ADVERTISEMENT

Bluitt arrested for marijuana possession in Carmel

Why should the law change because it is a illegal drug for a reason and it causes harm to the people who take it. I want drugs harder for the kids to get, not easier. I don't want to hear about alcohol or cigarettes either because I am against those things as well.

You do realize that our government actually supplies joints to those who medically need it on a monthly basis and respond well to it? Hypocritical? yea pretty much.

Dude, it's 2017. Banning things like alcohol or pot leads to larger black markets and organized crime. I mean, read a history book. It's pointless. And you are seriously against medical marijuana despite all of the benefits?
If you really believe legalizing all of the drugs would stop all the problems then you are naïve. I would guess even in Colorado the drug dealers probably go to the stores and but it then resell it to the kids for a higher price.

Both are illegal drugs according to the law in most states. As a police officer they don't get to pick which laws they want to enforce. That's their job to enforce the law.

The police do, in fact, get to pick which laws they want to enforce. It's called discretion, and some officers use it regularly--as do some prosecutors.

Why would a high level professionally aspiring athlete whose body and health is their means of making extreme amounts of money want to do drugs or alcohol which degrades their body's ability to perform at their peak potential and dull their mental focus? This is a reflection of their personal judgement and their lack of morals to knowingly break the law.
Speeding is breaking the law & adults do it all the time

If you really believe legalizing all of the drugs would stop all the problems then you are naïve. I would guess even in Colorado the drug dealers probably go to the stores and but it then resell it to the kids for a higher price.
lol ...............

You realize alcohol is far more dangerous than pot, right? You know how prohibition turned out, right?

Easier access to children? People have guns and booze laying around their houses, but pot is going to destroy the youth? The willful ignorance in this country is startling. Indiana in particular is so backwards.
And you are a forward thinking idiot.

Cops and politicians are sworn in to uphold the law. They do not get to pick which laws they want to obey and enforce. 3 ounces or more of Marijuana is a felony. Cops do not have discretion on a felony.

If you are speeding or driving a vehicle recklessly or dangerously then you are putting other people at risk of being seriously injured or killled.

Cops and politicians are sworn in to uphold the law. They do not get to pick which laws they want to obey and enforce. 3 ounces or more of Marijuana is a felony. Cops do not have discretion on a felony.

sure the courts and cops have all the discretion they need, just ask Jim Irsay...I wonder if his "gateway" was weed, or just general self-entitlement which was reinforced by the judicial system, again. Money talks.

Reactions: T.M.P.
sure the courts and cops have all the discretion they need, just ask Jim Irsay...I wonder if his "gateway" was weed, or just general self-entitlement which was reinforced by the judicial system, again. Money talks.

Nope it was the weed. The weed was what made Irsay a scumbag. I remember him as a boy. Sweet kid.

Says the hippie toker from Portland.

Good people don't smoke marijuana, the keebler elf told me himself.
It is funny that some would think that. I know you're joking of course. Truth is I work in the "evil" financial services industry and haven't smoked pot in years. It's just that I have the ability to think critically, and believe we should focus on larger problems.

how do you have an informed discussion regarding pot and the legalization of, when 95 plus percent of those arguing vehemently against it, have absolutely no freaking idea what it is, or how it affects one.

and saying mj isn't as harmful as alcohol or cigs, is like saying spin the bottle isn't as dangerous as Russian Roulette with live ammo.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoohoome and RBB89
So much dumb in this thread. Not surprising though knowing this group.

OMG, no kidding. So much judgment too.

Yeah, I would rather take high doses of anti-inflammatory meds and narcotics to deal with my pain issues rather than use a medical cannabis product that is primarily a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, CBD. Oh, sorry. Too many big words. Non -psychoactive means it does not affect you cognitively, unlike THC. I save the THC based products for night time use after I'm in for the night. Don't want a DUI.

Just like any substance, sugar, coffee, tea, alcohol...moderation is key. And if you can't use responsibly, then don't.

Yeah, I would rather take high doses of anti-inflammatory meds and narcotics to deal with my pain issues rather than use a medical cannabis product that is primarily a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, CBD. Oh, sorry. Too many big words. Non -psychoactive means it does not affect you cognitively, unlike THC. I save the THC based products for night time use after I'm in for the night. Don't want a DUI.

Just like any substance, sugar, coffee, tea, alcohol...moderation is key. And if you can't use responsibly, then don't.
Exactly. People just refuse to educate themselves. Ignorance is celebrated. Nothing can ever change, apparently.

Reactions: IUAlum

Good friend of mine suffered for years with OCD, depression, anxiety.....was put on meds and they never helped. In fact, he would argue they made things worse. He gave them all up and now takes three to five hits a day and lives a completely normal life. It has literally changed his life for the better by giving him his life back. He's never looked or felt better. Just one of similar countless stories out there like his.

Both are illegal drugs according to the law in most states. As a police officer they don't get to pick which laws they want to enforce. That's their job to enforce the law.

i get that but what if more cops had acted like real humans during, say, the Jim Crow days or about 1000 other times in US history

humans will evolve past "just going my job" in 5k to 10k years, i'd guess lol

We live in days in which we either need to enforce the law as it is written or change the law.

Better yet, I wonder if he will basically get off with nothing? Hmmmm,Imagine if you or I were found passed out drunk with the motor running in Carmel....and not much comes of it, not a chance. Pay to be fair skinned in Hamilton County, or of course super rich like Irsay...what a sham.

Or if you are drunk and passed out behind the wheel of a running car like Cline...not much happens at all..but wait, Blueitt is not really fair skinned..
Well played race card. Clown

Why would a high level professionally aspiring athlete whose body and health is their means of making extreme amounts of money want to do drugs or alcohol which degrades their body's ability to perform at their peak potential and dull their mental focus? This is a reflection of their personal judgement and their lack of morals to knowingly break the law.
Well, there just happens to be more to life than making extreme amounts of money.

Reactions: hondo314
Wow, that may be the most asinine comment I've ever read from you and that's saying something.

Reactions: IU40IU
Wow, that may be the most asinine comment I've ever read from you and that's saying something.

My guess is you can get an ounce illegally cheaper than you get it from a legalized store. Vape pens are kind of nice though. LOL

I can't wait for the next Cheech and Chong where they are a couple of old guys opening their own store.

Yes, they do get to pick--and yes, they do have discretion on a felony. I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion on...but I'm also not interested in arguing about it. You are mistaken.

Cops and politicians are sworn in to uphold the law. They do not get to pick which laws they want to obey and enforce.

LMAO. Are you in the market for a good bridge? I've got several for sale. I'll give you a good deal if you buy more than one. I swore I'd take good care of all my customers.

Reactions: RBB89
Cops get discretion on non felony offenses but do not have discretion regarding felonies.

Medicinal Marijuana may become legal in most states but I highly doubt recreational Marijuana will any time soon. It was once legal to get Heroin at the drug store but obviously you don't legalize now it to create easier access for junkies. You create easier access to weed it ends up even more accessible to children. States Rights grant the people who live there the ability to tailor laws that fit their citizens.

This is one of the most moronic things I've read in a while.

So if they get high after a game in Denver and then they fly to Los Angeles and they get high after their game and then they fly to Portland and get high after their game and then they fly to Indiana and they get high after their game they should be arrested in Indiana?

Seriously!! Let's just get them addicted to prescription drugs instead!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-marijuana-policy-and-use-by-former-teammates

State laws differ a lot on guns. Same with marijuana and drug laws. If you travel you need to know the laws in each state.

Last edited:
Why is this thread still up? It has nothing to do with IU Basketball and the only players we should care about are our own.
We should quit second guessing everything the new coach is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT