ADVERTISEMENT

Did LeBron throw his coach under the bus in a win?

Bizzlepizzle

All-American
Apr 19, 2004
He said he scratched his play but then he delivered. Blatt is not back next year. Better win it all. How can you have your greatest player take the ball out and then he shuts you down and then hits a game winner.

Blatt is an idiot. He even called a TO with none left. LeBron saved his dumbass multiple times.

I winced when Lebron said that. Lebron is basically saying that it is his team and the coach can be overruled by the team's best player. At least Blatt was smart enough to listen. It isn't the time to argue. Blatt works for Lebron. I am not sure there is another coach that would be as accepting. It is clear Blatt isn't Lebron's choice and the coach will not last long.

We have heard for some time that Calipari would coach again in the NBA on a team with stars. Lebron is a pal of Calipari and it is been discussed that the two will end up together at some point. Is Cleveland where Calipari wants to be? I don't think so, but they have everything except the major market Calipari would crave. I also don't see Calipari at the Lakers or the Knicks anytime soon.

Blatt's been run over and dragged behind the bus for months now. I don't think anything Lebron says or does at this point can really make the public perception anymore negative. Anything short of a title and he's gone. The next coach will be whoever Lebron tells them to hire.

Nah, I think everyone knows Lebron runs that team, as he did with the Heat

The difference in Miami was Pat Riley. Riley had rank because Wade and Lebron respected him. And Riley backed Spoelstra, even in the first year when they struggled a bit and there was speculation he may get canned. So Spoelstra was never emasculated as head coach the way Blatt's been this year.

The dynamic in Cleveland is truly remarkable. I never recall seeing a team, all the way from coaches up through the front office, so completely cede control to a player the way they have this year.

The difference in Miami was Pat Riley. Riley had rank because Wade and Lebron respected him. And Riley backed Spoelstra, even in the first year when they struggled a bit and there was speculation he may get canned. So Spoelstra was never emasculated as head coach the way Blatt's been this year.

The dynamic in Cleveland is truly remarkable. I never recall seeing a team, all the way from coaches up through the front office, so completely cede control to a player the way they have this year.

Rilely primarily, for sure, but I think Wade pretty much backed Spo, too. That helped reign BronBron in.

Funny thing about Lebron's "control" is that most of the off-court decisions he's wanted have not really worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT