ADVERTISEMENT

Cig's Halftime Interview

812jmac

Recruit
Jan 26, 2022
When Cig was asked what the Halftime message was going to be and he just chuckled, smirked, and started walking to the locker room.

Given he sounded pretty pi$$ed about the last 7 minutes, I get the feeling its gonna be a tirade that would make RMK smile...

When Cig was asked what the Halftime message was going to be and he just chuckled, smirked, and started walking to the locker room.

Given he sounded pretty pi$$ed about the last 7 minutes, I get the feeling its gonna be a tirade that would make RMK smile...
He just told he interviewer the problems and then they guy asks what his halftime talk would be. Geez

I listened to Fischer and Suhr. They cried and moaned the entire fourth quarter every time the clock stopped. They clearly just wanted to go home. Maybe they should try some coffee at halftime…. or maybe whiskey.

It’s refreshing having a coach who knows what the hell he’s doing on the sidelines.

We’ve got a good one here who could literally take IU football to places that we’ve never been.

The energy in the stadium yesterday was fantastic, IMO.

CCC did mention the fans leaving at halftime. He was not happy with that.
GoHoosiers
I think he now realizes that coming to IU is akin to teaching a group of pygmies in a remote Amazonian rainforest how to operate a cellphone. For many of these people, they aren’t sure how a football “event” operates. It’s a new adventure for him. Every other place he’s been understands and supports football. It’s a new challenge teaching the sport to a collection of Neanderthals. I’m sure that was part of the appeal: bringing an appreciation for the sport to sections of the country that don’t know about this game.

I think he now realizes that coming to IU is akin to teaching a group of pygmies in a remote Amazonian rainforest how to operate a cellphone. For many of these people, they aren’t sure how a football “event” operates. It’s a new adventure for him. Every other place he’s been understands and supports football. It’s a new challenge teaching the sport to a collection of Neanderthals. I’m sure that was part of the appeal: bringing an appreciation for the sport to sections of the country that don’t know about this game.
These attempts at clever insults aren’t very good.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It’s refreshing having a coach who knows what the hell he’s doing on the sidelines.

We’ve got a good one here who could literally take IU football to places that we’ve never been.

The energy in the stadium yesterday was fantastic, IMO.
Energy in the stadium, except for the student departure as usual.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
Reality hurts.
Football for Neanderthals 101.
New mandatory coursework at IU.
Still not clever.

I don’t think we have good fan support at all, but this is what happens when the athletic dept doesn’t care much about FB for many decades and we are about the worst D1 program ever. With that history, we aren’t going to magically have an engaged fanbase.

Last edited:
Still not clever.

I don’t think we have good fan support at all, but this is what happens when the athletic dept doesn’t care much about FB for many decades and we are about the worst D1 program ever. With that history, we aren’t going to magically have an engaged fanbase.
I do agree…but time to ante up. Every media deal, realignment and dollar flow has to do with college football. Bring a so-called basketball school is an extreme disadvantage in today’s environment. Too bad they didn’t see this sooner. But, you want to be in a P4, it’s all the chips on the table at this point. You can practically put basketball on cruise control at most places these days with any level of competent coaching.

I do agree…but time to ante up. Every media deal, realignment and dollar flow has to do with college football. Bring a so-called basketball school is an extreme disadvantage in today’s environment. Too bad they didn’t see this sooner. But, you want to be in a P4, it’s all the chips on the table at this point. You can practically put basketball on cruise control at most places these days with any level of competent coaching.
Yeah, football is vital and the most important thing for the athletic dept to build up. Brings the most revenue and we need to be decent for leverage to get our share of the next TV deal.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
We are not the only ones.

Reactions: vesuvius13

he smirked b/c he just explained to the reporter all the problems. i thought it was more of a "do better" smirk to the reporter.

a coach isn't going to share his rage towards his team w some goofball sideline reporter. the team isn't going to respect that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT