ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas James

Good depth pickup. Amazing you can just go pluck a 7-footer this late in the game. Practices should be very spirited if Woody and crew push them.
they absolutely are expecting nothing from him as far as playing time. he knows it and is fine with it, he shot 16.7 percent from the free throw line last year. could be a pickup to make the other guys feel good about their free throw shooting.

they absolutely are expecting nothing from him as far as playing time. he knows it and is fine with it, he shot 16.7 percent from the free throw line last year. could be a pickup to make the other guys feel good about their free throw shooting.
fwiw - in limited time last year his blocks per 100, per 40 and block % are higher than TJD, Ware or Ballo .. It was in the MEAC though, that has te be accounted for. Decent rebounding numbers also. Non existant offensive game .

So, he may be of some use, though it won't be on the offense end.

Last edited:
fwiw - in limited time last year his blocks per 100, per 40 and block % are higher than TJD, Ware or Ballo .. It was in the MEAC though that has te be accounted for. Decent rebounding numbers also. Non existant offensive game .

So, he may be of some use, though it won't be on the offense end.
guy averaged 1 point and 1.7 rebounds for his career. simply signed to have enough Bigs for practice. Ballo gets gout all the time

🍆

Hopefully he never touches the ball and gets fouled.. I guess he can spare Ballo a min or two while he takes a crap.

I'd say this is just insurance. Extra practice body, which might be pretty important if they're nursing Ballo along, and emergency depth. Could be a good pickup.
I'm hearing Ballo might not be ready til January-February if all goes well? Is that legit?

I'm hearing Ballo might not be ready til January-February if all goes well? Is that legit?
No idea. You're asking the wrong guy, as I have no "ins" with anyone in the program. One of the main reasons I come here. The trick is trying to discern who to listen to and trust.

Think I've figured out who not to trust: Hooky!

Last edited:
16.7!

Interesting fact, if true. He was listed at 7.0 ft, 240 lbs, as a freshman, and then 7.0 ft, 200 lbs, as a sophmore, and the same now. Did he really lose 40lbs? And, if so, how, and why? And, in his highlight videos, he did appear to be active under the basket in blocking, and altering shots, and rebounding. His Senior year he started 13 of the 25 games he played in, but only averaged 7 min per game. And took a total of 18 shots, making 9, for 50% avg. Looks like the offense certainly didn't go thru him, and they didn't take advantage of his height. He didn't look clumsy, or lazy, so maybe he's a project that needs some good leadership, and expert training. Not sure how much can be done in one year, but, under Woody's tutelage, maybe he can become a productive substitute for Ballo, by years end, and tournament time. If Woody was going to fill that last scholly, I think this was the ideal way to do that. Can't hurt to have another 7 footer, who's experienced, and intelligent, to relieve the starter.

Interesting fact, if true. He was listed at 7.0 ft, 240 lbs, as a freshman, and then 7.0 ft, 200 lbs, as a sophmore, and the same now. Did he really lose 40lbs? And, if so, how, and why? And, in his highlight videos, he did appear to be active under the basket in blocking, and altering shots, and rebounding. His Senior year he started 13 of the 25 games he played in, but only averaged 7 min per game. And took a total of 18 shots, making 9, for 50% avg. Looks like the offense certainly didn't go thru him, and they didn't take advantage of his height. He didn't look clumsy, or lazy, so maybe he's a project that needs some good leadership, and expert training. Not sure how much can be done in one year, but, under Woody's tutelage, maybe he can become a productive substitute for Ballo, by years end, and tournament time. If Woody was going to fill that last scholly, I think this was the ideal way to do that. Can't hurt to have another 7 footer, who's experienced, and intelligent, to relieve the starter.
25-year-old college prospect, yeah woody might get him up to 3 point a game

I really think he's just a practice player, and emergency backup if Ballo were to get hurt. I think this has more to do with concerns about Ballo than hope for what James can become... unhindered by what has been... at SC St.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT