ADVERTISEMENT

Bribing the electorate

"the Supreme Court stopped me, but I found a way around that"... I believe is what he said 2 weeks ago.
There is 100%, positively nothing that threatens democracy in that public statement, infront of the world. Total transparency.
Fvckin Trump will kill us! oh wait............

Reactions: Ty Webb iu and DANC
The most famous I can think of without looking it up is the Freedom of Religion Act, which was the result of the courts and Congress fighting back and forth about who could define what the first amendment protected.

(In the end, the courts won.)
Was Congress promising free cheese with a prayer?

Ignoring the Supreme Court is an impeachable offense, isn't it?

Sorry, snarlcakes - posted before I saw your thread.
Kind of like Trump pushing legislators into more and bigger COVID payments.

You'd be blaming Biden for the additional inflation.

State schools, community colleges, and trade schools should be free for all. However they aren't so Id rather something like this come through as a tax credit. Weed out the 1% who don't need it.

Oh and if you go to a private university and get a liberal arts degree. Then complain about not being able to pay off your loan, you should be beaten to death. Darwinism.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
State schools, community colleges, and trade schools should be free for all. However they aren't so Id rather something like this come through as a tax credit. Weed out the 1% who don't need it.

Oh and if you go to a private university and get a liberal arts degree. Then complain about not being able to pay off your loan, you should be beaten to death. Darwinism.
al1exlm-700b-0044999c0a662e89b0fabf82c7aff3d711d67e92.jpg

The most famous I can think of without looking it up is the Freedom of Religion Act, which was the result of the courts and Congress fighting back and forth about who could define what the first amendment protected.

(In the end, the courts won.)
Any examples in which the court did not win? In other words, is Biden just vote whoring & wasting everyone’s time & resources that could be used to solve actual problems?

Reactions: DANC

Not all liberal arts degrees are the same. Public v. private shouldn't be as important as the cost. $70k (all in) to go to U of Michigan out-of-state, for example.

Haha that's great!. Hey we need philosophers, artist, writers, actors. All the stuff. But you can go to a community college and read Descartes. The words in his books are same at IUPUI as they are at Butler.
Gravity works the same way at Ivy Tech locations as it does Cal Tech. So I guess no one should go there, either?

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Not all liberal arts degrees are the same. Public v. private shouldn't be as important as the cost. $70k (all in) to go to U of Michigan out-of-state, for example.

Forgiving loans is not the problem. The problem is the cost of college to begin with, and the willingness to loan someone as much as they want to spend, no matter how stoopid.

I've posted this numerous times -- student loans should be capped at the in-state cost of the state's flagship state school and room and board at the dorm rate. Brad Jr. wants to go to UM for $70? Knock yourself out. But he's only eligible for loans amounting to what it would cost to go to UI. Additionally, the schools themselves should be on the hook for a portion of any of the student loan debt. If you charge a kid $80K for a philosophy degre and he defaults, the DoE should be talking to the Bursar.

Forgiving loans is not the problem. The problem is the cost of college to begin with, and the willingness to loan someone as much as they want to spend, no matter how stoopid.

I've posted this numerous times -- student loans should be capped at the in-state cost of the state's flagship state school and room and board at the dorm rate. Brad Jr. wants to go to UM for $70? Knock yourself out. But he's only eligible for loans amounting to what it would cost to go to UI. Additionally, the schools themselves should be on the hook for a portion of any of the student loan debt. If you charge a kid $80K for a philosophy degre and he defaults, the DoE should be talking to the Bursar.
I think all of those things are problems, including the forgiveness.

Interesting idea you have, though. Wouldn't that incentivize higher ranked schools offering to fewer middle-class and lower kids for higher revenue from rich kids?

Interesting idea you have, though. Wouldn't that incentivize higher ranked schools offering to fewer middle-class and lower kids for higher revenue from rich kids?

That's not happening already? I can't prove it and I'm sure they would deny it, but all else equal if it came down to one last seat between a kid from NJ and a kid from IN, I'll guarantee you that Kelley will take the kid from NJ. It's a business school, after all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT