ADVERTISEMENT

Biden at 37% approval rating. We all know the issues he and the admin face. Tuesday's State of the Union will be

You must have taken that at a family reunion, sorry for your life man
Not quite, but almost. Thanks to the GI bill, my dad was able to go from a one room school house where his dad was teacher/principal/basketball coach, and where 1/4 of the student body was his siblings, to attend a Big 10 school and get a civil engineering degree. My mom, due to her family having some money (her dad was a college professor and a Big 10 football/basketball referee), was able to go to Washington University/Barnes Hospital, over in @mcmurtry66 neck of the woods, and become a Registered Nurse.
But, go back a couple of generations and my family, on both sides, were bigger rednecks than even you I suppose.

McM, this is all that I ask and hope how people look at their candidates.

What stuff aligns with you, what stuff doesn't and acknowledge what stuff is dumb and annoying political theater hackery so we can at least have some good faith in our discussions (as I think it's the latter that turns the most people off/starts fights).

IE...it's okay to recognize and call out characteristics you don't like in a candidate that you support. This 100% defend or die mentality, failure to acknowledge the crazy extreme out of some sense of party loyalty is a huge reason why our discussions turn into dumpster fires because now the poster is considered crazy, extreme and zombie party soldiers.

The former gives credibility.

Anyway, appreciate the honest post.
Thanks Tommy. Right back at ya

Reactions: TommyCracker
Not quite, but almost. Thanks to the GI bill, my dad was able to go from a one room school house where his dad was teacher/principal/basketball coach, and where 1/4 of the student body was his siblings, to attend a Big 10 school and get a civil engineering degree. My mom, due to her family having some money (her dad was a college professor and a Big 10 football/basketball referee), was able to go to Washington University/Barnes Hospital, over in @mcmurtry66 neck of the woods, and become a Registered Nurse.
But, go back a couple of generations and my family, on both sides, were bigger rednecks than even you I suppose.
My dad went to a maybe 4 rm school, played basketball, They actually had a guy that was in polio braces thru 8th grade that got a scholarship to play basketball at Purdue(gasp) I know. I ended up with a wife of a guy he went to school with being my freshman English teacher. She found out who I was and was the biggest bitch the world has seen to me. You can call me a hillbilly but don't call me a redneck.

The first year on the job just like Coach Woodson give the man a chance. The supreme court picks you would not be happy unless it is a righty-leaning white man. THE young lady is qualified. Righty or lefty . I feel the same way about trump. He did nothing for me.
He was a VP and spent 50 years in Fed gov. Your "first year on the job" comment is as inane as your "unless it is a righty-leaning white man" comment. Are you related to Hickory? Another shitty addition to the board I see

My dad went to a maybe 4 rm school, played basketball, They actually had a guy that was in polio braces thru 8th grade that got a scholarship to play basketball at Purdue(gasp) I know. I ended up with a wife of a guy he went to school with being my freshman English teacher. She found out who I was and was the biggest bitch the world has seen to me. You can call me a hillbilly but don't call me a redneck.
Why was she a bitch to you when she found out who you were? Did I miss something?
(Great story, btw...gotta love small town bs)
And you can call me a redneck, hillbilly, goat roper, hick, rube, bumpkin, hayseed, clodhopper, or yokel.
Just don't call me late for dinner.

Why was she a bitch to you when she found out who you were? Did I miss something?
(Great story, btw...gotta love small town bs)
And you can call me a redneck, hillbilly, goat roper, hick, rube, bumpkin, hayseed, clodhopper, or yokel.
Just don't call me late for dinner.
Small school like really small and 135 miles away, what were the chances of that ever happening? My dad is kind of an asshole guessing her husband was too . I go to a school of 1200 and have some menopausal woman on a trip I somehow meet up with? See I have different meanings though, A hillbilly learns to get by on what he has a redneck straps a can of gasoline on his back, gets on a sled and has someone light it.

very interesting. Qualified or not his SCOTUS pick is clearly a far left pick. He ran as a unifying centrist and pulled a bait and switch as a far left liberal in the eyes of many voters. It'll be interesting to hear what tenor he adopts on Tuesday and whether he disavows himself from the failed policies of the far left or continues to push BBB etc. Energy will be interesting too

Biden’s main claim to centrism was his ability to work across the aisle. A microcosm of why that was impossible is Lindsey Graham, who has long since become a circus act of what he once was, but Biden somehow held onto the belief that Lindsey Graham would suddenly revert back to being a statesman. There is no way that Mitch McConnell will ever work across the aisle with Biden or allow anyone in his herd to do so.

Next question?

Reactions: UncleMark
Biden’s main claim to centrism was his ability to work across the aisle. A microcosm of why that was impossible is Lindsey Graham, who has long since become a circus act of what he once was, but Biden somehow held onto the belief that Lindsey Graham would suddenly revert back to being a statesman. There is no way that Mitch McConnell will ever work across the aisle with Biden or allow anyone in his herd to do so.

Next question?
Negative. You don't embrace far left policies and expect the other side to meet you in the middle. He'll pulled a bait and switch

Next question....

Negative. You don't embrace far left policies and expect the other side to meet you in the middle.

Next question....
Negatory. Biden wasted a shit load of time hoping that he could work something out with Republicans. The Republicans just gleefully wasted his time.

Next bullshit question?

Negatory. Biden wasted a shit load of time hoping that he could work something out with Republicans. The Republicans just gleefully wasted his time.

Next bullshit question?
1.9 trillion. Foreclosure stays. Rent stays. Student Loan stays. BBB. Energy. On and on.
We have the highest murder rate in 30 years. Inflation 40 years. Woke rhetoric. AOC and Cori Bush pulled Biden by his ear with the foregoing.

Republicans did cross the aisle on shit that made sense. Fixing bridges.

The rest was a far left wish list. What's there to reach across the aisle on?

Next moronic question? Or are you just "MY TEAM ALL THE WAY" too fing stupid to think? I suspect it's the latter. His 37% approval rating is justified.

Crosspost

Don’t get me wrong, MCM, I was totally disappointed with the performance of the Democrats so far under Biden. But I don’t put the blame on Biden whatsoever. It’s entirely on the liberal politicians who totally screwed the pooch. As always. Liberal Democrats are the stupidest politicians that ever existed under the sun. The Democrats could’ve gotten far more done if they even simply pretended to work with conservatives.

1.9 trillion. Foreclosure stays. Rent stays. Student Loan stays. BBB. Energy. On and on.
We have the highest murder rate in 30 years. Inflation 40 years. Woke rhetoric. AOC and Cori Bush pulled Biden by his ear with the foregoing.

Republicans did cross the aisle on shit that made sense. Fixing bridges.

The rest was a far left wish list. What's there to reach across the aisle on?

Next moronic question? Or are you just "MY TEAM ALL THE WAY" too fing stupid to think? I suspect it's the latter
Lol. Unlax, bitch. Grab a napkin.

Only when I’m pulling over to pass you by. Look at the carnage of your brain-dead misery. You got money, but no future. I’ve got both, partner.
Nah you've been co-opted like the rest of the extreme idiots. You're just not very bright. Your brain is rotted by your news feed. That's why you see what's going on and find excuses instead of thinking for yourself. You try hard. But you're dumb. Likely very little education. Just an entrenched moron; whose brain has been hijacked. And my future is very bright. It involves kids, and a stoker, and green patches of grass 120/70 and beaches. Just like the present. Keep failing....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT