ADVERTISEMENT

Big Thanks to Matt Painter and the Purdue Boilermakers

Painter is such a nice guy, and it's impossible to hate him.

If we get at least get Mullins, the schadenfreude will be off the charts.

Love seeing little brother in pain.
You are right about Coach Painter. When I hear him in interviews I just like him. I joked once that it is illegal in my hometown of Washington IN to like the PU coach so it is good to live in another state.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
you have become quite the jokester, approaching lucy level
I am not joking. I like Coach Painter. My father might not be with us for very much longer. He has dementia and probably would be mad at me if he heard me say it. But I stand by it. On a more serious note. I am thankful he is comfortable. We love him and know he loves us even though he is really not there. One funny thing that happened was the last time we were there in Washington my oldest daughter was there. He said to her,"now what is your name again?" She says, "Grandpa, it's me". He then was like, "Oh, yes." and starts laughing. About two hrs later I said, "Pop, what has been going on with the Red Sox?" He then goes over two or three of the players, knows their names, stats etc. LOL! This dementia is kind of a funny thing isn't it? It is not that he doesn't love his granddaughter more. It's that she is not with him every day. He watched ESPN and hears about the Red Sox players and so can recite things about them.

Reactions: DANC
I am not joking. I like Coach Painter. My father might not be with us for very much longer. He has dementia and probably would be mad at me if he heard me say it. But I stand by it. On a more serious note. I am thankful he is comfortable. We love him and know he loves us even though he is really not there. One funny thing that happened was the last time we were there in Washington my oldest daughter was there. He said to her,"now what is your name again?" She says, "Grandpa, it's me". He then was like, "Oh, yes." and starts laughing. About two hrs later I said, "Pop, what has been going on with the Red Sox?" He then goes over two or three of the players, knows their names, stats etc. LOL! This dementia is kind of a funny thing isn't it? It is not that he doesn't love his granddaughter more. It's that she is not with him every day. He watched ESPN and hears about the Red Sox players and so can recite things about them.
If he follows the Red Sox closely, he's probably very frustrated.

• Haha
Reactions: VanPastorMan
If he follows the Red Sox closely, he's probably very frustrated.
Back in the early 2000's Dad started having mini strokes. He became a Red Sox fan when his older brother came home from the war and took him to see the Red Sox play the old St. Louis Browns. Dad got to see Ted Williams play a double header and just loved him. He was a Red Sox fan the rest of his life. I was worried he might die before seeing the Red Sox win it all. But he was able to see 3 Red Sox World Series. He doesn't at this time really know what is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT