ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Hickman

This one hurts. Local kid we wanted but must like their offense better for his role. Can't imagine they offered more NIL.

This one hurts. Local kid we wanted but must like their offense better for his role. Can't imagine they offered more NIL.
If we get Carlyle and Rice, he'd have had to accept coming off the bench likely. I think he'd have helped us that way, but guessing he didn't want that. Or had concerns about lack of developing shooters or shooters in our offense. I hear TMP, but I also know people and I guarantee you every other program is telling shooters, "you don't want to go to IU..."

Reactions: Bucket Getter
If we get Carlyle and Rice, he'd have had to accept coming off the bench likely. I think he'd have helped us that way, but guessing he didn't want that. Or had concerns about lack of developing shooters or shooters in our offense. I hear TMP, but I also know people and I guarantee you every other program is telling shooters, "you don't want to go to IU..."
He will have similar role at Cincy. This one stings, been nice to have a shooter like him

Honestly this doesn't really matter to me, we'll find someone else. Was never really that high on him.

Now the big guy is incredibly important and is an absolute must. I'd offer him 2 million if that's what it takes.

He’s not that good. I watch a lot of Bradley hoops and his game doesn’t translate to the Big10. He could even handle pressure when handling the basketball. This is good news.

Woodson is only interested in pro prospects. Hickman was never in the mix.
Well, then we’re truly screwed. Hickman may not have worked out but you can’t have consistency and success at this level by only chasing guys who are pro prospects. You need a balance. If Woody doesn’t understand that then he’s even dumber than I thought.

Guys who want to move up from smaller schools likely will. Walker and Sparks came here knowing they'd likely be coming off the bench.
Probably why we didn’t get Dalton Knecht. Woody wanted him to lead the second brigade. 😂

It's so long ago I couldn't tell you anything about the peach basketball hoop era.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT