Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Virginia Tech

Sports Illustrated
Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Louisville

Banner Society
Music City Bowl (Nashville)
Indiana vs Kentucky

I thought that the Music City Bowl contractually won't be taking a Big Ten team this year?

What's changed?

That KY match up down there would be fun to watch...

I'd prefer the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, FL for recruiting purposes myself though...

I thought that the Music City Bowl contractually won't be taking a Big Ten team this year?

What's changed?

I'd prefer the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, FL for recruiting purposes myself though...
You're correct. They could take IND as a substitute for an SEC team who won't qualify, but the B1G has to fill its tie-ins before the Music City can take a team. Very slim chance a B1G team falls to that, and even if it does they'd be stuck with a 6-6 B1G team.

Reactions: 76-1

What's changed?

Frankly I'd be disappointed in the Redbox as we played there (when it was the Foster Farms Bowl) in 2016 at 6-6, and it's a pain in the ass to get to.

I read an article this morning suggesting that the Outback or Citrus (and possibly the Gator as well) in Florida would probably require an upset of PSU or Michigan. The dream bowl for me (short of the Rose, which would require us to win out and Minnesota to falter) is the Outback. Tampa is very accessible, flights in and out don't usually cost an arm and a leg, and Raymond James Stadium, where the game is played (and site of the 2021 Super Bowl) is convenient to the airport and hotels. Finally, and most importantly, CTA and staff are recruiting like crazy in the Tampa Bay area. This would be a great way to showcase our Tampa guys and inspire some more high school kids to hop aboard the Indiana rocket ship.

Outback or Citrus would be great depending on the opponent.
We need to be careful what we wish for,a third or forth place SEC team would be a big challenge at this point for us.
We have made great strides this year but we are not ready to go toe to toe with Florida or Auburn yet in my opinion.

Outback or Citrus would be great depending on the opponent.
We need to be careful what we wish for,a third or forth place SEC team would be a big challenge at this point for us.
We have made great strides this year but we are not ready to go toe to toe with Florida or Auburn yet in my opinion.

I agree, I like the locations but think we might have a shot at a better match up in the Gator...

Frankly I'd be disappointed in the Redbox as we played there (when it was the Foster Farms Bowl) in 2016 at 6-6, and it's a pain in the ass to get to.

I read an article this morning suggesting that the Outback or Citrus (and possibly the Gator as well) in Florida would probably require an upset of PSU or Michigan. The dream bowl for me (short of the Rose, which would require us to win out and Minnesota to falter) is the Outback. Tampa is very accessible, flights in and out don't usually cost an arm and a leg, and Raymond James Stadium, where the game is played (and site of the 2021 Super Bowl) is convenient to the airport and hotels. Finally, and most importantly, CTA and staff are recruiting like crazy in the Tampa Bay area. This would be a great way to showcase our Tampa guys and inspire some more high school kids to hop aboard the Indiana rocket ship.

Yes to the Outback dream.... we have family in St. Pete.

Reactions: 76-1 and Bowlmania
I don't know. I wouldn't sell us short. Florida's very good defensively but not the most potent offense. And, as for Auburn, I know we'd do better than 63-14 (lol).

Anything but Santa Clara again....we went and it was a horrible experience. Nice stadium but horrible atmosphere!

I really liked the stadium there at Santa Clara. Not much of a crowd but the stadium had huge concourses, wide open parking although it was right next to an amusement park.

It was easier access than the Pinstripe Bowl.

I thought the stadium was beautiful out there in San Fran.

Reactions: td75
ESPN
Redbox Bowl (Santa Clara)
Bonagura - Indiana vs Arizona State
Schlabach - Indiana vs USC

247 Sports
Indiana vs Washington

CBS Sports
Indiana vs Washington

Sporting News
Indiana vs Washington

College Football News
Indiana vs Virginia Tech

Bleacher Report
Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Virginia Tech

Sports Illustrated
Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Louisville

Banner Society
Indiana vs Kentucky
Some of those are big time opponents. I'll pull for the entire conference come bowl season and will actually pull for you guys big time if you do match up with Louisville due to the Brohm situation last year. That fanbase sucks!

Reactions: Walt542
ESPN
Bonagura - Indiana vs Arizona State
Schlabach - Indiana vs USC

247 Sports
Indiana vs Washington

CBS Sports
Indiana vs Washington

Sporting News
Indiana vs Washington

College Football News
Indiana vs Virginia Tech

Bleacher Report
Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Virginia Tech

Sports Illustrated
Pinstripe Bowl (NYC)
Indiana vs Louisville

Banner Society
Indiana vs Kentucky
Ooooh, I'm licking my chops, I'd love any of those matchups, but I must say--give me the Wildkitties! Kicking Purdue & Kentucky's asses back to back? Talk about a DREAM COME TRUE??? I could die a happy man right after the game. Life would never get better!

Reactions: td75
I really liked the stadium there at Santa Clara. Not much of a crowd but the stadium had huge concourses, wide open parking although it was right next to an amusement park.

It was easier access than the Pinstripe Bowl.

I thought the stadium was beautiful out there in San Fran.
It was nice, but nobody in the area knew about the game. All of the team activities and pre-game rallys were in San Fran about an hour away. Wasn't easy to get there when our hotel was by the stadium. Logistically, it's not good. At least the PinStripe seemed like a fun bowl atmosphere.

Reactions: Bowlmania and 76-1

and i'm only 70 miles away. woo hoo!

Reactions: Bowlmania
I would selfishly love to see a 9 win Hoosier football team play a worthy opponent in Nashville!!!

For the record, I believe a Kalen Deboer offense would tear up a Kentucky defense if it came to IU/UK in Nashville. I half ass keep up with Kentucky living down here and they've resorted to their star WR now playing QB. Their starting QB, Terry Wilson, was knocked out early in the season and not sure what happened to their second string transfer from Troy.

I think Indiana would woodshed UK. Some of the experts predict IU playing Louisville in a bowl game. IU has the better team, I would expect a tough game with IU pulling out the victory.

Edit: I would prefer IU play a "name" football program such as Tennessee and beat their Rocky Top ass. I'm just not sure Tennessee will qualify for bowl eligibility?

Reactions: 76-1

What's changed?

I would prefer the Gator Bowl as well. I would probably try to make that one.....been to Jacksonville once and found it really cool. I could not swing Santa Clara, nor probably NYC (as it would cost me a fortune).

Here's what I see happening....

Indiana wins out and finishes 10-2 (7-2 B1G)
Penn State beats Minnesota and loses to OSU and finishes 10-2 (7-2 B1G)
Ohio State wins out and the B1G championship game and finishes 13-0 (9-0)
Minnesota loses to Penn State, Wisconsin, and Iowa and finishes 9-3 (6-3)
Wisconsin wins out and loses to OSU in the B1G championship game 10-3 (7-2)

Ohio State makes the playoffs, and the Rose Bowl chooses Indiana due to the West champ having three losses and Indiana owning the tiebreaker against PSU...that and a ton of public sentiment to pick Indiana.

Any bowl game in Florida, on Jan 1 would be what I'm hoping for this team. Playing on New Years Day is a the type of accomplishment I'd like to see this team garner.

Unless we are talking Rose Bowl!!!!!

It was nice, but nobody in the area knew about the game. All of the team activities and pre-game rallys were in San Fran about an hour away. Wasn't easy to get there when our hotel was by the stadium. Logistically, it's not good. At least the PinStripe seemed like a fun bowl atmosphere.
I didn't make the Santa Clara game but every time I've watched that bowl on TV, and regardless of who's playing, it looks like poor attendance. On the other hand, the Pinstripe Bowl and Insight Bowl (IU's other two bowls in the last 12 years) had nice crowds and IU traveled very well to both. I think we'd have a huge contingent of fans at any of the Florida venues, or in Tennessee.

Reactions: RBB89
Here's what I see happening....

Indiana wins out and finishes 10-2 (7-2 B1G)
Penn State beats Minnesota and loses to OSU and finishes 10-2 (7-2 B1G)
Ohio State wins out and the B1G championship game and finishes 13-0 (9-0)
Minnesota loses to Penn State, Wisconsin, and Iowa and finishes 9-3 (6-3)
Wisconsin wins out and loses to OSU in the B1G championship game 10-3 (7-2)

Ohio State makes the playoffs, and the Rose Bowl chooses Indiana due to the West champ having three losses and Indiana owning the tiebreaker against PSU...that and a ton of public sentiment to pick Indiana.
California Dreamin'. Or maybe just a pipe dream. But, what the hell, I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT