ADVERTISEMENT

Cig interview today.

He says Cherry has to improve his arm strength...

When does that happen to a noticeable degree? Do we see freshman get speed on the ball just because they get older and stronger? I don't recall that.

That is something I thought watching his high school film. Mid arm, not bad at all, just not a gun.

When does that happen to a noticeable degree? Do we see freshman get speed on the ball just because they get older and stronger? I don't recall that.

That is something I thought watching his high school film. Mid arm, not bad at all, just not a gun.
Weight training and more maturing will give him a much better arm.

I believe he said Donovan needs to take things up a notch 😁
I thought he looked pleased looking around the room after that... I was thinking maybe he saw surprised faces, praising four guys at the position and the knock was McCulley needing to step up.
Said Cooper made nice plays but needed consistency. Glad to hear he likes that group!
He liked the running backs.
Called Rourke 'high level' or at least that he started finally looking like it the last two practices. Sweet.
Previous presser said O-line was thin due to injuries I guess but also seems happy so far with them.
Praised Kamara.

Most youngsters are lacking in core strength..... to go along with your point of weight training.
I'm thinking of several players that had live, strong arms coming in. Penix could flip the ball 20 yards on a rope without stepping into it.. I saw several Curtis Painter games as a high school player. He didn't need a weight program to throw ropes and get balls into places most would have picked off.

I'm sure players with coaching and training can improve over several years. But, it would be preferred to come in with a rocket for an arm.

Deadly accuracy. Strong enough, but plenty of room for growth.

Deadly accuracy. Strong enough, but plenty of room for growth.
Awesome.

And I have seen some guys arms get a little bit stronger. And freshman get better over time at knowing when and when not to take the time to put that extra on it.
I thought Peyton Ramsey's arm was a lollipop when he arrived, but I could see he could play so it didn't bother me. Later his arm had just slightly more zip and overall he looked like the weight room had helped him. That small gain moved his arm up to mid level.

Most don't have an arm like Penix. :)

Awesome.

And I have seen some guys arms get a little bit stronger. And freshman get better over time at knowing when and when not to take the time to put that extra on it.
I thought Peyton Ramsey's arm was a lollipop when he arrived, but I could see he could play so it didn't bother me. Later his arm had just slightly more zip and overall he looked like the weight room had helped him. That small gain moved his arm up to mid level.

Most don't have an arm like Penix. :)
Peyton Manning wasn’t known for having the strongest arm at Tennessee, but he had accuracy. His arm got stronger as a Colt and that diminished at the end of his career, but he still won his second Super Bowl with Denver despite his weaker arm. Ryan Leaf was the big armed QB in that draft and he was a bust. Today’s straightened out version of Leaf said he basically became a bust after his third game. Here’s a great article about Manning and Leaf:

Peyton Manning wasn’t known for having the strongest arm at Tennessee, but he had accuracy. His arm got stronger as a Colt and that diminished at the end of his career, but he still won his second Super Bowl with Denver despite his weaker arm. Ryan Leaf was the big armed QB in that draft and he was a bust. Today’s straightened out version of Leaf said he basically became a bust after his third game. Here’s a great article about Manning and Leaf:

Behind a pay wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT