Bowl Projections - 11.11.19

Kelly_32

All-Big Ten
Dec 12, 2004
ESPN
Redbox Bowl (Santa Clara)
Schlabach - Indiana vs Stanford

Citrus Bowl (Orlando)
Bonagura - Indiana vs Florida (YES PLEASE!!!)

247 Sports
Indiana vs Arizona State

CBS Sports
Indiana vs Washington

Sporting News
Indiana vs Washington

College Football News
Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth)
Indiana vs Air Force

Bleacher Report
Indiana vs Arizona State

Sports Illustrated
Outback Bowl (Tampa)
Indiana vs Auburn (LOVE THIS ONE!)

Banner Society
Music City Bowl (Nashville)
Indiana vs Kentucky

I would be extremely pleased playing against a SEC team. We are going to try and drive to any bowl game in Florida and obviously Nashville if the opportunity presents itself.

Indiana would matchup with a number of those SEC teams mentioned...I think IU would certainly beat Kentucky and Tennessee, with a shot at Florida. Can't see us hanging with Auburn but you never know. IU's offense will present problems for most teams.

I would be extremely pleased playing against a SEC team. We are going to try and drive to any bowl game in Florida and obviously Nashville if the opportunity presents itself.

Indiana would matchup with a number of those SEC teams mentioned...I think IU would certainly beat Kentucky and Tennessee, with a shot at Florida. Can't see us hanging with Auburn but you never know. IU's offense will present problems for most teams.
Auburn? Hope not after what Auburn did to Purdue last year in their Bowl game.

Reactions: Chriselli
We are not ready to play Auburn yet.
I have a PUke friend (I know) that went to their bowl game last year.
He said he could tell in warmups it was not gonna be pretty,,it was men against boys.
Auburn is too big and too fast,maybe in another couple years.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Auburn? Hope not after what Auburn did to Purdue last year in their Bowl game.
I tend to agree after watching us play them last year. Obviously going in all Purdue fans were optimistic but the football played by the powerhouses from the SEC is just on such a completely different level it’s impressive. Add to that the fact the Purdue had been down for so long and really had a terribly rated team by recruiting standings compared to an Auburn team that was preseason top 5 and had just experienced a lot tougher season than they expected and Purdue got smacked in the mouth and then got their throats stomped on and for good measure a kick to the nads.
But, and this is a big but because it can turn out very poorly like it did for Purdue, if IU were able to show they’re competitive with one of those schools (Florida or Auburn) I would certainly expect a huge bump in recruiting from all of the southeastern region for them.

ESPN
Schlabach - Indiana vs Stanford

Citrus Bowl (Orlando)
Bonagura - Indiana vs Florida (YES PLEASE!!!)

247 Sports
Indiana vs Arizona State

CBS Sports
Indiana vs Washington

Sporting News
Indiana vs Washington

College Football News
Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth)
Indiana vs Air Force

Bleacher Report
Indiana vs Arizona State

Sports Illustrated
Outback Bowl (Tampa)
Indiana vs Auburn (LOVE THIS ONE!)

Banner Society
Music City Bowl (Nashville)
Indiana vs Kentucky

We have no business playing Florida or Auburn.

TN or UK would be competitive. TN has been playing a lot better lately

I was at the Peach Bowl when we played them years ago. About 50000 TN fans, 10000 IU fans, and a close loss. I would expect a repeat of that if we play them anywhere in the South.

UK's record is not impressive; however, they did manage to beat MO 29-7 awhile back. Again, if we play anywhere in the South, they'll be 40000 UK fans and 10000 IU fans, and a close loss, imo.

I don't know the bowl ties......so I don't know if it's possible.....but I'd like to see us play a decent team on a neutral site. Especially an ACC team. Virginia Tech would be ideal. Big name, mediocre team. FSU would also be good, in some place like Nashville where their fans would also have to drive. BC, Pitt, or UL would also work--decent names, competitive games.

We have no business playing Florida or Auburn.

TN or UK would be competitive. TN has been playing a lot better lately

I was at the Peach Bowl when we played them years ago. About 50000 TN fans, 10000 IU fans, and a close loss. I would expect a repeat of that if we play them anywhere in the South.

UK's record is not impressive; however, they did manage to beat MO 29-7 awhile back. Again, if we play anywhere in the South, they'll be 40000 UK fans and 10000 IU fans, and a close loss, imo.

I don't know the bowl ties......so I don't know if it's possible.....but I'd like to see us play a decent team on a neutral site. Especially an ACC team. Virginia Tech would be ideal. Big name, mediocre team. FSU would also be good, in some place like Nashville where their fans would also have to drive. BC, Pitt, or UL would also work--decent names, competitive games.
Thank you,we have no business whatsoever in playing Florida or Auburn,it would get ugly and fast.

Reactions: goody1986
I was there. I call it the "Air Ball" game.

Only bowl game I've been to......it was a great time. Loved Atlanta, and the scene at the stadium was great. A really surprising # of IU fans, although TN dominated in that respect. Remind me.....what is the "Air Ball" reference about?

Only bowl game I've been to......it was a great time. Loved Atlanta, and the scene at the stadium was great. A really surprising # of IU fans, although TN dominated in that respect. Remind me.....what is the "Air Ball" reference about?
TN missed a field goal (possible it was a PAT attempt, it was a long time ago and I was heavily into the adult beverages). IU fans started chanting "Air Ball! Air Ball!" Atlanta paper the next day said you knew right then and there that IU was a basketball school.

TN missed a field goal (possible it was a PAT attempt, it was a long time ago and I was heavily into the adult beverages). IU fans started chanting "Air Ball! Air Ball!" Atlanta paper the next day said you knew right then and there that IU was a basketball school.
That's actually embarrassing...good grief.

IU v Tenn in the Gator Bowl! Don't think I would want to play Auburn, no fear of Florida (I live in Florida) their D is good but their O is suspect. It would be a match of strength on strength.

You do know Florida beat Auburn. I would love to see Florida vs IU but much more favorable matchup would be Auburn. Florida’s defense is ridiculous. They may have one best wide receiver corpse in the country. Their o line is question is questionable. Auburn has a good defense but offense is not good. Quarterback Bo Nix is a true freshman and is very inconsistent. Tennessee and Kentucky would be very good matchups.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
You do know Florida beat Auburn. I would love to see Florida vs IU but much more favorable matchup would be Auburn. Florida’s defense is ridiculous. They may have one best wide receiver corpse in the country. Their o line is question is questionable. Auburn has a good defense but offense is not good. Quarterback Bo Nix is a true freshman and is very inconsistent. Tennessee and Kentucky would be very good matchups.
After I glanced at their records, I think we better play Tennessee or Kentucky. Auburn and Florida would be a tough nut to crack.

After I glanced at their records, I think we better play Tennessee or Kentucky. Auburn and Florida would be a tough nut to crack.

Kentucky is the best matchup.

Natural rival. Unfriendly history... (and a Bowl game every 3-4 years is exactly when we should see them [in my opinion])...

I still like the Gator the best... (from what's realistically potentially available)...

The Big Ten is trying to rotate teams to different bowl games. They're not going to send us to Santa Clara again if possible.

I would love for a Florida bowl game but Jacksonville is far more likely than Orlando or Tampa. I'm not sure who the Gator would pick among Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana, and Illinois. Iowa was in Jacksonville 5 years ago.

I fear that if we don't get picked for Jacksonville that we would fall to Detroit since we've recently attended the Pinstripe and Redbox bowls.

I agree, just keep on winning! It would be very easy to get caught up in the bowl game what ifs, focus and win!

The Big Ten is trying to rotate teams to different bowl games. They're not going to send us to Santa Clara again if possible.

I would love for a Florida bowl game but Jacksonville is far more likely than Orlando or Tampa. I'm not sure who the Gator would pick among Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana, and Illinois. Iowa was in Jacksonville 5 years ago.

I fear that if we don't get picked for Jacksonville that we would fall to Detroit since we've recently attended the Pinstripe and Redbox bowls.

We would most likely have to lose out at this point to end up in Detroit.

Pinstripe and Redbox have satisfied their requirement of at least five different teams in six years, so we can go to either.

Selfishly, a Florida bowl would be great, particularly the Citrus and Outback bowls. But I'd also not like to be embarrassed, and Auburn and Florida would certainly be likely to embarrass IU.

Selfishly, a Florida bowl would be great, particularly the Citrus and Outback bowls. But I'd also not like to be embarrassed, and Auburn and Florida would certainly be likely to embarrass IU.

I say bring it. If we do make one of those bowls it will probably be because we beat either PSU, UM, or both. We would have a month or better to rest up and prepare. I would love to play UF or UA and I'm sure the players would too.

I say bring it. If we do make one of those bowls it will probably be because we beat either PSU, UM, or both. We would have a month or better to rest up and prepare. I would love to play UF or UA and I'm sure the players would too.

You think our guys from Florida would love to play the Gators in the state of Florida? ABSOLUTELY!

A Florida bowl game would be amazing. It would be a North FL game too. In Jacksonville or Tampa. I can drive to that game. Many IU fans could drive to that game. Plus Tampa is our FL recruiting epicenter.

If you add in that we were playing UK, well that would just be be the cherry on top. In order for that to happen we have to go 2-1 over these next 3 games. It’s doable, but it’ll require an upset and a win at PU.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Mac
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT