ADVERTISEMENT

Cedarius Doss commits

Hard to find much info about the guy. 2019 recruit, no stars, transferred didn't play a year or two. 2022 started having some numbers, sounds like he was playing well. Didn't grow a lot, still listed as 5-8,5-9 and a few pounds over high school weight.
One those 'based on production' pickups by the staff, so I assume he had a big 2023. The daily hoosier website says "the highest-graded corner in FCS" , hoosier huddle mentioned pff also .

I trust the staff and their football eyes. Says two years eligibility still, which is very nice. One of the covid years guys I guess.

Awesome. Welcome to Indiana Cedarius!

Edit: The 247 write up is very cool. Doss mentions he has connections with some IU players and hearing stuff. Says he watched JMU film to see how they play. I love that feedback from current guys helped get him. Writeup says he's a good student. Sweet get!

More edit: Damn, video... I know it's highlights... But the man is fast and hits like a truck! I'm not worried about size anymore. If not corner put him in at safety, somewhere.

Last edited:
247_Doss_to_Indiana (srry linking outside but stealing the quote)

Doss chose IU over offers from Eastern Michigan, UNLV, UTEP, and Western Kentucky. He has one season eligibility remaining. The Hoosiers are recruiting him to play the nickel spot in their defense.
Which I like because the only guy I could think of watching Doss highlights, was Brian Branch (as a Detroit fan, he's awesome) .

One season, bummer a little, a different link said two left, I assumed covid year plus redshirt. Oh well.

Last edited:
The only way for this to excite me is that he’s only got 1 yr of eligibility left.

While I believe that G5 schools are full of kids that P5 missed on and can compete at the highest level, I’m certain the pool at the FCS level is significantly smaller.

Obviously there are special cases, but I’d expect the special cases to have a better offer list than that.

If CCC thinks he can use him to help the team this year, awesome. But I’m not going to get worked up about it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yeah, very true. But I find it hard to believe that the cupboard of defensive backs in the portal (or coming out of HS) was so bare for us, that the staff picked this guy to fill a roster spot. I think he'll play. 'Production finds a way to get on the field' to paraphrase Coach Cig.

But you are probably right, and the coaches only took him knowing they are only investing one season. While recruits get older and stronger.

Hard to find much info about the guy. 2019 recruit, no stars, transferred didn't play a year or two. 2022 started having some numbers, sounds like he was playing well. Didn't grow a lot, still listed as 5-8,5-9 and a few pounds over high school weight.
One those 'based on production' pickups by the staff, so I assume he had a big 2023. The daily hoosier website says "the highest-graded corner in FCS" , hoosier huddle mentioned pff also .

I trust the staff and their football eyes. Says two years eligibility still, which is very nice. One of the covid years guys I guess.

Awesome. Welcome to Indiana Cedarius!

Edit: The 247 write up is very cool. Doss mentions he has connections with some IU players and hearing stuff. Says he watched JMU film to see how they play. I love that feedback from current guys helped get him. Writeup says he's a good student. Sweet get!

More edit: Damn, video... I know it's highlights... But the man is fast and hits like a truck! I'm not worried about size anymore. If not corner put him in at safety, somewhere.
If there’s any shred of truth in this, he’ll become a regular folk hero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT