ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t get them to campus?

Why aren't some of the returning players reaching out to some of these portal guys?
1) maybe they are but not telling us 2) it’s the coaches job to recruit 3) wait to see who has interest in us and then ask players if they know this or that player

Again, maybe some are reaching out to our players on social media thru mutual friends who knows? Let the wheels turn and see what happens

Regarding portal guys, serious question. Why would any kid with more than a year of eligibility left transfer to IU? A coach that more than likely is gone after next season. A team that at this point, won't be an NCAA Tournament team. Other than the cash, why come to Indiana?

1) maybe they are but not telling us 2) it’s the coaches job to recruit 3) wait to see who has interest in us and then ask players if they know this or that player

Again, maybe some are reaching out to our players on social media thru mutual friends who knows? Let the wheels turn and see what happens
I posed that question because the portal has redefined recruiting. I think existing college players have a network...knowledge of other players...connections that don't apply to high school recruits. Conventional wisdom would suggest that the current players on the roster should be plugged in to the portal activity even though the coach is. IOW...they know who they would like to play with next year on their team. Right away. That makes them valuable as recruiters.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Woodson and the administration were delusional in thinking a competitive team could be built through the transfer portal. Players actually have to want to come here and there is nothing appealing about playing at IU other than a slightly bigger payday potentially.
Good grief. Nothing appealing?

Facilities, fans, history, campus, Big Ten conference.... there are plenty of reasons to come to Indiana.

He is focused on UConn, NC State, Pitt, or back to UL.

Maybe the problem is we just have too much information to begin with. Granted, this is the last time I will remain patient with Woodson in the off-season, but there are about 15 kids on IU's list, if not more. Maybe we just need to give it a few weeks and see I they catch any fish.

"The Emperor with no clothes"? Is that our deal? A head coach that is "above it all"? I don't know if this is an issue....but, Woodson has not paid enough dues to have the reverence and respect of a top tier coach....or even a cut below for that matter. The gravitas is shallow.....and its beginning to show some cracks. He should have been shown the door this season....complete with a ticker tape congratulatory send off...much thanks for "getting us through a rough spot". But the future is not bright for Indiana Basketball...unless you are IU's accountant.

He is focused on UConn, NC State, Pitt, or back to UL.

Maybe the problem is we just have too much information to begin with. Granted, this is the last time I will remain patient with Woodson in the off-season, but there are about 15 kids on IU's list, if not more. Maybe we just need to give it a few weeks and see I they catch any fish.
I wouldn’t be worried if we were looking for 1-2 guys but we are looking for 5-6 guys

Reactions: edub72
Regarding portal guys, serious question. Why would any kid with more than a year of eligibility left transfer to IU? A coach that more than likely is gone after next season. A team that at this point, won't be an NCAA Tournament team. Other than the cash, why come to Indiana?
You got crystal ball

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It’s all about the Benjamins!

The answer; Bloomington.

So, money, a chance at the NBA and a great campus. I’m guessing there are quite a few kids that will be lured by those three things.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
How do you know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT