ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the Dylan Harper social media changes being talked about?

I see that I am late...was in a recruiting thread a few hours ago.

I'm usually late to the party on these things...assuming I am again??

I'm seeing on X/Twitter that people are saying he removed mention of Rutgers and "re-pinned" Duke and IU stuff?

McNeeley
Queen
Davis
Harper

Make it happen Coach!
Another 5 star guy, and a guard? We don't want him, and then have to rebuild every year, right?

I don't follow recruiting much or may have had a brain fart... who's Davis?

Another 5 star guy, and a guard? We don't want him, and then have to rebuild every year, right?

Daquan Davis...has been a guy that's been tied with Derick Queen. I think "package deals" are very, very, rarely an actual thing. But many have said these two might be. 4 star guard. Not sure if he'd impact Harper or not, kinda doubt it.

If Harper joins Flagg at Duke...that might be the next freshmen led team to really threaten for a title. If Scheyer knows how to use them.

Daquan Davis...has been a guy that's been tied with Derick Queen. I think "package deals" are very, very, rarely an actual thing. But many have said these two might be. 4 star guard. Not sure if he'd impact Harper or not, kinda doubt it.

If Harper joins Flagg at Duke...that might be the next freshmen led team to really threaten for a title. If Scheyer knows how to use them.
Flagg might actually do that by himself. He’s that special.

Until he played a team with a bunch of studs.
actually just 2...Magic and Kelser. Actually MSU was a pretty well-balanced team. ISU was a one man wrecking crew (granted, Carl Nicks was a decent guard).

been so long, hadn't seen the box score of that game in ages. ISU went 10-22 from the FT line (and Bird only 5-8). The game was won (and to a degree, lost) at the FT line. ISU actually hit one more FG than MSU (and remember this was when every FG was worth 2 points regardless of how far away from the basket you were).

ISU took 21 more shots, rebounds were even, and TO's were MSU 16 vs ISU 10. ISU was +3 in assists. Indiana State really should have won that game based on everything in the box score....sans the FTs. But MSU made 22 FTs to ISU's 10. Final margin was 11.

That's because we started Race and Kopp and had Bates off the bench. He was never the second best player because he was never better than TJD and JHS.

actually just 2...Magic and Kelser. Actually MSU was a pretty well-balanced team. ISU was a one man wrecking crew (granted, Carl Nicks was a decent guard).

been so long, hadn't seen the box score of that game in ages. ISU went 10-22 from the FT line (and Bird only 5-8). The game was won (and to a degree, lost) at the FT line. ISU actually hit one more FG than MSU (and remember this was when every FG was worth 2 points regardless of how far away from the basket you were).

ISU took 21 more shots, rebounds were even, and TO's were MSU 16 vs ISU 10. ISU was +3 in assists. Indiana State really should have won that game based on everything in the box score....sans the FTs. But MSU made 22 FTs to ISU's 10. Final margin was 11.

Nicks was more than decent, he was a first round pick and had a better championship game than Bird. Bird had a bad game and MSU was a better team, that's the reason they lost.

Reactions: Willdog7

Yes, we want him, Harper is the best guard in high school.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I was being sarcastic with the crowd complaining about the lack of continuity and chemistry with one and dones.
Sorry, I want the best available guard we can get. I do not care if it is one and done .CMW is after B10 and National championships now,

I heard an interview with him and he sounded like a good kid with a good personality, but this was a douchebag move... still gets under my skin.
kind of a conspiracy theory, but I just have this paranoid feeling that his older brother & pal McConnell still think of IU as their little bitches, and someone is trying to have fun at our expense. Either way, starting to get sick of all this social media recruiting drama. Miss the old days where I pick up the Indy Star and read that Eric Montross just committed to UNC, and nothing else. The shell game act they play with the hats at the big reveal day is getting old.

Time to go shoo some youngins off my lawn....

Last edited:
kind of a conspiracy theory, but I just have this paranoid feeling that his older brother & pal McConnell still think that IU is their little bitches, and someone is trying to have fun at our expense. Either way, starting to get sick of all this social media recruiting drama. Miss the old days where I pick up the Indy Star and read that Eric Montross just committed to UNC, and nothing else. The shell game act they play with the hats at the big reveal day is getting old.

Time to go shoo some youngins off my lawn....
Its his decision an important decision. I hope he picks us ,we need a point guard.

I might be wrong, but wasn't there a guy named Bob Heeton. It was at least a name like that. He wasn't that good but Larry would find him for a score.
yep Heaton hit a half courter to save a game during the season and keep their undefeated season alive...edit--did some digging, found the box score, since I thought it was odd seeing Bird come off the bench in his warmups to celebrate the shot. He had fouled out, after putting up a 37/17/9 evening. ISU dropped a big 2nd half lead, then won in OT without Bird. Triple doubles are an accomplishment, and although he didn't quite get a triple double, if he hadn't fouled out, he probably would have put up the only 40/20/10 game I can remember. Still think he and Pistol were the two greatest college players ever.

Last edited:
yep Heaton hit a half courter to save a game during the season and keep their undefeated season alive...edit--did some digging, found the box score, since I thought it was odd seeing Bird come off the bench in his warmups to celebrate the shot. He had fouled out, after putting up a 37/17/9 evening. ISU dropped a big 2nd half lead, then won in OT without Bird. Triple doubles are an accomplishment, and although he didn't quite get a triple double, if he hadn't fouled out, he probably would have put up the only 40/20/10 game I can remember. Still think he and Pistol were the two greatest college players ever.

Heaton also hit the shot to beat Arkansas in the tournament I believe.

Reactions: Willdog7
Worth remembering but if Indiana State would have beaten MSU for the championship they would be the last undefeated team to win the NCAA championship, wouldn't that be wild!
That same year I was at Roberts Stadium and saw ISU hold on to beat UE 74-70. UE had the ball very late in the game with a chance to take the lead. Place was going berserk. Bird had 40 (with no 3 point line). UE had an astonishing 27 turnovers but still had a chance to win.

Nicks was more than decent, he was a first round pick and had a better championship game than Bird. Bird had a bad game and MSU was a better team, that's the reason they lost.
Bird screwed his right forefinger up playing softball before that game and had it fused I believe before his rookie year.

He wore a wrap on the forefinger of his shooting hand for that game.

I was wrong-watched the start of the game and broken thumb on left hand.

Last edited:

And I believe Larry had broken his left thumb playing softball prior to the Elite 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT