ADVERTISEMENT

Days like today are the reason I gave up my points.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
Opening Kick off.
Holding calls.
Turnovers in crucial situations.
Not taking the Pts.
Fans leaving at halftime.
Having a chance for a in front of a empty stadium.
I will just watch on the Bog Ten Network at the Eagles with Kentucky fans rooting for us.
We need 2 more wins. Go and get them kids. Forget the fans play for yourself.

This was a BIG MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!! Par for the course...Tom Allen is starting to disappoint me with his gambling style.

I’m glad you finally came around. Been trying to tell you this for several months.

I’m not coming around. I’ve actually given up. IU’s usual tank job, coupled with the Purdue resurgence and win over #2 in the country tonight was the last straw for me with this university.

It’s a program that is cursed to lose. I am a true believer in that now and that’s just the way it always will be.

Reactions: IUgradman
Try to recruit against PU now...fat chance...nice job IU.

Now beating 2 of the next 3 don't look so good...

No, he wanted the IU job because of proximity to Louisville. He would've taken our program over Purdue. Remember, we were on solid ground, not them.
Purdue was committed to paying him more and providing more for his assistants, and their football facilities are better. They also have an AD who is a football guy. He wasn't ever coming to IU, and he'd have picked Purdue over IU had IU ever conducted a search and offered him.

Purdue was committed to paying him more and providing more for his assistants, and their football facilities are better. They also have an AD who is a football guy. He wasn't ever coming to IU, and he'd have picked Purdue over IU had IU ever conducted a search and offered him.
You could be right, I do know that Hoosier 71 talked to someone he trusts and it was stated that Brohm wanted the IU gig.

We need to remember that IU was a much better program at that time. Also, IU had just beaten a very good Brohm coached Western Kentucky team in 2015. So Brohm knew that the IU team was loaded with offensive talent.

I just want Louisville to get him. He will win a National Championship at Louisville.

I've held out hope for many years that somehow, some way an AD at IU would pull a rabbit out of the hat and miraculously turn the football program around. I don't know what it will take and obviously FG doesn't either. From now on I will passively follow IU football and not schedule my fall Saturdays around IU football. I'm throwing in the towel to avoid the weekly frustration.

I've held out hope for many years that somehow, some way an AD at IU would pull a rabbit out of the hat and miraculously turn the football program around. I don't know what it will take and obviously FG doesn't either. From now on I will passively follow IU football and not schedule my fall Saturdays around IU football. I'm throwing in the towel to avoid the weekly frustration.
Welcome to the club.

You could be right, I do know that Hoosier 71 talked to someone he trusts and it was stated that Brohm wanted the IU gig.

We need to remember that IU was a much better program at that time. Also, IU had just beaten a very good Brohm coached Western Kentucky team in 2015. So Brohm knew that the IU team was loaded with offensive talent.

I just want Louisville to get him. He will win a National Championship at Louisville.
He certainly would've wanted to be considered, but Glass chose to not conduct a search of any kind. It was an incredibly arrogant move for a guy with no football experience, and reckless beyond belief in regard to the stewardship of the program. Oh well, IU's negligence may have been Purdue's gain.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Welcome to the club.
Give me the instruction manual on how to "turn it off" and I will!!! Been faithfully tuning in, going to games when I can, listening on the radio, letting it affect my fall weekends for too long now.

If Fred doesn't want to build it the right way and build to beat Michigan and Ohio State, I need out.

Give me the instruction manual on how to "turn it off" and I will!!! Been faithfully tuning in, going to games when I can, listening on the radio, letting it affect my fall weekends for too long now.

If Fred doesn't want to build it the right way and build to beat Michigan and Ohio State, I need out.
Join the Eagles in Lyon County. become the secretary and buy the Big Ten TV package.

Reactions: Rakkasan29 and td75
No gods involved, just idiots running IU athletics. Fred is laughably incompetent and unfit to hold the job he does.
Glass has only been here for 10 years so what excuse do yo have for the other years of terrible football. You seriously need to get help with you unhealthy hatred for glass.

To me if you can't stay during the bad times then don't ever come back if and that is a big if we turn it around and start wining. I was a fan of the Colts since they moved here in 1984 and the first 10 years were horrible and then we had a great run in 95 but they could not sustain that and went back to being terrible. I never stopped being a fan and when they got Payton and started winning it made it even better knowing I stayed through the hard times.

Glass has only been here for 10 years so what excuse do yo have for the other years of terrible football.

Bad ADs replacing worse ADs. Or maybe even University presidents who want to "de-emphasize" athletics.

Don't you like to brag about having been an Indiana fan for decades? Do you really not remember the sad history of mismanagement from the Athletic Department, Scott?

This really isn't all that difficult.

Anybody who expected IU to be 5-3 or 6-2 at this point of the season is just foolish. Yes it would have been nice. Just put down the bottle and go outside and enjoy the afternoon. The Hoosiers are 4-4. Congratulations to Purdue for beating Ohio State. Any Purdue lurkers here? Four weeks ago many people on this board thought you never would win a game this season. Now iU will never win another game. Maybe this is a harbinger of things to come :)

I am off for a bike ride.

Glass has only been here for 10 years so what excuse do yo have for the other years of terrible football. You seriously need to get help with you unhealthy hatred for glass.

ONLY? A decade is an eternity and we have very little to show for Fred’s time here. And I don’t want to hear about the irrelevant non-revenue sports.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Yes, but Indiana is Tom Allen's dream job. That's why Glass had to hurry up and sign him before he left for another team...
Your post needs to be in the hall of fame. Absolute classic and true, but somehow the confetti tossers don't get it.

Welcome to the club.
I haven’t posted since the game out of frustration.
Have never seen a program lose in so many different ways.
Special teams,turnovers,coaching blunders,bad calls.
The list goes on and on and I can’t do it any longer as well.
I will continue to root for them but cannot continue to hand them money and continue to get the same result game after game,year after year with no end in sight.
Everyone keeps saying it’s gonna happen,it just takes time.
I used to be one of those people but they have finally wore me down.
I get too frustrated and end up being in a bad mood all weekend,just not worth it.
Why should I care more than the administration?

Why should I care more than the administration?

The real question to ask is what is it you care about and what does the administration care about. The two might not be in alignment and if they are will lead to perpetual disappointment.

Admin just wants the money and prestige being in the B10. Players be damned. I think we are in trouble. The coaching staff was further exposed as amateur..what I was afraid of from day one of Allen's tenure. They can still come together and win...no doubt about it. BUT...haven't we been here before? Havent we seen this before? This team is going down, not up..and the program will nose dive right along with it.

Minny just got pounded by an 0-0 team but how many here honestly believe we are going on the road after a performance like that and beat them?? Sure if CAN happen...but WILL it happen? This is the litany of IU FB. We always fail when on the cusp of winning.

I want IU to win this week...I don't like Minny...but if we lose, perhaps the best part of it would be the merciful end of speculation about bowl games. I said at seasons beginning I dint think we would go bowling...its a rebuild year...and was shouted down. Maybe we will do it but its almost problematic now. This is a team that cannot consistently do anything...lose or win with consistency. They tease us with a win and decent play, then play a top team close...then lay a rotten egg like Saturday...but in the end, we lose out. No wonder bowl games are such rare events around here.

Is the problem Glass? Of course not...he runs the program, not set its budget or agenda. I was a manger for years and you do what you are told to do. That is exactly what Glass is doing or we'd have a new AD that would. The Board has always been sports real enemy around here. They just don't take it serious.

Bottom line...40 years of watching IU FB up close teaches this...what you have seen is what you are going to get. This is it...if conditions remain the same. Can they change? Based on the evidence...no.

But I guess stranger things have happened...just not to us.

Last edited:
Admin just wants the money and prestige being in the B10. Players be damned. I think we are in trouble. The coaching staff was further exposed as amateur..what I was afraid of from day one of Allen's tenure. They can still come together and win...no doubt about it. BUT...haven't we been here before? Havent we seen this before? This team is going down, not up..and the program will nose dive right along with it.

Minny just got pounded by an 0-0 team but how many here honestly believe we are going on the road after a performance like that and beat them?? Sure if CAN happen...but WILL it happen? This is the litany of IU FB. We always fail when on the cusp of winning.

I want IU to win this week...I don't like Minny...but if we lose, perhaps the best part of it would be the merciful end of speculation about bowl games. I said at seasons beginning I dint think we would go bowling...its a rebuild year...and was shouted down. Maybe we will do it but its almost problematic now. This is a team that cannot consistently do anything...lose or win with consistency. They tease us with a win and decent play, then play a top team close...then lay a rotten egg like Saturday...but in the end, we lose out. No wonder bowl games are such rare events around here.

Is the problem Glass? Of course not...he runs the program, not set its budget or agenda. I was a manger for years and you do what you are told to do. That is exactly what Glass is doing or we'd have a new AD that would. The Board has always been sports real enemy around here. They just don't take it serious.

Bottom line...40 years of watching IU FB up close teaches this...what you have seen is what you are going to get. This is it...if conditions remain the same. Can they change? Based on the evidence...no.

College football is all about making the correct hire, it really is. We do all of this analyzing and over thinking around here when the real truth is very simple and directly in front of us.

When was the last time Indiana hired a proven head coach, a la Purdue? Indiana hires the typical hot shot coordinator that has zero experience as a head coach and that's proven to be a path to mediocrity.

The proof is the never ending history of 5-6 records we have to show for these hires. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, etc. It's bullshit.

My wife really pointed out the crux of this biscut...we are in a Catch 22...fans won't come unless we win...and many say the team cannot win without fan support in the stands.

Her conclusion...we're screwed...

College football is all about making the correct hire, it really is. We do all of this analyzing and over thinking around here when the real truth is very simple and directly in front of us.

When was the last time Indiana hired a proven head coach, a la Purdue? Indiana hires the typical hot shot coordinator that has zero experience as a head coach and that's proven to be a path to mediocrity.

The proof is the never ending history of 5-6 records we have to show for these hires. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, etc. It's bullshit.
That, my friend, is all Admin...

Reactions: td75

Yet the Administration has put Millions of dollars into the football program and upgraded all the facilities. If they did not care about the program or the players they would not have done all of these upgrades a and spent all of that money.

Yet the Administration has put Millions of dollars into the football program and upgraded all the facilities. If they did not care about the program or the players they would not have done all of these upgrades a and spent all of that money.
24 Sports 1 Team

Sorry, but I really don't think you get it at all. Ask where the money came from for the expansions? Ask who made what decisions. Ask the key question..who did the pretty stadium help most?

Regardless of what the administration does, I will continue to support the football program because the players with IU on their jerseys deserve it. What a shame it was to see the empty stadium on Saturday while IU had a chance (albeit small) to still win the friggin game.

Reactions: IU Scott
Sorry, but I really don't think you get it at all. Ask where the money came from for the expansions? Ask who made what decisions. Ask the key question..who did the pretty stadium help most?

It was done to help the football program and if you can't see that then you guys just want to see what you want to see. Glass helped raise that money for all of these upgrades and put it into the football program.

ONLY? A decade is an eternity and we have very little to show for Fred’s time here. And I don’t want to hear about the irrelevant non-revenue sports.

Dumb.

NEZ.
SEZ.
Increased assistant coach budget
Increased recruiting budget.
Paved parking lots.

I don't take driving directions from the blind
You are blind when it comes to IU football the last 10 years.

Fred Glass stole your girlfriend
Fine
Get over it

Reactions: IUHDog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT