ADVERTISEMENT

Cohen paid Stormy out of the goodness of his heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baw Haw Haw! You are precisely correct. Which is why agreements like this are so often absurd to begin with. As the payor, you are often relying merely on the payee's good faith, etc. Because, if that payee violates the NDA there is not a whole lot you can do about it. Sure, you could probably get your money back. But the cost to your reputation, livelihood, etc. will be far greater.

One wonders how many similar NDA's Stormy has entered into. I have a hunch that Trump's is not the first.
I'm surprised a tabloid newspaper/TV show hasn't offered to double the $130,000 for her to tell her story.

I'm surprised a tabloid newspaper/TV show hasn't offered to double the $130,000 for her to tell her story.
Hillary should have hired Stormy instead of Michael Steele, Russian attacks on America definitely don’t have the same impact. Steele was paid approximately the same amount as Stormy it just proves Hillary never understood the American voter (of course Hillary never released anything from the Steele dossier it only came to light after the election was over).

Shouldn’t Cohen have some mention of this $130k payment somewhere on his 2016 tax return? Either he had a $130k in cash already on him or there should be a corresponding withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
He should have issued a 1099 to her for the payment or filed a gift tax return (if it truly was a gift). But it wouldn't go on his personal income tax return (unless I'm overlooking something).

Shouldn’t Cohen have some mention of this $130k payment somewhere on his 2016 tax return? Either he had a $130k in cash already on him or there should be a corresponding withdrawal from a checking or savings account.
On the other hand, I don't think Cohen ever said that he paid her $130,000 out of his own pocket. Instead, he said "I used my own personal funds to facilitate a payment of $130,000 to Ms. Stephanie Clifford."
DV97T6qVAAAUEms.jpg:large

See also: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...hael-cohens-statement/?utm_term=.343dad8f4a93

Reactions: Bill4411
On the other hand, I don't think Cohen ever said that he paid her $130,000 out of his own pocket. Instead, he said "I used my own personal funds to facilitate a payment of $130,000 to Ms. Stephanie Clifford."
Yeah, there's some weasel language there. Fracking lawyers.

Yeah, there's some weasel language there. Fracking lawyers.
Keeping in mind that earlier reports were that the payment came from an LLC, I think Cohen paid the trivial amount needed to establish the LLC (used his own personal funds to facilitate payment) and that Trump personally funded the LLC with the money needed to pay Stormy.

Keeping in mind that earlier reports were that the payment came from an LLC, I think Cohen paid the trivial amount needed to establish the LLC (used his own personal funds to facilitate payment) and that Trump personally funded the LLC with the money needed to pay Stormy.
That would fit. There's also gonna be a paper trail of some sort. Just a question of whether or not the FEC will pursue it. (I doubt Mueller could get into this, BICBW.)

Trump still has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch JFK or Bubba in the womanizing department.

In other words, Trump won’t do a damn thing if she spills it. He’s not opening himself up to deposition or having a shell company (or whatever it was) looked into.

I would bet good money that Trump would refute that statement if asked.
My guess is that in select company (on the golf course, among friends at Mar a lago, etc), he probably HAS refuted that claim. Nothing about his person would lead me to believe that he wouldn't supremely enjoy bragging about being the president who has bedded the most women.

Trump still has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch JFK or Bubba in the womanizing department.
I don't think Donnie can be cast as a "womanizer" as that would imply charm, mutual desire, consent etc. He is more of a predator or sexual menace, and basically has to pay for sex or force his way, even into underage dressing rooms to get his thrills. No, he is definitely not a "womanizer" just a plain ole insecure pervert.

I don't think Donnie can be cast as a "womanizer" as that would imply charm, mutual desire, consent etc. He is more of a predator or sexual menace, and basically has to pay for sex or force his way, even into underage dressing rooms to get his thrills. No, he is definitely not a "womanizer" just a plain ole insecure pervert.

Yeah Bill never did any of that. It was all consensual.

Hillary should have hired Stormy instead of Michael Steele, Russian attacks on America definitely don’t have the same impact. Steele was paid approximately the same amount as Stormy it just proves Hillary never understood the American voter (of course Hillary never released anything from the Steele dossier it only came to light after the election was over).

I am eagerly waiting in anticipation for another 'blue dress' to appear in court of pubic opinion.

Just keep deflecting and moving the target. Rationalizing the behavior of the imbecile in the office is full time job for his low voltage base.

I'm not rationalizing his behavior at all and if the Dems can put forth a reasonable candidate in 2020, someone who won't destroy my healthcare or raise my taxes, I'll likely vote for them.

Also, if she did sign an NDA, and then violate it, what's Trump going to do? Sue her?
Baw Haw Haw! You are precisely correct. Which is why agreements like this are so often absurd to begin with. As the payor, you are often relying merely on the payee's good faith, etc. Because, if that payee violates the NDA there is not a whole lot you can do about it. Sure, you could probably get your money back. But the cost to your reputation, livelihood, etc. will be far greater.

One wonders how many similar NDA's Stormy has entered into. I have a hunch that Trump's is not the first.
I don’t care how many Stormy has entered, I am curious how many Trump has been involved in. My guess is at least double digits.

I'm not rationalizing his behavior at all and if the Dems can put forth a reasonable candidate in 2020, someone who won't destroy my healthcare or raise my taxes, I'll likely vote for them.
Then what was the purpose of your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT