ADVERTISEMENT

Conference predictions out.

I looked at pu's roster and expected lineup at one point and saw two experienced, but manageable guards, and a front court without elite talent or scary athleticism. We've seen Loyer and Smith struggle against quickness or length. They won't have Edey to bail them out with free throws and pushing his man all the way to the bucket.

Purdue still has a lot of shooters, IU only a few! Purdue will be better prepared for BT play because of their non-conf schedule is one of the best again in the country! IU non-conf is ????, lets just say the National TV won't be lining up for those telecasts! IU does have an easy road in the B10 compared to Purdue! I really like Illinois and Michigan. their squad make-up is really good. IU's front court depth is a big question mark, that and the ability to make the 3!

Purdue lost its once in a generation giant. This is just like when Tiller left - - Purdue football was just going dominate forever regardless of the coach, right?

Seen this before.

Purdue had its shot w Edey. Damn near took it home. Alas...

Purdue lost its once in a generation giant. This is just like when Tiller left - - Purdue football was just going dominate forever regardless of the coach, right?

Seen this before.

Purdue had its shot w Edey. Damn near took it home. Alas...
Cracks me up that PU folks for 2-3 years would rail about the "just big" tag on Edey and now his retort is "we still have 7'2" and 7'4" guys". True, but they aren't Zack Edey!

Reactions: Tammany Hall
You got proven wrong again.
So they didn’t try to guard him one on one and both Edey and Izzo are lying? Sounds to me Izzo is saying playing straight up and doubling didn’t work and Edey is saying he was shocked when the double didn’t come. Straight from the article.

“We have people that want to double him and give up 3′s, and then we have people that want to not give up 3′s. We tried both of and neither one of them worked today. Give them credit.”

Edey, for his part, said he was surprised not to face more double teams against the Spartans.

“I was surprised it didn’t come earlier, honestly,” Edey said. “I was kind of expecting it every time I caught the ball. Usually when someone has success, they change stuff up. But Izzo, he’s very steadfast in his ways. He wants to play 1-on-1, he wants to kind of make you beat him with twos.”

I looked at pu's roster and expected lineup at one point and saw two experienced, but manageable guards, and a front court without elite talent or scary athleticism. We've seen Loyer and Smith struggle against quickness or length. They won't have Edey to bail them out with free throws and pushing his man all the way to the bucket.
Yet Painter will figure it out as always and Purdue will compete for the big ten title.

Cracks me up that PU folks for 2-3 years would rail about the "just big" tag on Edey and now his retort is "we still have 7'2" and 7'4" guys". True, but they aren't Zack Edey!
How do you know, they both are rated a lot higher than Zach was! Zach did not walk in and set the world on fire! Painter develops players, Woody buys his players! Who is going to play center next year for IU? Purdue stands to lose 1 player, IU 6 to 8 at minimum are gone. Purdue has 5 players who can play center, all should be back next year, IU is gone go shopping!

How do you know, they both are rated a lot higher than Zach was! Zach did not walk in and set the world on fire! Painter develops players, Woody buys his players! Who is going to play center next year for IU? Purdue stands to lose 1 player, IU 6 to 8 at minimum are gone. Purdue has 5 players who can play center, all should be back next year, IU is gone go shopping!
TJD stayed 2 years under Woody, for a reason...and is now poised to become a starter in the NBA.
JHS wasn't really on NBA GM radar, at least as a guy that would be considered a lottery pick, when he left HS.
Ware was a bench guy at Oregon, and now he's probably an actual favorite for ROY in the NBA, along with Shepherd.
Malik has expanded and improved his game every year he's been in Bloomington.
Mackenzie very obviously improved and expanded his game throughout the year last year.

Woodson's problems aren't recruiting or player development. Its, for some reason, not being able to coach consistency. Which, in my opinion is the single most important thing a successful coach should be able to do.

Last edited:
The regular season already meant way less with the unbalanced schedule... and then we added 4 teams. Hate it, because the conference title was everything when each team played the others twice, but at this point the conference tournament champion is the champion in my mind. Akin to class basketball in IN. Yuck.
I really don’t like what NCAA Football has regressed to. Way too many 40 point blowouts against cupcakes because of how the rating incentives are structured. Bball is structured better with cap of point margin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT