ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Evans on IU's Chances with Garland and Romeo

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Who is Corey Evans? Everyone can have an opinion on this, but I like our chances for Garland a little more since Kansas just received a verbal from a 5 star PG.

Well, conventional wisdom is that Vandy is in the driver's seat.

Of course, I also just finished saying that CW is typically only self-reinforced.

Garland isn't considering Kansas. Vandy and IU are the two teams most have said have the best chance to land Garland.
Okay, you're right. I confused him with Langford. I suppose that doesn't help his decision unless it gets into a scholarship numbers crunch.

Of course, I also just finished saying that CW is typically only self-reinforced.

It's not about being a top 25 team, Vandy is a fan favorite around Nashville. It's quite the cool thing to be a Vandy fan and an entire life of being the hometown hero. Ya think he won't have the pick of career positions after college ball or NBA? He will be very well taken care of; much like Indiana as a state. He's in a tough position in picking any school over Vandy. Best of both worlds for me. I'll watch him either way, but sure hoping Indiana.

It's not about being a top 25 team, Vandy is a fan favorite around Nashville. It's quite the cool thing to be a Vandy fan and an entire life of being the hometown hero. Ya think he won't have the pick of career positions after college ball or NBA? He will be very well taken care of; much like Indiana as a state. He's in a tough position in picking any school over Vandy. Best of both worlds for me. I'll watch him either way, but sure hoping Indiana.

He won't get the respect, attention, and love at Vandy that he will at IU. This area lives and breathes basketball. We have 50k students on campus compared to Vandy's 13k.

Last edited:

If he wants to know if the people of Hoosier Nation will support him after his career, we should have him talk to Quinn Buckner, Dr. Steve Green, Dr. Steve Ahlfeldt, Ray Tolbert. Didn't Isiah Thomas send a son or nephew to IU? There's another conversation he could have about the Hoosier Nation's post-graduate support. Heck, we could even send him to George McGinnis, for that matter. That might tell him the Hoosier Nation has been supporting its alumni -- even on OADs -- for more than 40 years.

Reactions: IUgradman
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...y-indiana-emmitt-williams-darius-days-alabama

Looks like we have an uphill battle for both according to this guy. Hoosier Hysteria will be key. Would suck to lose out on both.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...y-indiana-emmitt-williams-darius-days-alabama

Looks like we have an uphill battle for both according to this guy. Hoosier Hysteria will be key. Would suck to lose out on both.

Corey who? I have no idea who is guy is and I am not worried.

Reactions: IUgradman

ehhh -- is Vandy every truly in the driver's seat? i'd bet no one there thinks so. lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT