ADVERTISEMENT

Brickyard 400 New Name

sux

Racing at Indy sux

1/2 of a horsepower laps the field

Drivers are just riders
But don't you think today's Brickyard attendance resembles a typical NASCAR attendance over the past 4-5 years? Going to zero fans didn't seem to hurt them that much.

Reactions: Lucy01
I had no idea they were running that here this weekend. Great sport.

Last edited:
I had no idea that were running that here this weekend. Great sport.

Me neither - scrolled through channels and ran across it

They tried to imitate the Indy 500 - with 7 laps to go, the leader was running in clean air and crashed for no good reason - "tire blowout"

Better than a "ran out of fuel" finish I guess.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I gave up on NASCAR when they started changing the rules every year to make the fans happy. It becomes a bigger joke every year. I still can't understand who they are trying to help or hurt with the stages.

Maybe they need to bring in Lawn Mower Racing and Tractor Pulls to draw a larger audience.

I gave up on NASCAR when they started changing the rules every year to make the fans happy. It becomes a bigger joke every year. I still can't understand who they are trying to help or hurt with the stages.

I gave up when they went to restrictor plates, and when Eli Gold quit calling the races.
That dude could make paint dry races sound exciting.
And now that every car is shaped the same, "they all look alike to me."

I gave up when they went to restrictor plates, and when Eli Gold quit calling the races.
That dude could make paint dry races sound exciting.
And now that every car is shaped the same, "they all look alike to me."
Don't get me started on the cars. They had a 2 door Ford Fusion one year and a Mustang the size of the Fusion the next. All of them with decals for headlights and tail lights.

It was cool when manufacturers had to build at least 500 units of whatthey were racing. There were some fun made for racing cars running around in the 70's and 80's.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
WzVFGew.jpg

Reactions: All4You
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT