ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Knight on Archie Miller...

I will believe it when I see it. Getting Romeo will certainly make the rebuild quicker.

TwinDegrees2 is the biggest moron on the planet. He compares Tom Allen to Tom Crean. He calls Archie, "Little Archie."

That loser would be the 1st one back on the bandwagon if we ever achieve blue blood status again.

Not really... Though it appears as if he can say good things about IU's basketball coach.
For me it's "Yeah Really" because it's the IU coach of the IU team who was hired by the IU AD and approved by the IU BOT and the IU President (I think).

I will believe it when I see it. Getting Romeo will certainly make the rebuild quicker.
If you can't see it already, you either haven't been watching or you don't know much about basketball. As BK said, this guy can flat-out coach. This team had no business winning 9 games in the B1G this year. Coaching was completely the reason this team didn't lose 20 or 22 games.

This is at least the third time he’s publicly said something very similar to this…

I see similarities to Knight in Archie’s coaching strategy. He is far and away closer to what IU fans have been looking for since Knight was fired. He is not gimmicky and makes his guys accountable and if they keep messing up then they’ll sit. Sound familiar? My god, I can remember many times where Crean would just leave a player in and not demand more out of somebody. It was very frustrating.

Archie is the real deal and we should all be very excited, because he’s a great fit for the program. I really think Glass hit a grand slam with this hire.

You must not be watching much IU this season then. The guy can coach and transformed an entire team mindset. Basing a decision on if a guy coach dependent on landing a prized recruit makes no sense, they are not related to one another, unless he is obviously deficient. An example was Crean's gradual downslide.. We will be fine with or without Mr.Langford. I would rather have him than not, that is a no-brainer, but he does not determine the future of CAM or IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU Hardcore
Not hard to figure out why RMK appreciates Archie Miller. CAM is committed to defense, team play, and does not talk just to hear himself talk. He's not into drama and does not seek a camera or mic at every turn. He sits players when they do not perform and let's them know it. In many respects CAM is a throwback to another era of coaching, but as a young guy he understands today's player. It bodes well for IU.

If you can't see it already, you either haven't been watching or you don't know much about basketball. As BK said, this guy can flat-out coach. This team had no business winning 9 games in the B1G this year. Coaching was completely the reason this team didn't lose 20 or 22 games.
beat me to it. his quality of coaching has been very apparent this season if paying attention

I know people have their issues with Coach Knight, but I think that is about as ringing of an endorsement as any Coach at IU could have.

Reactions: ROBBOB
giphy.gif

I appreciate and respect Coach Knight's comments on Archie. Coach Knight is the best coach we've ever had and I trust his judgement on knowing who can coach and who can't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT