ADVERTISEMENT

Competitors vs Cooperators

In the book by the other Micheal Lewis, he presents the idea there are two types of people, One group are the competitors, people who see life as a competition against everyone else. They like competition, they thrive in competition. They believe competition is what moves not just them forward, but society. There are winners and losers and it is better to be a winner. For the rest of the discussion, I will refer to them as Republicans.

The other group are the cooperators. This group wants to work together to be their best, to move society forward. This is the group that wants participation trophies, winning isn't as important as trying and doing one's best. We'll call them Democrats.

The concept isn't too new. An old sci-fi series Babylon 5 had groups called Shadows and Vorlons that were pretty much the same concept. And of course, it goes back much farther than that, I just wanted to get a plug-in for one of my favorite sci-fi shows.

The truth is, we need competition and we need cooperation. Both sides can point to human progress and say "this wouldn't have happened but for us" but the truth is, those events wouldn't have happened without both. Take the moon landing, the competition with Vlad's parents drove the US. At the same point, there were a lot of people toiling anonymously behind the scenes to make it work (Katherine Johnson never expected to become famous, or rich, for her efforts).

Below is a site that lists party identity for all sorts of jobs. For example, programmers and cooks skew D. Police and roofer skew R. So without Dems, Rs would be hungry without computers, and Ds would be victimized by lawlessness with rain pouring in.

no one more competitive than i, but pubs have a very different definition of "competitive" than i.

for "conservatives", lying and cheating on everything all the time, as much as they can get away with and then some, which they have done on everything my entire life, is just being smart, and now apparently falls under "being "competitive".

so "competitive" is now the woke term for liars and cheats. got it.

as i've said before on here, "conservative" is just the sanitized woke term for self absorbed and selfish.

we all went to school with those who now cling to labeling themselves as "conservative", and we all have worked with those same types in our jobs.

thing is, in school or at the workplace, we never referred to them as "conservatives".

never ever even once..

we always used the thousands times more every day commonly used descriptive term for them.

"conservatives" is just the sanitized woke term for these individuals, who my whole life have been referred to otherwise by those around them.

all that said, i suppose "conservatives" could debate if being selfish and self absorbed on everything all the time, which they obviously are and argue and fight 24/7 for their right to be so, actually defines them as selfish and self absorbed.

i'm sure they wouldn't define themselves as such, regardless that everyone else always has.

as with "competitive", i suppose it's just a difference in our definition of terms.

disclaimer, don't confuse the terms "conservative" and "liberal", as always being synonymous with Pub and Dem.

Last edited:
You know why dogs are better than us: they don't wonder that. They just love.

Tonight Show Dogs GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
162072409-10219049418330821-6911329344493168701-n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT