ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten is trash

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
I dunno how the B1G sends more then 5-6 teams this year. The entire league looks shitty sands MI. Wisconsin is putrid, MSU looks like a very poor mans Baylor, Danja lost 50 lbs but still isn't good, Maryland tried starting JG, Iowa has less talent than BHSS, we almost lost to Army, and PU will 100% blow it in March.

Better start winning some non con games B1G, this is embarrassing.

I dunno how the B1G sends more then 5-6 teams this year. The entire league looks shitty sands MI. Wisconsin is putrid, MSU looks like a very poor mans Baylor, Danja lost 50 lbs but still isn't good, Maryland tried starting JG, Iowa has less talent than BHSS, we almost lost to Army, and PU will 100% blow it in March.

I was gonna post something on this today...its really eye opening, at this point.

If I'm Michigan, I might encourage Howard to make sure he's really, really, really healthy and o.k. before he comes back. Martelli has them playing very well.

The talent level as a whole looks way down.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Next couple weeks will be interesting. A lot of games vs ranked teams. B1G could use some higher profile wins, or you're right....come March, they'll be talking about how the league only deserves 5-6 bids.

We've got the #1 and #5 ranked teams, plus road game in Ann Arbor (and UM will probably be ranked by then), and virtual road game vs Auburn, all in the next month. We'll make a case for our team to be NCAA (or NIT) worthy before Christmas. Sluggish offense and defensive rotations/switches have to be addressed in practice.

I was gonna post something on this today...its really eye opening, at this point.

If I'm Michigan, I might encourage Howard to make sure he's really, really, really healthy and o.k. before he comes back. Martelli has them playing very well.
Martelli was one of Howard's best decisions. He can coach, and for a couple of years has been vocal on the bench. (I mean, he's no Thad Matta :oops:)

Martello is one of those coaches that worked extremely hard, mostly in national obscurity, while at St. Joe’s. Always competitive but not necessarily posting enough wins. But coaches know about him.
Fricking mascot at St Joe games waves his “wings” the entire time.

Michigan better hope there starting guards stay healthy they were good but not much guard play from the bench. I don't think St. Johns is very good right now. They looked a lot like Indiana so far unfortunately.

The league really has been passed by the rest of the country. MSU and PU are only two teams that COULD do something in March

the B10's last nat'l champ was MSU in 2000?

it's safe to say the rest of the country has passed us by.

So Martelli is in charge right now? That explains it.

Reactions: bIhawk and GThomas
Outside of Edey the key I see for Purdue which I hate is development of Colvin and the rest of the guards. Smith and Loyer are good but still can be exposed by pressure and speed. The only legitimate team at this point in the season from the Big Ten is Purdue.

Outside of Edey the key I see for Purdue which I hate is development of Colvin and the rest of the guards. Smith and Loyer are good but still can be exposed by pressure and speed. The only legitimate team at this point in the season from the Big Ten is Purdue.
Easy for PU to keep chugging early with what they brought back. My guess is they may end up falling a little behind where they were last year in the reg. season, but win a few games in March with the right draw.

PU better this year. After the big Canuck leaves, that's gonna be their last shot for a while. Not sold yet on MSU...they have talent but I don't see them as a F4 team right now.
Remains to be seen, but Izzo teams usually get better as the season progresses. They have veteran guards in Hoggard, Akins, and Walker which helps in March.

Reactions: dayhr11 and Shuski
PU better this year. After the big Canuck leaves, that's gonna be their last shot for a while. Not sold yet on MSU...they have talent but I don't see them as a F4 team right now.

Unfortunately I read an article just the other day where the PUkes have a top ten recruiting class coming in.
Makes me ill!!:eek:

They have another big 7’3 kid coming plus the Burgess kid. Then add the gem of the class in Catchings and it equals a very well balanced class. I hate PU but Painter recruits balance skills in his classes.
And just added 4 star Harris today. Now over limit. Who leaves?

Now I am concerned. Thx for your update.

Yeah. We are a conference that seems to be stuck in neutral where basketball is concerned. FB isn’t great either, except for a couple schools who sheyot the sheets like Purdue when it really counts.

Reactions: sglowrider
He will graduate already? He is only a Rs soph .
A lot of these guys can graduate in 3-3.5 years since they're on campus year round. Waddell likely further along considering he redshirted his first year. Not out of the question to think he can this summer after taking a few courses. He's the last person off the bench for them and will never play. If Painter asks someone to leave, it's him assuming he doesn't do it on his own.

Reactions: Spartans9312
His dad played there and he knows he isn’t an NBA player. I could see maybe to Butler but I bet he stays and gets his degree. Fun fact, his grandpa was my high school coach
That is a fun fact. Would he stay and go walk-on status? Idk. I know he's legacy.

He is the starting 4 and Edey will be gone after this year. Why would he leave
I don't think he will be starting by the end of the season. He hasn't looked particularly great playing with Edey. But if Edey leaves, he will have plenty of playtime next year.

Reactions: dayhr11
I don't think he will be starting by the end of the season. He hasn't looked particularly great playing with Edey. But if Edey leaves, he will have plenty of playtime next year.
Ya, he probably starts at the 5 next year. I honestly think the reason he doesn't look as good is because Purdue is playing guard oriented offense vs stand around and throw it inside every play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT