ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Tucker commits

Which means nothing except to fan boys and bloggers. Because we had 5 star primadonnas this year and didn't do jack.
I used to get really excited over 5 star players but this yer proved you can have three five star players and is doesnt mean dork. He would really need a team of all five stars for his nba offense to really work on a high enough level to do damage in the tourney.

Reactions: Lucy01 and go_iu
I used to get really excited over 5 star players but this yer proved you can have three five star players and is doesnt mean dork. He would really need a team of all five stars for his nba offense to really work on a high enough level to do damage in the tourney.
Look at what Oakland did to Kentucky. UK had all those highly touted players and got beat by a bunch of lower ranked players. Yet those lower ranked dudes were tough.

Reactions: go_iu and ribbont
Ohhhh kayyyy...

Now a PG (Perkins)

Then a shooter/playmaker (Hickman)

Then a Defensive oriented big (Williams from Drexel)

Then another shooter (Blackmon)

Then a couple versatile, longer, 2 way players that can shoot...

And hopefully the last couple guys I mentioned have more than 1 year of eligibility left...

All of these things happening are a stretch, but when you break them down individually, not unlikely at all.

Tucker is a great start though!

Ohhhh kayyyy...

Now a PG (Perkins)

Then a shooter/playmaker (Hickman)

Then a Defensive oriented big (Williams from Drexel)

Then another shooter (Blackmon)

Then a couple versatile, longer, 2 way players that can shoot...

And hopefully the last couple guys I mentioned have more than 1 year of eligibility left...

All of these things happening are a stretch, but when you break them down individually, not unlikely at all.

Tucker is a great start though!
Possible. Especially with our $.

What could this team do in terms of wins/losses and tourney?

Possible. Especially with our $.

What could this team do in terms of wins/losses and tourney?
The one I listed... I would think could win low 20s, over .500 in conference, solid 5-8 seed in tourney.

But we do need a PG, another big that's preferably an elite level defender/rebounder, and a few versatile shooter/scorer/defenders on the wing yet.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Would love to see all of you coaches’ career records in the rec leagues you are in.

Can’t people just welcome a kid to IU that is a top 20 kid in the country?

Someone asked “who?” in regard to Tucker. If you do not follow recruiting close enough to have known we were recruiting Tucker at same time as mcneely, and he was planning on giing to g-league ignite, you probably should not comment negatively about a recruit

Look at what Oakland did to Kentucky. UK had all those highly touted players and got beat by a bunch of lower ranked players. Yet those lower ranked dudes were tough.
The knock on Kentucky is the one and done five stars dont work anymore as evidenced by their last four seasons. It worked pretty well when he first took over but not anymore. Memphis is kind of the same penny has gotten alot of top level talent and his results are meh at best.

Would love to see all of you coaches’ career records in the rec leagues you are in.

Can’t people just welcome a kid to IU that is a top 20 kid in the country?

Someone asked “who?” in regard to Tucker. If you do not follow recruiting close enough to have known we were recruiting Tucker at same time as mcneely, and he was planning on giing to g-league ignite, you probably should not comment negatively about a recruit
Very mild on here now honestly. You should have been around during the Mike Davis years if you wanted to read negative posts. This is childs play.

Reactions: .Gerdis

Which means nothing except to fan boys and bloggers. Because we had 5 star primadonnas this year and didn't do jack.
Ya, I'm witchya, pisses me off to no end Woodson is such a weak recruiter of HS talent. Ifen you can't recruit a 4-5-6 rated baller, stay in bed. Just sick of this shit.

Nice to get a incoming freshman. Let's see who the staff brings in through the portal.

The one I listed... I would think could win low 20s, over .500 in conference, solid 5-8 seed in tourney.

But we do need a PG, another big that's preferably an elite level defender/rebounder, and a few versatile shooter/scorer/defenders on the wing yet.
I like Abou Ousmane as a back up big. 6'11 250, started his career at North Texas and platooned at Xavier last year. Averaged 6/6/1.5 blocks playing only 20mpg. Think he can play up to 25 mpg in the event Reneau gets in foul trouble but definitely a quality rim protector you can plug and play.

Reactions: nichlee
I like Abou Ousmane as a back up big. 6'11 250, started his career at North Texas and platooned at Xavier last year. Averaged 6/6/1.5 blocks playing only 20mpg. Think he can play up to 25 mpg in the event Reneau gets in foul trouble but definitely a quality rim protector you can plug and play.
He would fit the mold fine. I was hoping for Dishon Jackson (Charlotte) but he made the move for Iowa State very quickly.

The knock on Kentucky is the one and done five stars dont work anymore as evidenced by their last four seasons. It worked pretty well when he first took over but not anymore. Memphis is kind of the same penny has gotten alot of top level talent and his results are meh at best.

Calipari said in his post-game he needed to change. I expect in addition to the 5* HS prospects he's going to mix in a couple of high level xfers from the portal. That might still lead to the problem I think our team had of developing chemistry with a new group that quickly, but Cal might be better at hastening that along that CMW is/was. And, maybe it was just a bad mix of personalities for us this year. Guess we'll see since we're having to bring in a large crew this year again too.

Need someone that can defend the post and rebound, for sure.

Reactions: Willdog7

In another thread I mentioned that they need to start playing Joey Hart from Linton/Stockton because he could be a good four yr player for them. I really liked Joey when he was in high school. Too bad about his Dad losing his coaching job due to several DUIs. I hope he bounces back somewhere.

that made me laugh....IF Reneau gets in foul trouble

In another thread I mentioned that they need to start playing Joey Hart from Linton/Stockton because he could be a good four yr player for them. I really liked Joey when he was in high school. Too bad about his Dad losing his coaching job due to several DUIs. I hope he bounces back somewhere.
I don't know but I'd trust Cal in playing the kid in only 7 games. I realize coaches can make poor rotation decisions but he was a late addition to UK and was looking at mid majors before committing. I'd wager he gets minimal playing time next season and transfers back in state to a smaller school.

And if people want to continue coaching they should be making good decisions; one DUI should have been enough.

I don't know but I'd trust Cal in playing the kid in only 7 games. I realize coaches can make poor rotation decisions but he was a late addition to UK and was looking at mid majors before committing. I'd wager he gets minimal playing time next season and transfers back in state to a smaller school.

And if people want to continue coaching they should be making good decisions; one DUI should have been enough.
True, Joey was going to one of the Florida mid major teams. I was very surprised when he ended up at UK.

Reactions: nichlee
hope it's not around me, enough drunks on the streets already.

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Probably make the second weekend…with a better coach & more than a year together. With Woody, bubble team out in the first or second round.
This is the Woody issue. With big NIL he's going to have talent, he can always buy someone. Can he assembly a "team" that does something like win the conference or make a tourney run? Haven't seen that yet. He is getting another shot at it though.

Who exactly were the prima donnas and what made them so? I must have missed it.
I also see everyone proclaiming we had three 5-stars, but Reneau was a composite 4-star. Rivals had him as a 5, but the others had him as a 4.

Now all of that said, we had enough talent, but not in the right places/poor roster management.

Reactions: Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT