ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Love

This pendulum swing transfer portal crap will be the beginning of the end. I'm not averse to more equity but we'll soon start seeing the same dozen teams as it basically becomes a bunch of all star teams every year.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Caleb is a good student. He's very close to attaining the 120 credit hours needed to graduate. Michigan admissions will only accept 60 credit hours.

But you guys go ahead and trash him on a public messageboard.
Michigan shot themselves in the crotch again.

Reactions: Gage Fu
Caleb is a good student. He's very close to attaining the 120 credit hours needed to graduate. Michigan admissions will only accept 60 credit hours.

Which post do you think is trashing him?

He probably had too many of those fake UNC credits. Lol
This is Michigan. They only would transfer 60 credits. They did it to Shannon last year. I gather if you want a diploma that says Michigan on it they want you to take Michigan classes. I’d say if Love would’ve graduated he would be at UM as a graduate transfer.

Reactions: ulrey

Interesting.

Link?

Love would have been a good fit before Woody signed Ware and Mgbako and X was granted another season; back when it was unclear where the offense would come from. Love is very talented, but he's a "chucker" and we don't need someone shooting 36% from the field. If he could improve his shot selection and be happy only scoring 10 ppg and playing tough defense then I'd love to have him, but I don't see that happening.

Love would have been a good fit before Woody signed Ware and Mgbako and X was granted another season; back when it was unclear where the offense would come from. Love is very talented, but he's a "chucker" and we don't need someone shooting 36% from the field. If he could improve his shot selection and be happy only scoring 10 ppg and playing tough defense then I'd love to have him, but I don't see that happening.

In school we called that Chucker guy a "Flick"

This is Michigan. They only would transfer 60 credits. They did it to Shannon last year. I gather if you want a diploma that says Michigan on it they want you to take Michigan classes. I’d say if Love would’ve graduated he would be at UM as a graduate transfer.
That doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
While not as impressed with UM as you are, I see the logic and many Universities might feel the same.

Also, if things are as they appear...I am pleased to see that Love would choose to go somewhere else rather than give up a shot a a degree (anytime soon) by trashing some of his credit hours.

While not as impressed with UM as you are, I see the logic and many Universities might feel the same.

Also, if things are as they appear...I am pleased to see that Love would choose to go somewhere else rather than give up a shot a a degree (anytime soon) by trashing some of his credit hours.
I think if he would’ve graduated from UNC first he would be at UM.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
We have no idea what X will be next year. We’d like to think he’ll come back the same as we was or better, but we truly don’t know.

Love would be great insurance and they could also play together.

Let’s go get him.

My perception is Love doesn’t love playing defense. If I’m Woody, that last spot is either not going to be used or it will be on a kid that is starter level on BOTH ends of the floor. AND is someone that can be effective with or without the ball in their hands a lot.

Further, if you actively pursue and take Love, you’re actively taking shots away from X, Ware, Mack, and Malik… As he is really only effective when he’s taking a lot of shots.

And outside a magical 2-3 weeks a couple seasons ago. Those shots he’s taken haven’t been consistently efficient or effective.

Pass for me if I’m Woody. We got Mack. Maximize him and Ware. Send them both to the lottery. Keep the momentum going.

My perception is Love doesn’t love playing defense. If I’m Woody, that last spot is either not going to be used or it will be on a kid that is starter level on BOTH ends of the floor. AND is someone that can be effective with or without the ball in their hands a lot.

Further, if you actively pursue and take Love, you’re actively taking shots away from X, Ware, Mack, and Malik… As he is really only effective when he’s taking a lot of shots.

And outside a magical 2-3 weeks a couple seasons ago. Those shots he’s taken haven’t been consistently efficient or effective.

Pass for me if I’m Woody. We got Mack. Maximize him and Ware. Send them both to the lottery. Keep the momentum going.
Ware is a lottery pick now huh? Will he be taken in the lottery before or after Tamar?

Ware is a lottery pick now huh? Will he be taken in the lottery before or after Tamar?
Not really comparable. Bates was 35 coming out of HS and Ware was 7. Many projected Ware to be a potential lottery pick when he entered Oregon. The only projection for Bates was that he’d play in the NBA someday.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT