ADVERTISEMENT

CTA just on Full Ride......

eddy4iu

Sep 4, 2001
Asked about maintaining DC responsibilities he responded that he will definitely be relinquishing those responsibilities in the future.
This may not be the first time he's said that but I don't recall hearing it so definitively.

Well, damned if you do, and damned if you don't...vbg. He is one fantastic DC...he is still learning to be a HC and has a way to go as this season dramatically pointed out, and not in a completely negative way. The HC must devote full time to that job, that is without dispute. But it was his defensive coaching that truly gave fans a glimpse of the Promised Land as no team achieves success without a solid defense, something that we just haven't had since the 80's.

Now, what are the chances we will find another hotshot young DC to come and work here? How long did it take us the last time?...vbg

Excuse me if I remain doubtful. I'm still waiting to see an OC that understands that at IU, you must tailor that unit to fit who is playing and not the other way around.

Well, damned if you do, and damned if you don't...vbg. He is one fantastic DC...he is still learning to be a HC and has a way to go as this season dramatically pointed out, and not in a completely negative way. The HC must devote full time to that job, that is without dispute. But it was his defensive coaching that truly gave fans a glimpse of the Promised Land as no team achieves success without a solid defense, something that we just haven't had since the 80's.

Now, what are the chances we will find another hotshot young DC to come and work here? How long did it take us the last time?...vbg

Excuse me if I remain doubtful. I'm still waiting to see an OC that understands that at IU, you must tailor that unit to fit who is playing and not the other way around.
he doesn't need a young hotshot dc, just a dc that runs the defense exactly the way allen runs it. that is, after all, what got allen the head job

Reactions: Chriselli and IUCol
I have said before, wonder if Womack is a possible candidate. Comfort level w/coach is there and he was kind of a DC whiz at smaller school before taking LB slot at IU.

I want to see this season end with at least 1 more W & bowl. Then I think there is good opportunity for positive staff changes at seasons end. TBD

Reactions: IUCol
I have said before, wonder if Womack is a possible candidate. Comfort level w/coach is there and he was kind of a DC whiz at smaller school before taking LB slot at IU.

I want to see this season end with at least 1 more W & bowl. Then I think there is good opportunity for positive staff changes at seasons end. TBD
I thought the same thing that he was bringing in Womack to groom him who coaches the same style defense as Allen. I've also wondered at times if Womack is already calling some defense therefore the slide this year.

I know one thing in another post someone asked how many freshman we are playing on defense. I counted 8. Also, in the first two series last week we rotated 21 different guys on defense. Thats ALOT!

Once his son graduates he'll have just the man he wants.
Go Hoosiers!
i'm sure he will end up on staff. certainly will not play on sundays. he looks like he is running in quicksand. doesn't have that "foot speed" as his pops likes to say. makes up for that with his "eye discipline"

I have no particular positive or negative vibe about Hiller as OL coach, but I had hoped for Justin Frye from BC when the position was open.......That ship may have sailed with him going to UCLA this Spring but it would be an interesting hire.

I wanted Frye too (when he was still at BC). I like ex IU guys who’ve done well. Maybe if job were open he’d be interested in “coming home” but if not, I’m sure there are talented line coaches interested in coaching in the B10, and I think Coach Allen is well liked too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT