ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Reynolds

jakincade

Newcomer
Feb 13, 2006
Out with the old, in with the new. A new AD could do wonders at this point. Send both Crean and Glass packing, start fresh with a class guy in Dr. Chris Reynolds as AD, and start off with a bold hire in Holtmann as men's basketball coach. Everything else will fall into place.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Out with the old, in with the new. A new AD could do wonders at this point. Send both Crean and Glass packing, start fresh with a class guy in Dr. Chris Reynolds as AD, and start off with a bold hire in Holtmann as men's basketball coach. Everything else will fall into place.
Thank God you're not in charge.....

Reactions: stollcpa
i don't like glass and I think it would be good for the university for him to bounce but it ain't happening

I got an idea . . . IU doesn't need an AD. All IU needs to do is to listen to this forum and hire a paper shuffler to keep things moving.

Nothing EVER just "falls into place."

One of these days, there's gonna be a presidential election where everybody thinks everything is just going to "fall into place" and, oh, never mind.

Reactions: Statey
Glass needs to focus on hiring winning coaches rather than walk around and shake hands at the football games.

Glass needs to focus on hiring winning coaches rather than walk around and shake hands at the football games.
I have never seen FG "walk around and shake hands at the football games." At best, I have seen him at some of the pregame functions of the Alumni Association or in Henke Hall. Specifically, what are you talking about, or was this just a metaphor?

I got an idea . . . IU doesn't need an AD. All IU needs to do is to listen to this forum and hire a paper shuffler to keep things moving.

Right. Sorry. I went a little too deep into the wishing well. Your straw man gave me a chuckle.

Last edited:
Nothing EVER just "falls into place."

One of these days, there's gonna be a presidential election where everybody thinks everything is just going to "fall into place" and, oh, never mind.

Lol. Lighten up. Poor choice of words on my part. :rolleyes:

Glass isn't going anywhere
The people on this board constantly squawking about firing Fred Glass know nothing and care nothing about Indiana University beyond men's basketball. If Glass fires Tom Crean after the season, they will want him promoted to University President. The "fire Glass" campaign here is juvenile and moronic.

The people on this board constantly squawking about firing Fred Glass know nothing and care nothing about Indiana University beyond men's basketball. If Glass fires Tom Crean after the season, they will want him promoted to University President. The "fire Glass" campaign here is juvenile and moronic.

I don't like Fred, from what I know of him, something about him rubs me the wrong way.

That being said he has "accomplished" a lot. I do know there are alumni who don't like him, far more prominent than me, which doesn't take much.

Ultimately when you are the AD at IU the men's basketball teams performance is a huge part of your evaluation, he's got a chance to win over a lot of folks or lose a lot of folks in the next two months

Chris Reynolds would be a grand slam as IU AD. I hated to see him leave IU, but understood the move.

I don't like Fred, from what I know of him, something about him rubs me the wrong way.

"Mr. Glass, while we appreciate and value all your incredible service to the entire athletic department of IU, the fact of the matter is an anonymous poster on a fan site does not like you, and you rub him the wrong way. Unfortunately, for these reasons, we are going to have to let you go. Here's a copier paper box. Have your office cleared out today by 3:00."

Reactions: Hoosier in Tokyo
I have never seen FG "walk around and shake hands at the football games." At best, I have seen him at some of the pregame functions of the Alumni Association or in Henke Hall. Specifically, what are you talking about, or was this just a metaphor?
Early in his tenure he did exactly that in the West stands. He was in full schmooze mode early on, trying to drum up enthusiasm for the football program.

IMO, Glass has done two things wrong -- put that damn flagpole in where it interferes with the view of the video board, and give Crean that outlandish extension. The latter should be rectified at the end of this season. What happens with the flagpole remains to be seen.

Chris Reynolds would be a grand slam as IU AD. I hated to see him leave IU, but understood the move.
This line of thinking really baffles me. Chris Reynolds has by all accounts done an outstanding job wherever he has been, but why the assumption that he would automatically be superior to our current AD ?

He has been a head athletic director for less than two years, at a school that has only half of the sports offered at IU. Only 5 of those sports are significant enough to charge admission. And none of those sports is football - the one that matters most in terms of revenue.

This is a bit like saying the mayor of Vincennes would be the ideal candidate to replace Bill de Blasio. He might be great, but how the hell would anyone think that statement could be made with such certainty ?

Care to explain why firing Fred Glass is juvenile and moronic? (For the record I am apathetic towards him and am not on the fire glass campaign, but would join it if he keeps Crean after this year)

Care to explain why firing Fred Glass is juvenile and moronic? (For the record I am apathetic towards him and am not on the fire glass campaign, but would join it if he keeps Crean after this year)
Because the sum of the good Fred Glass has done for athletics at IU far outweighs the bad. In hindsight, giving Tom Crean that extension was a terrible decision but the balance of the scale in every other regard says that FG has been very good for IU. The facilities, financial health of the athletic department, and the competitive level of the other sports at IU have improved steadily under Glass' watch and continue to trend upward.

Many on this board see Indiana University athletics as consisting of nothing more than men's basketball. Their view of IU (and for some their entire relationship with the university) includes nothing beyond the court at Assembly Hall.

Reactions: IUXC68
I have, because he shook my hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT