ADVERTISEMENT

Conference predictions out.

dbmhoosier

Hall of Famer
Nov 23, 2005
Seems accurate with Woody being our coach but probably a few spots too high. I think we finish 4-5. But easily the most talented roster.

I'd take top 3
And a good run in the tournament. ...
Woodson has the talent to win with this team..
Should be a good winter in Btown...

Personally I think we should be competitive for the conference. Doesn’t mean we win it, but we should be in the mix late in the season. Don’t want it to be early February and we have no chance.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Personally I think we should be competitive for the conference. Doesn’t mean we win it, but we should be in the mix late in the season. Don’t want it to be early February and we have no chance.
This is where I'm at. Within a game or two well in to February. AND with the team on an upward trajectory heading in to March.

Another factor though...what's the rest of the conference look like? If we finish 3rd, are a game or two out...that sounds nice...but what if that's 12-8, winners at 14-6. And we get a 5-6 seed? Not nearly as good...

In general though, top 2-3...Top 4 seed in NCAAs...Sweet 16 or better... And just an overall improvement in consistency. That'd be a season to give some optimism for a Woodson program going forward.

so they pick PU to win, but with only one 1st teamer and two at the bottom of the also-mentioned list?
They are placing a lot of Smith's shoulders this year.
Purdue is impossible to predict this year. Basically no way to know how they'll play without Edey.

Smith and Loyer have looked VERY average when good teams chose not to double Edey, and guard them more straight up. But in their defense, pretty much everything that Purdue ran the last couple years had the intention of getting Edey the ball on the block.

Smith will figure it out, I'm sure. Loyer, not so sure. And then guys like Colvin and Heide, who are essential to their success... relying on them to step up and become top of the conference starter level players...kinda like IU relying on guys like Bates and Gunn. Painter probably is more likely to make it happen for them. But they've got quite a lot of question marks.

so they pick PU to win, but with only one 1st teamer and two at the bottom of the also-mentioned list?
They are placing a lot of Smith's shoulders this year.
Yeah, I just don't see it for PU. I think they'll be good, but Smith, Loyer and TKR are all gonna find it tougher sledding as defenses can focus on them and not have to cheat in on Edey. I think Smith will score more, but have more TOs and lower shooting %. Greg from Sleepers predicted IU and PU would have a similar conference record but predicted IU to sweep PU and win by that margin (he also predicted we'd win the league by 3 games, so that doesn't quite jive, but clearly thinks we have the best roster). Personally, I'm really looking forward to our guards vs Smith and Loyer and on their posts trying to stop Ballo and Reanu. I like the sweep prediction.

I like for us to have expectations and we should be pushing to win the conference.

PS, I thought Bozich predicted us 4th a couple months ago?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT