ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Cleaning Won’t Save Us From COVID, and Now We Know Why

It's been known for a long time that the initial assumption (large droplet-based transmission, with heavy contamination of surfaces) was all wrong and that aerosol transmission is really the norm. The latter doesn't linger on surfaces and stays airborne a lot longer than 6 feet. And it requires REAL masks (N95 or K95) for the best impact.

It's been known for a long time that the initial assumption (large droplet-based transmission, with heavy contamination of surfaces) was all wrong and that aerosol transmission is really the norm. The latter doesn't linger on surfaces and stays airborne a lot longer than 6 feet. And it requires REAL masks (N95 or K95) for the best impact.
Agreed. It’s pretty strange when stores and event venues continue to talk about sanitizing surfaces and cleaning the space. It doesn’t do shit. It’s like corporate virtue signaling.

Clorox cleaned up though didn't they?
301.jpg

But sure - you were way out front on that.....

Agreed. It’s pretty strange when stores and event venues continue to talk about sanitizing surfaces and cleaning the space. It doesn’t do shit. It’s like corporate virtue signaling.
Our clubhouse does the same thing. No matter how many times I tell them it's useless, they still do it.

Maybe not for covid, but I do like a clean place. Too many people still don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Disgusting bastards spreading their dick germs all over the place.

It's just about making people feel safe. We do the same whenever we have a positive case at work. However, I'm very tempted to just saying we did a deep cleaning when we didn't because I know it doesn't do anything. It's written into the cleaning contract so I figure there's no real problem.

Reactions: larsIU
But influenza totally disappeared...?

Hmmmmmmmm.

What the flip heck?
I owned a deli for 3 years. Had a child in grade school. Never got sick once, mainly because I washed my hands all the time.

I have made sure I wash my hands all the time now and am rarely sick (knock on wood).

Reactions: Lucy01
That doesn't work if you have a micro-penis.

Uh..... or so I've heard.
It doesn't work.

I got tired of humping the urinal to make sure it got in there.

Looked like a total weirdo at the Wrigley Field trough (it's been 20 years, does Wrigley still have those piss troughs?)

Lol

(Kudos on the self deprecating joke Danc).

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
It doesn't work.

Looked like a total weirdo at the Wrigley Field trough (it's been 20 years, does Wrigley still have those piss troughs?)

Lol

I was smashed in like a sardine at the wrigley trough and heard a guy say "watch I'll clear this out." He pissed a solid stream of blood right into it that as long as I live I'll never forget.

I was smashed in like a sardine at the wrigley trough and heard a guy say "watch I'll clear this out." He pissed a solid stream of blood right into it that as long as I live I'll never forget.
Haven’t been to the 500 for about 6 years but I remember the trough in the infield restrooms. Back in the mid aughts saw a guy just poke his head between two dudes and puke. I might have just pissed on his head if I’d been standing next to him.

Haven’t been to the 500 for about 6 years but I remember the trough in the infield restrooms. Back in the mid aughts saw a guy just poke his head between two dudes and puke. I might have just pissed on his head if I’d been standing next to him.
Ike and Joneseys..

Ice filled troughs..

• Love
Reactions: DANC and larsIU
It doesn't work.

Lol

Even we misogynistic, racist, bigoted Nazis can have a sense of humor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT