ADVERTISEMENT

DJIA posts best month since 1976

Bargain hunting. Great time to pick up some solid stocks at a 30% discount.

Be cautious. Earnings estimates have yet to be revised downward, and earnings are certain to take a whack once the impact of Fed rate hikes start filtering through the greater economy. Nobody knows nothin' but my educated guess is the the market has another leg down in the coming months.

I'm light equities but nibbling.... if SP500 hits 3300 range I'll go all in. Until then I'm OK taking the 4-5% you can get in short term bonds now.

*not financial advice.

Reactions: NPT
Be cautious. Earnings estimates have yet to be revised downward, and earnings are certain to take a whack once the impact of Fed rate hikes start filtering through the greater economy. Nobody knows nothin' but my educated guess is the the market has another leg down in the coming months.

I'm light equities but nibbling.... if SP500 hits 3300 range I'll go all in. Until then I'm OK taking the 4-5% you can get in short term bonds now.

*not financial advice.
OK, just took your advice. What is your address for where I send my lawsuit summons? :)

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02 and NPT
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/30/sto...ose.html?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

What is this? Fake inflation by opportunistic corporations? Or something else? I'm curious....and don't follow the markets closely, but seems pretty odd to have a nearly 50 year high point in an economy tip-toeing on a recession.

Think of it like IU football if IU were to beat PSU- one great game does not make the team any good. A good October does not mean it's been a good year. And like IU football, I am not sure the markets will improve much any time soon. And more like IU football, a change in leadership to improve things won't happen until at least 2024.

what type of cookies is Brad peddling?
DFCs are my specialty: Dad's Famous Cookies.

Recipe:

Toll House Chocolate Chip Lovers cookie dough, pre-cut. (they make bigger cookies and have bigger chocoalte chunks)

Preheat oven to 350. No need to grease the pan. Bake for 11 minutes (not 12 like the package says). Let stand exactly 3 minutes.

They end up warm and gooey and delicious. My kids love them so much that my wife hates them (she's a supportive one, that one). If you want to go all out, put them on top (not bottom, they get cold and harden up) of a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream (I prefer butter pecan for them).

• Love
Reactions: jet812
DFCs are my specialty: Dad's Famous Cookies.

Recipe:

Toll House Chocolate Chip Lovers cookie dough, pre-cut. (they make bigger cookies and have bigger chocoalte chunks)

Preheat oven to 350. No need to grease the pan. Bake for 11 minutes (not 12 like the package says). Let stand exactly 3 minutes.

They end up warm and gooey and delicious. My kids love them so much that my wife hates them (she's a supportive one, that one). If you want to go all out, put them on top (not bottom, they get cold and harden up) of a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream (I prefer butter pecan for them).
My daughter cooks chocolate chip cookies once per week. She takes like 1/2 to school for friends/boyfriend.

No lie, they're the best I've ever had and I'm a choco chip connoiseur. Really does prove out that the more you do something the better you get at it.

Also, the choco chips while I was doing KETO nearly caused her emancipation.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT