ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack Suspended for 6 Games

in fairness this is a significant step down from providing prostitutes for recruits.... LOL... I still think it's funny that the pristine academic institutions of the ACC (at least in their own minds) like Duke, Wake, UNC, etc... allowed this cesspool to join their conference.

in fairness this is a significant step down from providing prostitutes for recruits.... LOL... I still think it's funny that the pristine academic institutions of the ACC (at least in their own minds) like Duke, Wake, UNC, etc... allowed this cesspool to join their conference.
I used to believe that too. When UNC offered grades without school and then covered and ran I lost all respect. They are not any better than UL, which is why the selected UL. UL fits right in. Just one guy's opinion. Go Hoosiers!

I used to believe that too. When UNC offered grades without school and then covered and ran I lost all respect. They are not any better than UL, which is why the selected UL. UL fits right in. Just one guy's opinion. Go Hoosiers!
yes.... my post was definitely tongue firmly in cheek... UNC is also a cesspool... as is Clemson and probably a lot of others.

an entire article on the subject, without any mention of what he actually did.

and i wonder how many of the comments here were made, without any knowledge of what he did.

that said, whatever he did, i'm absolutely appealed, as it's a total disgrace beyond belief, whatever it was.
He was told to have a witness in the room when he canned them. He didn't and then Gaudio tried to extort him for a year and a half of salary to keep him from going public about all the violations he witnessed and was part of. Then it turned into an even bigger shit show from there. It's been a thing for awhile to anyone following along. Google is your friend if you're truly curious and unaware

an entire article on the subject, without any mention of what he actually did.

and i wonder how many of the comments here were made, without any knowledge of what he did.

that said, whatever he did, i'm absolutely appealed, as it's a total disgrace beyond belief, whatever it was.
It is a poorly-worded press release from the institution:

"The University concluded that while Mack was a victim of an extortion attempt by former assistant coach Dino Gaudio, Mack failed to follow University guidelines, policies, and procedures in handling the matter. The sanctions imposed upon Coach Mack are unrelated to the extortion attempt itself and the ongoing NCAA process".

Failed to follow guidelines related to the extorion attempt but unrelated. Huh?

How many were saying we should have had him rather than Archie? At least Archie didn't get in trouble with the NCAA. He just got in trouble with winning.
I’ll admit, I was all in on Archie. I thought we finally struck gold and we would have our next 29-year coach. I was even with him most of the way through last season. There were metrics that said we were slowly but surely improving as a program and eventually the Ws would fall into line. Then the last 6 games happened and I finally conceded.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
It is a poorly-worded press release from the institution:

"The University concluded that while Mack was a victim of an extortion attempt by former assistant coach Dino Gaudio, Mack failed to follow University guidelines, policies, and procedures in handling the matter. The sanctions imposed upon Coach Mack are unrelated to the extortion attempt itself and the ongoing NCAA process".

Failed to follow guidelines related to the extorion attempt but unrelated. Huh?
Smh...again...comprehension goes a long way. Work on it

Quick off topic ---
Hey Mobile - I have a question for you if you are still around Mobile. Any idea how to PM on this site? I don't see an option.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Smh...again...comprehension goes a long way. Work on it
Amusing coming from one so dense as to have their own event horizon.

PR makes it sound like Mack was a victim rather than responsible for creating the situation. Who wants to play for a Coach that blames Players and threatens to yank scholarships for his own failings, or pretend friendship to someone he's recording that helped him commit recruiting violations? Sounds like a real class act.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Amusing coming from one so dense as to have their own event horizon.

PR makes it sound like Mack was a victim rather than responsible for creating the situation. Who wants to play for a Coach that blames Players and threatens to yank scholarships for his own failings, or pretend friendship to someone he's recording that helped him commit recruiting violations? Sounds like a real class act.

The PR was just poorly written and counterdicted itself. Other things I have read indicate his transgressions were absolutely related to the criminal activity but from a management failure standpoint rather than perp standpoint.

The PR was just poorly written and counterdicted itself. Other things I have read indicate his transgressions were absolutely related to the criminal activity but from a management failure standpoint rather than perp standpoint.
So his defense is that he's incompetent (as opposed to corrupt). What a relief.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Shoot me an email if you don't mind. Joe.bo.droid@gmail.com please. I've a quick question if you know anything about the Bayou La Batre area.
The rest of ya, please don't spam me.
Joe will do. Currently flying people out for Ida. Looks like a shitty storm. I do know a bit about the bayou, one of my sons worked shrimp for a bit. Check in later. Mobile

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Does anyone think the six game suspension will have any effect on Kaleb Glenn recruiting?

To each their own. I’d take their #1 ranking and good basketball to watch.
No surprise there - your oft-expressed and slavering affection for 'whatever works' indicates you'd pimp out your mother if you thought it'd make for more wins.

This is just blind arrogance.
Sounds like an analysis/synopsis of nearly all your posts, though 'ignorance' is nearer the mark.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT