ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball's latest projection for the Field of 64 (Updated to 5/22)...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
They still have three teams in the field from the B1G with Maryland (auto bid) and IU both 2-seeds with Iowa a 3-seed, while Rutgers is in their first four out. They now have IU in the Nashville Regional where Vandy is 8th among the top 16 picks.

NASHVILLE

1 Vanderbilt (8)
4 Kent State

2 Indiana
3 Arizona State

Reactions: ulrey and 82IU
It's pretty much the same with the Baseball America projection with Maryland (auto seed) and IU 2-seeds while Iowa is a 3-seed. They also have Rutgers among their first four out. The only difference for IU is they have them in the Lexington Regional with UK being the 11th of the 16 top picks.

LEXINGTON

1 Kentucky (11)
4 Morehead State

2 Indiana
3 Notre Dame

Reactions: ulrey and 82IU
D1Baseball put out their projections for the end of the regular season. They said they were going to start doing a daily one starting on Weds with conference tourneys going on, but I'm not going to post anymore of them until the conference tourneys are over with on Sunday. The Field of 64 announcement is a week from today.

In the latest one that came out today, they have IU now going to Fayetteville and being in a regional with their No. 3 overall seed in Arkansas. Since they started their projections they have had IU hosting in Bloomington, going to Nashville a couple of times, to Lexington a couple of times and to Winston-Salem. Here is the most recent one. They dropped Rutgers from being a bubble team and in the last four out, and they have Maryland and IU as 2-seeds with Iowa as a 3-seed:

FAYETTEVILLE

1 Arkansas (3)
4 Maine

2 Indiana
3 Oklahoma

Reactions: hookyIU1990
What’s this silliness I heard today about Ind State hosting IU, Ball St, and ND?
No way, and it's just that, silliness. This is the first I have heard of this, and belief of many is that Indiana State will not host a regional despite their No. 10 RPI although they are certainly in the discussion. It was cited that ISU is just 2-9 against Quad 1 teams despite that high RPI which was helped by their SOS being No. 3 in the country. Here is a comment in a chat today that was actually about whether Campbell or ECU would get to host a regional and there was a mention of ISU in the response.

Andrew Miller: Is Campbell still in the hosting picture and if it came down to ECU or Campbell who would you have in as a host.
Aaron Fitt: Yes, Campbell is certainly still in the mix, and clearly ahead of ECU based on the 3-0 head-to-head record. Campbell also has a better top 50 record (5-4) than these other mid-major host candidates we’ve been talking about, like Indiana State (2-9), DBU (2-7) and UConn (1-2).

Reactions: Bucket Getter
No way, and it's just that, silliness. This is the first I have heard of this, and belief of many is that Indiana State will not host a regional despite their No. 10 RPI although they are certainly in the discussion. It was cited that ISU is just 2-9 against Quad 1 teams despite that high RPI which was helped by their SOS being No. 3 in the country. Here is a comment in a chat today that was actually about whether Campbell or ECU would get to host a regional and there was a mention of ISU in the response.

Andrew Miller: Is Campbell still in the hosting picture and if it came down to ECU or Campbell who would you have in as a host.
Aaron Fitt: Yes, Campbell is certainly still in the mix, and clearly ahead of ECU based on the 3-0 head-to-head record. Campbell also has a better top 50 record (5-4) than these other mid-major host candidates we’ve been talking about, like Indiana State (2-9), DBU (2-7) and UConn (1-2).
I didn’t think there could possibly be any truth behind it, but it sure would be cool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT