ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Tucker commits

I also see everyone proclaiming we had three 5-stars, but Reneau was a composite 4-star. Rivals had him as a 5, but the others had him as a 4.

Now all of that said, we had enough talent, but not in the right places/poor roster management.
Malik was ranked 38th and the number 4 power forward in the country. I guess you could say in theory not a five star by a few spots but pretty darn close. The roster management is 100% woodson fault but he still had plenty of talent. Also woodson is the one who left a grant open when he could have filled it. He does not get any pass for that.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Which means nothing except to fan boys and bloggers. Because we had 5 star primadonnas this year and didn't do jack.
You'll criticize the coach if he misses out on a player like this and you criticize when he lands a good player.

Find a new fanbase to annoy please.

• Love
You'll criticize the coach if he misses out on a player like this and you criticize when he lands a good player.

Has nothing to do with the players has everthing to do with the coach. Until woodson proves on the court he has changed people are going to expect more of the same.

Calipari said in his post-game he needed to change. I expect in addition to the 5* HS prospects he's going to mix in a couple of high level xfers from the portal. That might still lead to the problem I think Ayer’s at KY I believe.our team had of developing chemistry with a new group that quickly, but Cal might be better at hastening that along that CMW is/was. And, maybe it was just a bad mix of personalities for us this year. Guess we'll see since we're having to bring in a large crew this year again too.
Mitchell and Reeves are both 22 years of age. Second yr portal players at KY I believe.

I looked at starters for tonight’s games and surprising, almost no freshman starters

NC State-0 freshman starters
IMarquette-0 freshman starters

Duke-1 freshman mccain
Houston-0

Gonzaga-1 huff
Purdue-0

Creighton-0
Tennessee-0

Mostly Juniors and seniors but lots of seniors.

Last edited:
I looked at starters for tonight’s games and surprising, almost no freshman starters

NC State-0 freshman starters
IMarquette-0 freshman starters

Duke-1 freshman mccain
Houston-0

Gonzaga-1 huff
Purdue-0

Creighton-0
Tennessee-0

Mostly Juniors and seniors but lots of seniors.
It used to be said, "get old and stay old" and what this meant was that freshmen and sophomore were not relied on as much. You could bring them along slowly and they could learn the culture of the program a little at a time. With NIL and the transfer portal this is changing all that. I hate it to be honest. I wish they would do away with NIL and go back to guys having to sit a yr when they transfer.

It used to be said, "get old and stay old" and what this meant was that freshmen and sophomore were not relied on as much. You could bring them along slowly and they could learn the culture of the program a little at a time. With NIL and the transfer portal this is changing all that. I hate it to be honest. I wish they would do away with NIL and go back to guys having to sit a yr when they transfer.
The NIL is already starting to make me lose interest in college bbal. I will always watch the NCAA tourney but it this NIL continues to get out of control I am not sure how much college bbal I will even be watching 5 years from now. I will probably just go to alot more high school games. I mean if I want to watch professional athletes I can just watch the NBA.

Reactions: IndyGlen
Not true. It means IU has a recruiting class of 1 as opposed to 0.
They just bought their first player. Offering big bucks to Sisley. It's no longer about historical value. It's strictly cash now. There was a time playing for IU was special. Now it's just show me the money.
Not insulting the program. The richest programs are doing it.

The NIL is already starting to make me lose interest in college bbal. I will always watch the NCAA tourney but it this NIL continues to get out of control I am not sure how much college bbal I will even be watching 5 years from now. I will probably just go to alot more high school games. I mean if I want to watch professional athletes I can just watch the NBA.
whatever you decide to do the next 5 years I'm sure you will be joyous and full of positive energy.

Friend, it almost breaks our hearts because we remember how good it was before. High School games are very interesting. I've often touted ihsaatv.org on here because as a Hoosier living in Pennsylvania I get to watch games. Also with Youtube there are a lot of high school games played. Summit City Sports has a ton of games from the Fort Wayne area. WHME has games from the South Bend area. I was just thinking today with the portal and IU is working to replace perhaps 7 scholarships, "I won't even know this team next yr. Will it be like this every year?"

Reactions: IndyGlen
Friend, it almost breaks our hearts because we remember how good it was before. High School games are very interesting. I've often touted ihsaatv.org on here because as a Hoosier living in Pennsylvania I get to watch games. Also with Youtube there are a lot of high school games played. Summit City Sports has a ton of games from the Fort Wayne area. WHME has games from the South Bend area. I was just thinking today with the portal and IU is working to replace perhaps 7 scholarships, "I won't even know this team next yr. Will it be like this every year?"
van pastor bob dylan once said the times they are a changin, I think that's what he said was kind of hard to understand.

• Haha
Reactions: VanPastorMan
That is what I am afraid of I fear the NIL will only get worse and worse to where it becomes that they are just basically professional athletes that have to be bought year to year. At some point will the conferences just leave the ncaa I mean it is hard to even really think of alot of these guys as student athletes anymore. Plus now you got boosters heavily invested in paying these guys so think about happy in blue chips they mostly all probably want access and control like that.

It will be interesting to see in about 5 years what model works the best. The teams that just go buy a roster every year or schools like Purdue who build an actual roster for the long term. Pretty sure I already know the answer but we shall see.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
What makes you think NIL will stop at college?

What makes you think NIL will stop at college?
It may not once the pandoras box was opened it most likely cannot be shut. I am sure at some point it will hit high schools. I mean in a sense some kids are already being bought be being given free tuition to attend certain high schools. Who knows maybe some kids dad's are getting tractors.

What. cars? Tractors?
Gave a kid a tractor?

Another kid we gave a house.
Didn't we give him a house?

You know. bags of cash.
l don't know what we gave these kids.
You know. they asked for things.
we gave it to them.

l mean. you guys asked me to win.
and l gave that to you. Right?

And the alumni are all jerking off
over this win.

which is the only time the alumni
ever jerk off. right. is when we win.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
It may not once the pandoras box was opened it most likely cannot be shut. I am sure at some point it will hit high schools. I mean in a sense some kids are already being bought be being given free tuition to attend certain high schools. Who knows maybe some kids dad's are getting tractors.

What. cars? Tractors?
Gave a kid a tractor?

Another kid we gave a house.
Didn't we give him a house?

You know. bags of cash.
l don't know what we gave these kids.
You know. they asked for things.
we gave it to them.

l mean. you guys asked me to win.
and l gave that to you. Right?

And the alumni are all jerking off
over this win.

which is the only time the alumni
ever jerk off. right. is when we win.
You got it wrong. The answer is right in front of you. It was a fully loaded Lexus.

Has nothing to do with the players has everthing to do with the coach. Until woodson proves on the court he has changed people are going to expect more of the same.
I can think of many games where we weren't playing well and came out after halftime and turned the game around. Woody can get the players to play hard. He is learning the type of players a college team needs. He has definitely made an impact on TJD, Reneau and Ware. I'd say Galloway benefited from Woody' and his staff.

Let's see if we can land Connor Hickman from Bradley. He is an experienced starter that shoots 40+% from 3. That will be a nice get and hopefully be the start of bringing in more shooters.

This is fine. It means nothing. Wait to see if he can play at this level. He's not a great 3 point shooter as of now. He's young by age for a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT