ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Essegian

No news about Carlyle is worrying to me. He's one I really think the Hoosiers can use. Great complement to Rice.

Thinking Lyndon Jones to Jay Edwards stuff. Only now the PG is probably the best player, although I'm excited about Carlyle IF it happens.
He is visiting April 19th-21st. I don't think he has other visits set.

I'm very excited about Carlyle too (knock on wood).

No news about Carlyle is worrying to me. He's one I really think the Hoosiers can use. Great complement to Rice.

Thinking Lyndon Jones to Jay Edwards stuff. Only now the PG is probably the best player, although I'm excited about Carlyle IF it happens.
His visit is 2 morrow.

AAU doesn’t exist to teach the fundamentals, especially at the high school level.
Some programs do, some don't. Most high major D1 level kids have personal trainers, and they put in quite a lot more time on basketball skill training, and strength and agility training, than most on here would ever fathom they do. And then they play a lot of games.

Where they're missing out, most of them anyways, are team skill development from team practices.

So if a kid doesn't play for a school team that has normal team practices, and then plays typlical high level AAU ball, they won't learn things like help side defense, screening and using screens, moving without the ball, keeping spacing...

AAU has basically always been like this. The deterioration of knowledge of how to play the game, probably has more to do with school ball degrading. AAU has always gotten a bad rap, and deserves it in some ways. But if players are becoming less fundamentally sound, less able to play good team basketball...its probably not AAU's fault.

AAU only runs from April 1 to July 31...for most high school kids. What are they doing from August 1 through March 31st?

Some programs do, some don't. Most high major D1 level kids have personal trainers, and they put in quite a lot more time on basketball skill training, and strength and agility training, than most on here would ever fathom they do. And then they play a lot of games.

Where they're missing out, most of them anyways, are team skill development from team practices.

So if a kid doesn't play for a school team that has normal team practices, and then plays typlical high level AAU ball, they won't learn things like help side defense, screening and using screens, moving without the ball, keeping spacing...

AAU has basically always been like this. The deterioration of knowledge of how to play the game, probably has more to do with school ball degrading. AAU has always gotten a bad rap, and deserves it in some ways. But if players are becoming less fundamentally sound, less able to play good team basketball...its probably not AAU's fault.

AAU only runs from April 1 to July 31...for most high school kids. What are they doing from August 1 through March 31st?
How about opposite-hand dribbling, jump shot, and shooting form just to name a few? In high school all I see is 3-point shooting, no pull-up jumpers and a simple 2 hand chest pass.

How about opposite-hand dribbling, jump shot, and shooting form just to name a few? In high school all I see is 3-point shooting, no pull-up jumpers and a simple 2 hand chest pass.
these kids don't know what they're missing. nothing is more satisfying than a bounce pass with chuck taylors on. thumbs should be pointed out on release

Reactions: Willdog7

Carlyle is visiting this weekend. We'll probably here about his commitment soon after or during it. Chill.

Reactions: kkott
So…swing and a miss on Essegian then?
per one Neb site he did end up out in Lincoln last night. I'm betting he wants more pt that what IU has to offer him next year. The guy eventually became a frosh starter at WIsky and put up some pretty good scoring results, before getting hurt and dying on the bench last season. If I were him, I would be looking for 20+ min/game and I don't see that for him at IU next year. Just my opinion.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT