ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Krueger?....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Does anyone know if he is dealing with an injury or is he buried so deep in the bullpen that we may not see him on the mound again this season? Maybe I've missed something on his situation. He has really regressed from his 2017 and 2018 seasons. I checked the number of appearances and his ERA going back to the 2017 season and they are as follows:

2017 - 22 appearances with a 2.82 ERA
2018 - 27 appearances with a 3.02 ERA
2019 - 14 appearances with a 5.50 ERA

Hopefully, someone on here knows something about him.

Injured but available starting Big Ten Tourney
That’s awesome news. I believe the biggest improvements this team has made are relief pitching and much sounder defense. Those were the real problem spots early, and I just don’t worry about either now. Sure wish Kaletha could come back too, but that’s probably asking too much.

Reactions: RBB89
I thought it was just because he wasn't getting the job done. I recall watching Mercer's post-game interview after the Wright State game....just looked it up so i could get it verbatim. In speaking of his pitchers, he said: "It's a competition, and the reality of the world is if you can't do a job, then you don't get to do that job anymore." Krueger wasn't the only one that was bad that day, but he only pitcher and an inning and a third after that quote. I just assumed the two went hand-in-hand because I hadn't heard about an injury.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT