ADVERTISEMENT

Delete

Tonight we find ourselves on the single remaining member of "The Movement" in Senior PG Yogi Ferrell:

635593370644937400-Indiana-Maryland-Basketball-NYOTK-WEB343002.jpg

The last guy from a class that came in with so much promise. A 4 year starter who has taken just as much flak as praise in his 3 years of playing for the Cream n Crimson.
From the afterthought Freshman PG on a upperclassman lead team full of stars to Soph PG asked to shoulder more than his share of the load finally to leader of talented young players trying to over achieve.

Its insane to me to think Yogi is a Senior. I remember spending the better part of a summer in Indiana gyms following IE around, then watching PT play Cathedral and a young Collin Hartman. And who could forget this:

Anyways... Lets get to it. Yogi is an All American talent... Anyone who wants to argue that can but they're wasting their time. The kids a stud but could improve (in my eyes) in these areas:

1. Become the leader this team needs. Yogi has always been a fantastic scorer but hasn't really seemed to make the players around him better. He has all sorts of weapons surrounding him this year. Shooters, Slashers, post players. Get others going... This is Yogi's team. There's no doubt about it, time to be the leader they need.
635663604713725879-27-IUBB-MSU-2.jpg

2. Be a defensive force. You're 5'11 of muscle and speed. Act like it... no reason to ever, ever let a player blow by you into the lane. Period
3. Stop jumping out of bounds to pass the ball... Yes, IMO this falls on Crean because this is something they clearly practice but just don't do it. You're too talented to do it, the baseline is not your friend.
4. Work on that floater this year, make it automatic. Yogi, you're 5'11, if you have pro aspirations you're going to need a floater that works.
5. Alley-oops - Just get better at them. You've got talented leapers... well you have a couple long athletic guys who can go get it. Throw a couple from time to time
6. Lead by example... You're not the first #11, you won't be the last. It's time to leave your legacy. This is it... final go around. Everyone is going to be looking at you to make it happen this year.

Obviously I'm a bit harsh on YF but its because I think he has another level yet. If he can find it... This team could go from good to great.

Well thats it... I don't know how many people enjoyed these but I enjoyed writing them. Very cathartic for me. May do one more of these things...

Dare I go for one more?
1335829.jpg

^^^SPAM!!!^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT