ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree

Baller23Boogie

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
Our G-5 all-star team is pretty damn good and can play with just about anyone in the league?

We're gonna go to a bowl game and have a shot at 9, maybe 10 wins.

Nobody thought we were gonna look as good as we do. If they would have said we win 6 and go to a bowl at the beginning of the year, there isn't a person on this board that wouldn't have taken that.

Lets enjoy this season. It's turning out to be a good one.

They better have that Brinks truck ready at the end of the year to keep this staff.
People should probably try to enjoy this staff while it’s all here, which may not be much longer.

Especially Shanahan. I think Cig can probably hold on to just about everybody else (hopefully including Sunseri), but I expect some elite programs to strongly pursue Shanahan in the upcoming offsason (Oklahoma comes to mind, given how Seth Littrell’s offense has played there this season).

At this point, anything less than 9 W’s feels like a disappointment to some degree.
It's difficult to hear that. I remember IU sitting at 7-1 in 93 with that stellar defensive team, but with #1 PSU and OSU still on the schedule and I was just hoping they could win 8 games.

The rarity of 5 Big Ten wins is to the point where 3 more would put IU at 8 overall, and that would be incredible, from a historical standpoint. Win 2 more but then win a bowl game, and that would be incredible too.

People should probably try to enjoy this staff while it’s all here, which may not be much longer.

Especially Shanahan. I think Cig can probably hold on to just about everybody else (hopefully including Sunseri), but I expect some elite programs to strongly pursue Shanahan in the upcoming offsason (Oklahoma comes to mind, given how Seth Littrell’s offense has played there this season).
If he leaves it will be to be a HC

I know CC has said this is his last stop but but when the big dogs come calling with an open checkbook it will be hard to turn down.
No way IU gets in bidding war,I assume if he lets after one year the buy out would be pretty significant.
Not to mention the players he would take with him.
Lets just enjoy this,this is uncharted territory for IU football.

Eff Oklahoma. This is Indiana.

If he leaves it will be to be a HC
Depends on the schools involved. Some OC spots at elite programs would likely pay as much or more than some lower-tier HC gigs, but either way I’d be pleasantly surprised if Shanahan were still on staff next spring. And Sunseri appears to be in line for a promotion.

I believe IU will match any offer to keep this staff. This is a directional shift taking place and you gotta pay for that. Anything less than keeping this all in place for the next 4 years, will be a mistake, a huge one for IU football.

Honestly, I see CCC getting his assistants some nice raises, but if he is fairly compensated, he will just focus on the job here.

I believe IU will match any offer to keep this staff. This is a directional shift taking place and you gotta pay for that. Anything less than keeping this all in place for the next 4 years, will be a mistake, a huge one for IU football.

Honestly, I see CCC getting his assistants some nice raises, but if he is fairly compensated, he will just focus on the job here.
I like to think Cig and staff will be here for the next 8 years. We just don’t know it, yet. In the meantime, Be Here Now.

A team that wins by 14 (could have been more) with 2 lost fumbles and 2 picks is pretty damned poised. As choppy as Rourke was, he put the ball on the money in 3rd down situations when we needed them.
The defense bailed Rourke out on those two interceptions and it was good to see.

Maryland is not a bad team. They have talent, particularly skill position talent. Indiana's dline dominated their oline.

That's exactly what my Ouja board says....

Seriously though,.... I totally agree. I think IU will do whatever it takes to keep him here and be successful.

Cig did an interview last week where he was asked I believe what he thought about Coach Shan running the offense and Cig joked that it was his offense. I think he partly did that because he knows Shan is gonna be highly sought after this off-season.

The defense bailed Rourke out on those two interceptions and it was good to see.

Maryland is not a bad team. They have talent, particularly skill position talent. Indiana's dline dominated their oline.
They are likely a bowl team. They play Northwestern, Minnesota, Rutgers, Iowa and USC at home is vulnerable. USC is coming back to earth a bit

Reactions: vesuvius13
IU is 13# in the nation in athletic revenue. We aren’t hurting for money to throw out when needed.
It’s actually #25-30, the year we were 13th was due to a one-time payment from the IU Foundation to cover covid losses.

That said, we definitely have $ to continue aggressively investing in football.

48-52k at every home game will have ticket prices on a steady annual rise. The Brinks will be plentiful for keeping staff. 5-7 deep pocket donors and Cignetti can light cigars with 1000 $ k-boys. It's just business and Dolson is good at it.

48-52k at every home game will have ticket prices on a steady annual rise. The Brinks will be plentiful for keeping staff. 5-7 deep pocket donors and Cignetti can light cigars with 1000 $ k-boys. It's just business and Dolson is good at it.
Yea, good football will lead to quite a bit more revenue. Cig is going to pay for himself this year.

If “the right” offer comes along for Shanahan I doubt if it will matter whether IU can match it or not. I think in that scenario it will be more a question of opportunity than money.

I first brought up Kalen DeBoer as a possible OC for IU 7 years ago when he was Tedford’s OC at Fresno, and I was really happy when he was hired, but I also worried from day one that he wouldn’t be in Bloomington long if he succeeded in turning IU’s offense around.

I’m not nearly as concerned about the possibility of losing Shan because, knowing Cig, Sunseri is more than ready to take over OC duties and Cig knows plenty of potential candidates to take over as WRs coach.

If the powers that be let CCC leave without throwing bank at him, it’ll be the final fatal straw for this program. We’ve always criticized the university’s commitment to football and now with all the momentum and B1G money, there’s no way that should ever happen.

I was very proud of the fans and particularly the students today. To me, lack of fan support will be the biggest reason CCC would consider a bolt. Today’s support in the wind and rain was awesome.

Reactions: td75 and vesuvius13
If the winning continues (which I think it will) and CCC is able to establish IU as a football power, he will assure himself of becoming legendary and probably HOF worthy... Think about it, turning around a football program with such a poor history like IU's will be recognized as monumental.... Sure, he could go to an established power and have success, like so many other coaches, but his legacy won't be viewed in the same light as it will be if he does an about-face with IU and keeps it that way for 5+-10 years.

I believe he realizes that too, and to him he'd love to be seen in the same way as his dad.... being named to the HOF... That's why I think he'd prefer to stay at IU.... Like he said, he wants this to be his last stop.

Our G-5 all-star team is pretty damn good and can play with just about anyone in the league?

We're gonna go to a bowl game and have a shot at 9, maybe 10 wins.

Nobody thought we were gonna look as good as we do. If they would have said we win 6 and go to a bowl at the beginning of the year, there isn't a person on this board that wouldn't have taken that.

Lets enjoy this season. It's turning out to be a good one.
I am not sure that everyone here will even agree that today’s game was played in Bloomington

1 agree with the points you just articulated.

If the winning continues (which I think it will) and CCC is able to establish IU as a football power, he will assure himself of becoming legendary and probably HOF worthy... Think about it, turning around a football program with such a poor history like IU's will be recognized as monumental.... Sure, he could go to an established power and have success, like so many other coaches, but his legacy won't be viewed in the same light as it will be if he does an about-face with IU and keeps it that way for 5+-10 years.

I believe he realizes that too, and to him he'd love to be seen in the same way as his dad.... being named to the HOF... That's why I think he'd prefer to stay at IU.... Like he said, he wants this to be his last stop.
Well said, totally agree.

Of the programs likely to open up (to date, Florida and Baylor) I think they’d prefer a younger guy, and I’d be surprised if moving across country again a year after moving from Virginia to Indiana would appeal much to either Mr OR Mrs Cignetti.

I guess if I squint hard enough I can see some sentimental appeal to Cig if either Pitt or West Virginia opens up, but I haven’t heard anything about either of their coaches being in trouble recently.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT