ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Imperialism Map

I didn't see Hawaii down there. We own all the islands, which somehow includes the Aleutians.
It was killing me trying to figure how the geographical mechanics...so I went and created a burner account. Per the thread:
"The geographic distance of the Aleutians West Census Area is closer to the University of Hawaii than Washington."
Farther down, when someone asked why so much of NE wasn't Husker territory, they say:
"It's based on the distance of the center of each county to the nearest FBS stadium."
Now it makes more sense!

After week 4.....
GYK6lg8XEAEYiZ5

IU has some nice tropical places … too bad the NU already lost that lakefront property in Evanston.

IU got HI as part of the Rose Bowl Victory Spoils.

LOL at Buffalo camped on South Bend.

Last edited:
Who played Alaska?

EDIT: Nevermind. TIL that part of Alaska is closer to Hawaii than Washington.

Last edited:
They didn't have any land when we beat them. They'd already lost it to NIU the week before. It's why Buffalo owned South Bend in week 4. NIU took it from ND, then Buffalo beat NIU.
Yeah, you have no land to gain unless you play and beat a team who has space on the map at the time you beat them. At this point, since we are in conference play, only the land that has B1G schools is even a possibility for us to obtain (in the reg season).

Based on this map, unless one of our other opponents steals a win vs Oregon, Michigan, Rutgers or Ohio State before we play them, the only opponents we play that we can gain land against is UM and OSU.

Oregon plays UM the week before us, however, Oregon plays Ohio State in 2 weeks so Oregon might not have any land when UM plays them. Ohio State also plays PSU so it realistically could be down to just OSU and UM with land anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT