ADVERTISEMENT

Check out the "we want to play" twitter response...could get interesting

that’s what I saw on Twitter. Word is there was no actual vote. My guess is expected everyone else to jump on board and it didn’t happen.

As of 1:10, BT spokesman says "No vote has been taken", re: cancelling the season.

Whop has tweeted "we want to play".......not sure about other iu players.....

Also, Jim Hairball has tweed out his support, with some facts about the testing they've done........

Edit....CTA's waffling......maybe the smart thing to do.......is that the stance of a leader?

Last edited:
Reactions: BayernFan
There was no FORMAL vote. Everything was informal at this time just to see where everyone stood. The players want to play. Even Brad Feeney wants to play.

Frost at Nebraska wants to play even if BT doesn't.....Neb making up its own schedule....probably not possible, but there it is......

Harbaugh, Day, Franklin all saying they want to play.

Reactions: iuhoosierstildeath
Of course they want to play. And they want to party. And go on Spring Break. And hit the bars. And do everything a college athlete or a normal college kid wants to do. But these are not normal times and no one gets to ignore that fact. No matter how much they want to.

Of course they want to play. And they want to party. And go on Spring Break. And hit the bars. And do everything a college athlete or a normal college kid wants to do. But these are not normal times and no one gets to ignore that fact. No matter how much they want to.
Along those lines, I want to hear how the presidents will justify bringing 35-40,000 students to their respective campuses “to do everything a normal college kid wants to do” , yet playing football is more dangerous.

Along those lines, I want to hear how the presidents will justify bringing 35-40,000 students to their respective campuses “to do everything a normal college kid wants to do” , yet playing football is more dangerous.
I think that's wrong-headed as well.

Allowing students to return to campus and go to classes

not allowing a football team that has been testing and has no positive cases play another team with 0 positive cases

maybe I don’t understand the transmission part but this doesn’t seem to add up.

not allowing a football team that has been testing and has no positive cases play another team with 0 positive cases

So... Herbstreit has now tweeted that the Big Ten is going to “delay” not cancel the football season. Don’t know if delay means a month or next spring.

I had read that WVU had 28 positive cases before they had come together for team workouts. Since then they have had 0.

Give the players a chance to prove that they can make this work. #LetThemPlay

So... Herbstreit has now tweeted that the Big Ten is going to “delay” not cancel the football season. Don’t know if delay means a month or next spring.

They are going to delay until SEC makes there formal announcement that they are playing. Then they will play too.

Frost wants to play a 6 game schedule home and away with IU, Rutgers, and Maryland; because those black shirts are the shit. (tic)
Frosty is pretty full of himself. I will never get over the fact that he tried to bully the Big Ten office into giving him a favorable schedule when he had 1 year of experience coaching in this league-and a losing season at that. He thought he had so much pull.

Reactions: 76-1
The President’s are shook for sure. I think they thought that they would have support if the other conference’s, fans and coaches. I don’t think they thought they were going to receive the backlash they have from players, fans and donors. I think this is the main reason for the back peddling. We might not play but it’s not going to be without a fight from the players and some of the coaches.

The President’s are shook for sure. I think they thought that they would have support if the other conference’s, fans and coaches. I don’t think they thought they were going to receive the backlash they have from players, fans and donors. I think this is the main reason for the back peddling. We might not play but it’s not going to be without a fight from the players and some of the coaches.
Almost as much backlash as the impressively stupid Leaders and Legends division names.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT