ADVERTISEMENT

DH - Summer Q&A Video with Tamar Bates

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002

One of the great things about multi-year Players is watching their evolution. Not always a smooth/impressive trajectory but hard to resist anticipation along the lines of a 'Dipo-esque' ascendance. Additional links on Tamar below the video.
🐍

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
Def looks bigger just in the face
Shoulders and his frame just look much more thick. He is gonna be a killer this year!!! Can’t wait till scoop starts running his mouth.

My favorite player ever is KG. I love intensity and passion. Scoop has all of it.

Reactions: ericrossiu
If TB can make a big jump this year...the Hoosiers will make the jump as well. I hate winter but the season can't get here soon enough.
It’s funny, there is so much hype about all of our talent that I keep forgetting about Bates, and Geronimo too.

hopefully he makes the jump this season. I see little reason to worry about a sophomore slump as he did so little as a freshman. Seems like peoples expectations for him are based more on “talk” (ie the kids confidence, and ability to yap about it) than walk at this point.

Shoulders and his frame just look much more thick. He is gonna be a killer this year!!! Can’t wait till scoop starts running his mouth.

My favorite player ever is KG. I love intensity and passion. Scoop has all of it.
All of it; except for the production part so far! I thought he showed promise early and then just sort of faded. The opportunity for him is wide open and as CBH says, the better he plays, we as a team are that much improved.

I've always hoped the coaching staff would scrimmage the freshmen and TB and LD vs the upperclassmen. I think it would actually be a pretty interesting scrimmage. I think the uppers would win, but I think the young guys might make it interesting and bond a little from that.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
If TB can get 10-12 ppg, 38% 3pfg%, and 2-3 apg that would be fantastic for our Hoosiers.

More than that, and we are legit national title contenders.

Be lucky to play 12 mpg this coming year.

J/K Cav. Just seeing if your paying attention. I fully expect Bates to be in a better
position upstairs with less stress with the kiddo and be our starting "3" most
of the year. He has OG upside but for a 6'5"
kid. He can be the type
of stud who avg 13 ppg 6rpg All B1G as a upper classmen. I am that high on him.

Be lucky to play 12 mpg this coming year.

J/K Cav. Just seeing if your paying attention. I fully expect Bates to be in a better
position upstairs with less stress with the kiddo and be our starting "3" most
of the year. He has OG upside but for a 6'5"
kid. He can be the type
of stud who avg 13 ppg 6rpg All B1G as a upper classmen. I am that high on him.
Kopp, Bates, Geronimo, Galloway someone in that group is going to end up disappointed this year

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01

One of the great things about multi-year Players is watching their evolution. Not always a smooth/impressive trajectory but hard to resist anticipation along the lines of a 'Dipo-esque' ascendance. Additional links on Tamar below the video.
🐍
Very mature young man

Loved to hear his priorities - be a tough defender and hit shots. IU needs him to do both this season if it hopes to contend for championships.

Reactions: Cavanagh
If TB can get 10-12 ppg, 38% 3pfg%, and 2-3 apg that would be fantastic for our Hoosiers.

More than that, and we are legit national title contenders.
Pretty big forecast. I’ll be interested to see how many jump on the summer season championship bandwagon.
:cool:

What is the whole Scoop thing about any way? I loved Garnett esp when he went to Boston

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT