ADVERTISEMENT

Brianna Wu--a progressive expressing regret at progressive politics re trans movement, identity politics, Israeli, etc.

BradStevens

All-American
Sep 7, 2023
Never heard of this person. I'm not sure what's more interesting--Wu's background/history, her opinions here in light of that, or the undying cuteness and awesomeness of Bari.

, , , and yes, Wu is trans. If that brings up an initial negative reaction, try to suppress it and listen to her and her opinions and see what you agree or disagree with. She agrees with you on some important issues!

Never heard of this person. I'm not sure what's more interesting--Wu's background/history, her opinions here in light of that, or the undying cuteness and awesomeness of Bari.

, , , and yes, Wu is trans. If that brings up an initial negative reaction, try to suppress it and listen to her and her opinions and see what you agree or disagree with. She agrees with you on some important issues!
Dark WU

Reactions: BradStevens

Speaking of the trans issue..did you see the story yesterday about the NIH funded study on the psychological effects of gender treatments on adolescents?

The study got $9.7M in NIH funding -- and the findings have thus far not been published because the researcher didn't want them to become political fodder for people who oppose these treatments for adolescents.

In the nine years since the study was funded by the National Institutes of Health, and as medical care for this small group of adolescents became a searing issue in U.S. politics, Olson-Kennedy’s team has not published the data. Asked why, she said the findings might fuel the kind of political attacks that have led to bans of youth gender treatments in more than 20 states, one of which will soon be considered by the Supreme Court.​
“I do not want our work to be weaponized,” she said. “It has to be exactly on point, clear and concise. And that takes time.”​

Essentially, the study concluded that the treatments did not bring the psychological benefits that an earlier Dutch study had found. Her explanation was that this was because the subjects were all doing fine when they came in -- so there was no improvement to be had. But that's odd -- because the argument has long been that these kids were deeply distressed and depressed until and unless they could get treatments.

Speaking of the trans issue..did you see the story yesterday about the NIH funded study on the psychological effects of gender treatments on adolescents?

The study got $9.7M in NIH funding -- and the findings have thus far not been published because the researcher didn't want them to become political fodder for people who oppose these treatments for adolescents.

In the nine years since the study was funded by the National Institutes of Health, and as medical care for this small group of adolescents became a searing issue in U.S. politics, Olson-Kennedy’s team has not published the data. Asked why, she said the findings might fuel the kind of political attacks that have led to bans of youth gender treatments in more than 20 states, one of which will soon be considered by the Supreme Court.​
“I do not want our work to be weaponized,” she said. “It has to be exactly on point, clear and concise. And that takes time.”​

Essentially, the study concluded that the treatments did not bring the psychological benefits that an earlier Dutch study had found. Her explanation was that this was because the subjects were all doing fine when they came in -- so there was no improvement to be had. But that's odd -- because the argument has long been that these kids were deeply distressed and depressed until and unless they could get treatments.
Someone, somewhere linked that within the last few days.

The left politicizes science as much as the right, if not more so.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

So the Dr. believes based on anecdotal experience that she is helping, but her own study suggests otherwise? And she's worried about politicizing this? What about the negative impact her decisions have likely had on some of her patients for years?

Reactions: BradStevens
The reckoning is coming

Donald Trump Vote GIF by Team Kennedy

LOVE IT!!!! I’m so damn vested in this election. I don’t want to see Biden walz Harris stay at home Pete or any of the woke shit again. I want to be able to drink AND GAMBLE!!!! We’ve got it all this election. I feel really good about our chances. I’m reposing all of my faith in you and @bailey777 The great Chris Mccandless. Super tramp. And your collective inside reliable sources

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT