ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson for Michigan..... OK.... is it a foul to use your right arm at a 90 degree angle to hold off your defender?

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
The last two minutes of regulation and already here in OT.... when he spots up underneath... his right elbow is at the same elevation as his shoulder and he is holding off his defender.... then pushes his defender off when he goes up for the shot.

If I'm Woody.... I would be heavy in the Refs ear all game long about it. (in out upcoming game)

He won't get away with that in the NBA.... they'll break his arm off.

They finally called it on him and now he's whining to the refs about it.

Reactions: bkiefer7
It has driven me nuts all year watching college hoops. It’s not only Dickinson that does it. Every bucket Caleb Furst scored against IU at Mackey he was doing it too.

The last two minutes of regulation and already here in OT.... when he spots up underneath... his right elbow is at the same elevation as his shoulder and he is holding off his defender.... then pushes his defender off when he goes up for the shot.

If I'm Woody.... I would be heavy in the Refs ear all game long about it. (in out upcoming game)

He does. But Hawkins acted like he got shot on a small push by Dickinson. Hawkins whines at every call so much that he should get NIL money from Franzia.

Reactions: Tscurlo

More than 50 years ago, I was playing in a game and the refs were allowing one of our opponents to push off with an arm every time he went to the basket. I mentioned it to one of the refs and he said he had no problem with a player doing that.

That frustrated me and told my teammates to give me the ball on every possession. I then began doing the same thing when I drove to the basket and I was scoring for us on every possession.

Finally, the same ref called both teams to mid court and informed us he was going to begin calling an offensive foul on any player using his arm to push off when going to the basket. Both teams stopped pushing off and we won the game.

Why don't refs call pushing off, traveling, palming, etc. now in basketball. They call a few travels, but not many of them. We were taught to establish our pivot whenever we caught the ball to prevent us from traveling. Many college players shuffle their feet, change pivots and take several steps before dribbling the ball now. In other words, it is becoming more like the NBA.

Reactions: Crayfish57

The BIg refs allow way too much of this crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT