ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell Chooses Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid for Nebraska, Wandale Robinson, along with Haselwood are the two premier WRs in this game.
IU had about as much chance at Bell as Purdue had at Romeo. Basically zero. Look forward to Tiawan Mullen shutting him down because that kid is good.

No, I’m a long time IU fan. But facts are facts. Bell is a special player and Green, while hopefully headed to Bloomington, has barely seen the field and was recruited over by Mullen’s staff, which led to his decision to leave.

If you were actually watching the game, you would see that the best WR going to the Big Ten in this game is Wandale Robinson.....and Jadon Haselwood, who is just a freak out there, is heads and shoulders above him and Bell. It’s not even close.

No doubt Bell will be good, but he might not be instant impact.

IU did get three of the top five players in the state, all four stars. Yes, we lost on Bell but we did quite well recruiting the state in this class. And we are dominating it in basketball.
I didn’t think I’d ever see IU and Purdue combine for the top 6 recruits in the state. The staff has done a great job recruiting. Next year it has to show on the field.

I think Purdue will be in great shape at WR, good at QB, but have HUGE question marks at ever other position on offense

Good looking group of track stars..., unfortunately for them they'll be playing against Football teams.

No it doesn’t.Green has barely gotten on the field at UF. Bell will have more receptions in the first half of his first game than Green had as a Gator in 2 seasons. Brake tapping would make sense here.

Why would you not want Daquon Green? How could you even say that Bell is better? He hasn’t even played in college! Green was a 4-star, 5.8 Under Armour All Star. And, the context is important. “Getting on the field” with 4-star competition who were all JR wide receivers vs. going up against kids on a roster who are not remotely the same level.

No, I’m a long time IU fan. But facts are facts. Bell is a special player and Green, while hopefully headed to Bloomington, has barely seen the field and was recruited over by Mullen’s staff, which led to his decision to leave.
Why in the hell do we continue with these posts. We have a great class coming in.

If you were actually watching the game, you would see that the best WR going to the Big Ten in this game is Wandale Robinson.....and Jadon Haselwood, who is just a freak out there, is heads and shoulders above him and Bell. It’s not even close.

No doubt Bell will be good, but he might not be instant impact.
I look forward to watching Robinson. He is going to be good.

I didn’t think I’d ever see IU and Purdue combine for the top 6 recruits in the state. The staff has done a great job recruiting. Next year it has to show on the field.

Both Purdue and IU will end up with their highest rated recruiting classes in over a decade. Good for the rivalry and good for the State. It had been a shame to watch Iowa and others beat the Hoosiers and the Boilers for top in-State talent.

Reactions: Bill4411
Ohio State looks like they got a good one at WR too

No shock there. They get solid guys out of this game every year. But you know what? The real winners from this showcase were schools like Georgia and Alabama. Did you see how many kids put on THEIR hats? That’s where the real “game changers” come in. You get a gaggle of OL or DL playing in this or the UA game, now you be cookin!!

No shock there. They get solid guys out of this game every year. But you know what? The real winners from this showcase were schools like Georgia and Alabama. Did you see how many kids put on THEIR hats? That’s where the real “game changers” come in. You get a gaggle of OL or DL playing in this or the UA game, now you be cookin!!
The unfortunate thing is guys who chose other schools don’t get chosen for these games. I coached a kid Keith Bryant who I did not think was very good but Ed Orgeron loved him he ended up playing Army all America game and then going to FSU never touched the field and is finishing up at Faulkner. Had two others that nobody recruited Luther Maddy and Dadi Nicolas . The night before signing day Luther was committed to Western Michigan. Frank Beamer showed up at a basketball game they were watching and offered both of them. Luther almost single handedly shut down Ohio State one year he got injured and Tech d kind of fell apart. I know that is is just 3 examples but I am sure people can find many other examples.

Reactions: ESalum86
Who will throw to him? Odd choice.

Most likely Elijah Sindelar, former starter (before a ACL injury) and Mr. Kentucky. He was recovering from an injury last season and due to Blough's success he sat out to recover. Purdue is looking for him to have 2 more seasons.

From the Star: "Sindelar threw 49 touchdown passes last season to become Kentucky's career leader with 144, shattering the mark of 133 shared by Ricky Bowling and Tim Couch. His 12,637 career yards rank second all-time and he established another state mark of 41 consecutive games with at least one TD pass."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT