ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive Personnel

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
Disappointed in Cam Jones year. He was exposed Saturday in coverage.

Our DL needs a rest. Elliott and Sio are banged up. Person is going to be a good one. Had to play his 4th game.

Jamar Johnson with a great pick. Why is he at Husky instead of safety.

Reese and Mullen look like 2 outstanding cover people. Need 3 more if you are play man all the time.

Mich and PU worked everyone else.

Huge recruiting weekend coming up. Will have a Bowl announcement to celebrate which is BIG. Will we oversign and stash a few on next years class?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Disappointed in Cam Jones year. He was exposed Saturday in coverage.

Our DL needs a rest. Elliott and Sio are banged up. Person is going to be a good one. Had to play his 4th game.

Jamar Johnson with a great pick. Why is he at Husky instead of safety.

Reese and Mullen look like 2 outstanding cover people. Need 3 more if you are play man all the time.

Mich and PU worked everyone else.

Huge recruiting weekend coming up. Will have a Bowl announcement to celebrate which is BIG. Will we oversign and stash a few on next years class?
I think Jamar has a been a bright spot. I really like the way he plays.
This is definitely the depth that Allen was wanting to build. Reese and Mullen starting is huge. Guys that were the number 1 last year are now our depth pieces.

Andre Browns biggest accomplishment the past 4 years was landing Tyra Buss.

Speaking of Andre Brown.... I got to meet Kiante Walton about a year ago in Best Buy in Btown. Kiante was a salesperson there and I recognized him and started an IU football conversation. I asked him who he thought our best defensive back was and he told me Andre Brown was the guy. He does pass the looks test but, how do you play all the football he has played for 4 years plus and not have at least one interception? That one has been a real head scratcher. Wasn't he the guy that dropped a sure pick six in the Mich St game? I guess he has the athleticism just not the greatest hands and d-back skill set. He did make an awesome play and scored a TD in the Georgia Southern game a couple of years ago iirc.
At any rate, I wish him the best and I am still proud of him for choosing to be a Hoosier.
Go Hoosiers!

Fitzgerald dropped it. Same type of player though.

Speaking of Andre Brown.... I got to meet Kiante Walton about a year ago in Best Buy in Btown. Kiante was a salesperson there and I recognized him and started an IU football conversation. I asked him who he thought our best defensive back was and he told me Andre Brown was the guy. He does pass the looks test but, how do you play all the football he has played for 4 years plus and not have at least one interception? That one has been a real head scratcher. Wasn't he the guy that dropped a sure pick six in the Mich St game? I guess he has the athleticism just not the greatest hands and d-back skill set. He did make an awesome play and scored a TD in the Georgia Southern game a couple of years ago iirc.
At any rate, I wish him the best and I am still proud of him for choosing to be a Hoosier.
Go Hoosiers!

Go Hoosiers!
Way to out him like that. :) Maybe keep your private convo's nameless in the future, Kiante is still friends with players and probably doesn't want his info shared...but by all means do share that "ran into an ex-player and he really liked Andre" - insights are insights, but some discretion is okay too. (And maybe he didn't want it know that's where he's working either?)

Didnt know that Mr Walton was a whistleblower LOL. Doubt he could hide very well at his very public job. But you are probably right, I will try to be more discreet in my posts. I guess since I was not outing Mr Walton as saying anything negative that it would harm anything. Good advice Indy. It was better than most would do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT