ADVERTISEMENT

BubbleQuest

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Now that the b-b-board has reached general consensus on life after CTC, intriguing prospect of IU getting its sh*t together and making a run in through the B10 tourney. Not another Team there that IU couldn't beat (or should have), and though the Jekyll/Hyde ride has been exhausting and demoralizing it wouldn't be out of character for this Team or its Coach to string together a few wins in typically incomprehensible fashion (IU's post-season record of late not withstanding). If they manage to win today and get by Wisconsin, I think they take MD and PU in the rematches.

Be a splendid farewell for CTC, eh?

I saw the records of Syracuse and others that are supposedly on the bubble. A couple of wins gets us to bubble level, barely. I don't expect them to beat Iowa. If they do, I don't see them staying focused enough to win 2 in a row. This team does not have the confidence or leadership to make the NCAA. They have the talent, but turnovers, lack of defensive communication, and incredibly stupid play isn't going to be corrected this week.

If nothing changes, we will be a less talented version of this same team next year and with less leadership than we had this year. There are so many reasons to make a coaching change.

Syracuse and Wake getting beat barely opens the door.

I think IU gets in with 3 wins. 2 isnt going to do it....but who knows.

If USC, Vandy, and MSU get beat today.....the door opens even more.

Now that the b-b-board has reached general consensus on life after CTC, intriguing prospect of IU getting its sh*t together and making a run in through the B10 tourney. Not another Team there that IU couldn't beat (or should have), and though the Jekyll/Hyde ride has been exhausting and demoralizing it wouldn't be out of character for this Team or its Coach to string together a few wins in typically incomprehensible fashion (IU's post-season record of late not withstanding). If they manage to win today and get by Wisconsin, I think they take MD and PU in the rematches.

You're 7-11 in the BIG and 3 games over .500 for the season. Do you really think they win the BTT?
BTW...if they do then Crean definitely stays another year.

Reactions: T.M.P. and kkott

The key guys are forced to play too many minutes for them to be successful. I just can't see them making a tournament run with such a thin bench.

I saw the records of Syracuse and others that are supposedly on the bubble. A couple of wins gets us to bubble level, barely. I don't expect them to beat Iowa. If they do, I don't see them staying focused enough to win 2 in a row. This team does not have the confidence or leadership to make the NCAA. They have the talent, but turnovers, lack of defensive communication, and incredibly stupid play isn't going to be corrected this week.

If nothing changes, we will be a less talented version of this same team next year and with less leadership than we had this year. There are so many reasons to make a coaching change.

... and all they have to do is look over and read the coach's sign for what to do!

Crean has taken good teams to the Big tournament to only crap its pants in the 1st or 2nd round, another reason to fire him. Even last season we crumbled to a bad Michigan team and Zellers team in 2013 lost to Wisky first round and head scratching we still got a #1 seed that year. The only thing I will add here is that this team is still talented and there is really not a dominant team except for maybe Purdue. Iowa is a fairly easy first round matchup and Wisky has been struggling a lot lately. If by chance we win those 2 then we face a Maryland team not too dominant as well. I just dont know. Its possible this year but not going to say its probable either.

As much as it would be good to move on and today be his last day, won't we get an NIT invite? I am intrigued to see a home game in the NIT with an obvious vote by fans who choose to stay home, an empty arena.

You're 7-11 in the BIG and 3 games over .500 for the season. Do you really think they win the BTT?
BTW...if they do then Crean definitely stays another year.[/QUOTE]

Nope. That ship has sailed.

Unless IU gets to the NCAA final four, and even then I don't know, Crean will not be the coach at IU next season.

Let's just say a certain SEC team would already have a new coach if it wasn't for the B10 Tourney.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
As much as it would be good to move on and today be his last day, won't we get an NIT invite? I am intrigued to see a home game in the NIT with an obvious vote by fans who choose to stay home, an empty arena.
Yeah, I can't imagine Crean not coaching our NIT game(s). Once that's done, things should move fast.

... and all they have to do is look over and read the coach's sign for what to do!
Yeah! I saw a sign "CALL OUT SCREENS". I shook my head that someone felt the need to make a sign like that. I would love to know what other signs they had that didn't get shown. "Play Smarter" is the only one they needed.

Reactions: BigMobe
Yeah! I saw a sign "CALL OUT SCREENS". I shook my head that someone felt the need to make a sign like that. I would love to know what other signs they had that didn't get shown. "Play Smarter" is the only one they needed.
"Dont Hop" is one. I didnt realize what that meant but somebody said it had to do with a few of the players were hopping instead of sliding their feet while playing defense. SMDH

Hoefully a sign that reads "BACK UP THE MOVING TRUCKS"

"Dont Hop" is one. I didnt realize what that meant but somebody said it had to do with a few of the players were hopping instead of sliding their feet while playing defense. SMDH
It had a picture of a rabbit. I kid you not.

There has been no Jekll/Hyde. This team has sucked since November. Pretty consistent suckage at that.

Not sure too many believe we have a chance to beat Iowa, let alone win the BTT. And BTW... Crean's job status 'definitely' won't hinge on several BTT games.

There has been no Jekll/Hyde. This team has sucked since November. Pretty consistent suckage at that.
MSU and Illinois are the only games I can remember that resembled the team at the beginning of the year. The game against Illinois was simply good because they were playing Illinois. The other wins were close games against bad teams or teams that played just a little worse than we did that day.

If we can get Iowa to turn the ball over 20 times and foul on every possession, we have a shot tonight.

MSU and Illinois are the only games I can remember that resembled the team at the beginning of the year. The game against Illinois was simply good because they were playing Illinois. The other wins were close games against bad teams or teams that played just a little worse than we did that day.

If we can get Iowa to turn the ball over 20 times and foul on every possession, we have a shot tonight.

One game; if we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight.

Reactions: chris007

This.

Northwestern craps the bed in the last minute and they beat a team that is equally stupid and terrible defensively and people are acting like they're playing well enough to win the BTT.

I don't get it.

Yep, beating KU, losing to IUFW and then handling UNC showed so much consistency. This some sort of pOTUS-type neo-analytic?

This.

Northwestern craps the bed in the last minute and they beat a team that is equally stupid and terrible defensively and people are acting like they're playing well enough to win the BTT.

I don't get it.
People are delusional every year when it comes to the btt. We then lose in the first game and then they say in is a meaningless tournament. We have been the number # 1 twice recently and won ONE game as the 1 seed.

Not sure too many believe we have a chance to beat Iowa, let alone win the BTT. And BTW... Crean's job status 'definitely' won't hinge on several BTT games.

I have a better chance of winning the power ball than IU does of winning the BTT. We would have to shoot about 60% for four straight games to have a shot. That is not happening folks but one can dream I guess.

If they do it shouldn't change anyone's mind on Crean, but rather it should reinforce what we already know. If they win the BTT it doesn't erase being 7-11 in a terrible Big Ten, it confirms that we had absolutely no business having that record. It would be a microcosm of his entire career. Even last year, when we caught fire in the Big Ten we had a tale of two seasons, or two totally different teams. We didn't exceed expectations last year, we ended right about where we started (5 seed?)......it was just a roller coaster ride in between.

That's Tom Carnie Crean.

People are delusional every year when it comes to the btt. We then lose in the first game and then they say in is a meaningless tournament. We have been the number # 1 twice recently and won ONE game as the 1 seed.
It is meaningless unless you are winning.

Reactions: bailey777
Delusional bb board to think IU is an elite bb school and one than can get a top coach or players

It has been a long time since IU was really relevant nationally. Many teams get hot for a year or two. Elite is Year after year

bb

If they do it shouldn't change anyone's mind on Crean, but rather it should reinforce what we already know. If they win the BTT it doesn't erase being 7-11 in a terrible Big Ten, it confirms that we had absolutely no business having that record. It would be a microcosm of his entire career. Even last year, when we caught fire in the Big Ten we had a tale of two seasons, or two totally different teams. We didn't exceed expectations last year, we ended right about where we started (5 seed?)......it was just a roller coaster ride in between.

That's Tom Carnie Crean.

Agreed 100%. He has talented teams that under-perform and then we're supposed to be impressed when they put together a stretch that meets expectations before flaming out.

No excuse for this team to have a losing conference record given the talent level here.

IU hit 60% of its shots. Jok played the worst game of his career - he never shot a free throw and he did not hustle. I think he must have been sick.

And if IU beats Wisconsin... they are still looking at the NIT

IU hit 60% of its shots. Jok played the worst game of his career - he never shot a free throw and he did not hustle. I think he must have been sick.

And if IU beats Wisconsin... they are still looking at the NIT

I think if IU puts the NCAA in a position for a IU-UK matchup they won't be able to resist putting IU in the tourney.

The teams in the conference are weak at the top. I think anyone of the teams left can pull off winning the tournament. That said, I'll be surprised if IU beats Wiscy but not shocked.

Dakich makes me want to drink a few Dos XX's during the game because after all,

IU is the most dangerous team not only in the conference but now it seems in the country.

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT