ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cignetti calling out some players.

The interesting comment to me was when he said some of the players that IU fans "think" are players. Not sure which ones he was referring to there but he already has called out Donovan on one occasion. This was the first time I heard him say anything about Tayven.

He seems to like the OL room, the RB room so figure the call outs have to be maybe aimed at the WR room and possibly the QB room. He's been pretty silent more on the defensive side.

While I am glad CCC 2.0 is trying to push the players, repeatedly insulting the program that he took over isn't the best look.
I think he's been reasonably under control with that. Sure a few shots. He also has said some good things such as commenting on the quality of some of the coaches who were let go.

I thought today's presser was fair. Not many individual names except Tayven and he didn't knock his effort, just said he had a lot to learn. And on calling the old Indiana practice habits he did say he let the team know in no uncertain terms after practice.

So they had already heard his mind, no blindside.

The interesting comment to me was when he said some of the players that IU fans "think" are players. Not sure which ones he was referring to there but he already has called out Donovan on one occasion. This was the first time I heard him say anything about Tayven.

He seems to like the OL room, the RB room so figure the call outs have to be maybe aimed at the WR room and possibly the QB room. He's been pretty silent more on the defensive side.
Pretty sure he said he likes the WR room.

We'll see how they react. Some will react well to being called out, others won't. Some may see it as JMU guys getting treated differently.

If they don't react well, and improve their practice habits, they won't play.
Rember when he had the exiting coaches rank the players? I’m betting a lot that were low on those lists are still on the team. Doesn’t surprise me that some are t taking well to CCC’s standards

I would guess Cig is referring to IUFB’s general long history of losing (“Old Indiana”) than taking aI shot at CTA. This is just another reference to his theme of changing the culture away from how things have been for decades.
I agree it is more a shot at IUFB overall and not just under coach Allen. It is clear coach Cignetti is working hard to change the culture of IUFB and some here don't like it.

While I am glad CCC 2.0 is trying to push the players, repeatedly insulting the program that he took over isn't the best look.

We haven't won anything in how many years, so when a coach that knows what winning looks like in practice calls out bad practice habits we've had here, that would be a good thing I would think.

We haven't won anything in how many years, so when a coach that knows what winning looks like in practice calls out bad practice habits we've had here, that would be a good thing I would think.
I should have clarified when talking with the media.

And I have no issue with pushing the players and trying to get rid of bad habits. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I didn’t take his comment as a shot at the previous staff. I took it as a shot at the football program in general. It has been talked about exhaustively regarding IU’s lack of success historically with football and he was repeatedly asked what appealed to him in taking the job. So, when he says this isn’t the old Indiana I see it as him trying to push a new winning mindset and culture that hasn’t existed before. It’s not a shot. It’s just the truth.

What I find more interesting is that Allen’s former players have remarked about accountability and how they are held to a higher standard than under him. I see more comments directly about the previous staff from players than the coach. I admit that before the downturn I started to really like Allen and believed in him. I blindly trusted he was doing everything possible to develop and prepare his roster. To hear that they didn’t repeat plays until they got it right indicates to me it isn’t a surprise he failed. The “next play” mindset should be for games and scrimmages. Practice is where you get better and you only do that by repeatedly focusing on correcting errors until things are done correctly. Jmho

CCC is approaching this like Coach Prime in Colorado last year. This may not be a great year record wise, but give CCC another year or 2 to bring in the type of guys he needs and push out the players that wont cut it at this level recruited from the previous regime, the wins will hopefully start coming. It also may take him a year to install the correct practice habits in the players that had bad habits from the previous coaching staff! I got a feeling the depth of this current team may not be good, and it’ll be another struggling season. Im just glad there is a newer/better voice that’s leading the change!

CCC is approaching this like Coach Prime in Colorado last year. This may not be a great year record wise, but give CCC another year or 2 to bring in the type of guys he needs and push out the players that wont cut it at this level recruited from the previous regime, the wins will hopefully start coming. It also may take him a year to install the correct practice habits in the players that had bad habits from the previous coaching staff! I got a feeling the depth of this current team may not be good, and it’ll be another struggling season. Im just glad there is a newer/better voice that’s leading the change!
Why are you tempering expectations? Coach isn’t?

That’s a big part of changing the culture, you must believe and expect it will happen (of course the players and coaches must believe and put the work in).

Not meant to call you out, at all, and what you’re saying is logical. CCC wants to push through that logic.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Last edited:
Oh my, let me get you a violin. Did CCC say something false? If not, then who gives a crap? Maybe you are one of the people he is trying to get to understand the need of culture change. Or, lets just be soft??

Oh my, let me get you a violin. Did CCC say something false? If not, then who gives a crap? Maybe you are one of the people he is trying to get to understand the need of culture change. Or, lets just be soft??
Completely missed the point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT