ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Russell Names Top 75 All Time NBA

Not Wilt maybe the other two but hard to say Kareem would still have scored as no stopping the sky hook.
Shaq would have bumped him just enough before the pass to drop % considerably.

Wilt maybe, but Shaq is hands down the best 5 ever imo

I just read an article where Bill Russell developed an unbias way of segregating the top 75 all time NBA players.

His system presented the following all time starting five:

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - LeBron James
PW - Bill Russell
CTR - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

What group could beat that team?
John Stockton was the best point guard in the history of the game. Objectively, he retired with more assists AND steals than any person that's ever played the game. Subjectively, I believe he was the best PG ever at setting effective screens. He also happened to be just a tough SOB and did it all very quietly.

He's my starting PG over Magic.

Last edited:
Isn't the Joker the most likely to get MVP and also the reigning MVP?
You're right, there is an ongoing debate which is better. I'm just more familiar with Embiid.

So, I would broaden my position that either Jokic or Embiid represent the future of 5s in the NBA, and it's hard to pass-up a mobile, good shooting 7-footer for the traditional post-up player like Wilt or Shaq.

John Stockton was the best point guard in the history of the game. Objectively, he retired with more assists AND steals than any person that's ever played the game. Subjectively, I believe he was the best PG ever at setting effective screens. He also happened to be just a tough SOB and did it all very quietly.

He's my starting PG over Magic.
Yup and every time the opposing team needs a basket they'll go at him like he's a short white guy with t-rex arms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT