ADVERTISEMENT

Billboards around Bloomington need to go up....

dmc456

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
If Cream isn't released soon. Fans need to take the lead!!!!

Start a go fund me to pay for billboards around Bloomington

If Cream isn't released soon. Fans need to take the lead!!!!

Start a go fund me to pay for billboards around Bloomington

It is a dumb idea, but if you are going to do this, the billboards need to be in Indy. Specifically on the north side on 65 and 465. Target a meaningful audience.

Reactions: fiveforsix
You need to do something to put the heat on Fred. He goes and all our problems are solved. However, nothing gets fixed as long as he's around

It is a dumb idea, but if you are going to do this, the billboards need to be in Indy. Specifically on the north side on 65 and 465. Target a meaningful audience.
Bloomington billboard companies probably do a lot of business with the university and would not cooperate. Maybe same for those in Indy area.

Go picket the Governor's mansion on North Meridian St. Even better yet, go picket the White House in DC

UK fan here - I was part of the group that took out the ad against Tubby Smith.

My advice is don't consider it, don't discuss it. It won't make a difference, believe me - the IU administration knows that fans are upset, Crean knows it, future recruits know it.

The downside is doing something like this is ammo against your fanbase, against your recruiting and remember - the brotherhood of coaches and former coaches that got fired and now get paid to talk on TV all day - it provides them with motivation to dog your program. They have an intense dislike against anyone who played a part when one of them gets fired.

Some may say that we had a role in removing Tubby, and maybe we did, but I suspect our actions wouldn't have made a difference. I know its tough when you lose faith in your AD. Ours dragged his feet and then rushed to get the latest "fad" coach who turned out to be a drunk psycho.

Also, fwiw, when we asked about a billboard the companies that did business in Lexington flat out refused as well. They weren't about to take on the university and media to make $2500. In retrospect, I'm glad they turned us down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT