ADVERTISEMENT

Biden at 37% approval rating. We all know the issues he and the admin face. Tuesday's State of the Union will be

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
very interesting. Qualified or not his SCOTUS pick is clearly a far left pick. He ran as a unifying centrist and pulled a bait and switch as a far left liberal in the eyes of many voters. It'll be interesting to hear what tenor he adopts on Tuesday and whether he disavows himself from the failed policies of the far left or continues to push BBB etc. Energy will be interesting too

very interesting. Qualified or not his SCOTUS pick is clearly a far left pick. He ran as a unifying centrist and pulled a bait and switch as a far left liberal in the eyes of many voters. It'll be interesting to hear what tenor he adopts on Tuesday and whether he disavows himself from the failed policies of the far left or continues to push BBB etc. Energy will be interesting too

Leaders lead during crises. That’s exactly what President Biden is doing. He’ll speak to that, but he’s also going to speak about his optimism about what’s ahead and what we all have to look forward to.”
So says the press secretary. What is the over and under on the phrase "there is nothing Americans can't do if we just work together"? Translation: In the name of unity Americans must obey.

As much as I disagree with everything Biden has done in a year, his miserable performance and approval ratings hurts all of us. There is no way out with this guy.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Leaders lead during crises. That’s exactly what President Biden is doing. He’ll speak to that, but he’s also going to speak about his optimism about what’s ahead and what we all have to look forward to.”
So says the press secretary. What is the over and under on the phrase "there is nothing Americans can't do if we just work together"? Translation: In the name of unity Americans must obey.

As much as I disagree with everything Biden has done in a year, his miserable performance and approval ratings hurts all of us. There is no way out with this guy.
37% from hardly a right-leaning poll. How could that possibly fall on deaf ears with him? I don't see how he can do anything but pivot. Again, it'll be interesting to hear his take on this on Tues.

His scotus pick is not a far left pick. That's a political talking point to score points with the base. She is extremely qualified. She was picked from three finalists because she recently went through the vetting process and has federal level experience.

But otherwise I agree. Dems have a great opportunity right now to swing people back to them. Starts with Biden telling the squad to chill out. He should start this Tuesday.

But otherwise I agree. Dems have a great opportunity right now to swing people back to them. Starts with Biden telling the squad to chill out. He should start this Tuesday.
That’s an opportunity he will not avail himself of.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
His scotus pick is not a far left pick. That's a political talking point to score points with the base. She is extremely qualified. She was picked from three finalists because she recently went through the vetting process and has federal level experience.

What political talking point? Read her rulings/briefs/legal career history and who backed her. Of course she's far left. That doesn't mean she isn't qualified; it just is what it is: a far left pick, particularly in comparison to Childs

Last edited:
37% from hardly a right-leaning poll. How could that possibly fall on deaf ears with him? I don't see how he can do anything but pivot. Again, it'll be interesting to hear his take on this on Tues.
Pivot won’t do it. He needs to throw it into reverse. He won’t.

I hope the Democrats post the national guard to keep out truckers. The juxtaposition of the National Guard at the Capitol while people stream unchallenged across the border tells us a lot about Biden and the Democrats.

I hope the Democrats post the national guard to keep out truckers. The juxtaposition of the National Guard at the Capitol while people stream unchallenged across the border tells us a lot about Biden and the Democrats.
Preview...it's not gonna happen CO. AOC owns that party.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
What political talking point? Read her rulings/briefs/legal career history and who backed her. Of course she's far left. That doesn't mean she isn't qualified; it just is what it is: a far left pick, particularly in comparison to Childs
She's either qualified or she is not. In this case she is extremely qualified. 20 years ago she'd be a 100-0 confirmation. But yeah lindsey grahm and the likes temper tantrums aren't politics. Ok. You're smarter than that. But ok.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
She's either qualified or she is not. In this case she is extremely qualified. 20 years ago she'd be a 100-0 confirmation. But yeah lindsey grahm and the likes temper tantrums aren't politics. Ok. You're smarter than that. But ok.
No. You can be qualified and still have a political bent. You can believe in lenient sentencing and bail reform or mandatory sentencing. Those beliefs define you politically/ideologically but they don't bear on qualifications. She's clearly qualified; and I personally agree with many of her political positions (drug charge sentencing for example), but she is again a far left choice as evidenced, again, by her rulings/work history/briefs etc. Read her history. Go to the source. It has zero to do with "talking points." No different than Barrett was qualified but ideologically conservative based on her history

Last edited:

Lindsey Graham confirmed her to the conferate court just eight months ago. Now she's to far left for him.

I can't take anything he says seriously.

Lindsey Graham confirmed her to the conferate court just eight months ago. Now she's to far left for him.

I can't take anything he says seriously.
The point is you don't have to, nor that of CNN or Fox. You can read about her history and decide on your own. From what I've read she's a far left choice; Childs would have been more moderate

I fear that in 2024, we are going to be provided with two presidential candidates that a LOT of us (US voters) don't really want to cast a vote for because we have significant concerns about their ability to lead the country (all of us, not just parts of us).

Just like in 2016 and 2020.

I fear that in 2024, we are going to be provided with two presidential candidates that a LOT of us (US voters) don't really want to cast a vote for because we have significant concerns about their ability to lead the country (all of us, not just parts of us).

I agree with you. It looks like more of the same. The starters: Biden/Harris vs. Trump. Terrible. Then look at the bench. Desantis (Trump Lite) vs. A group of far left candidates. Terrible again. A repeat of 2020 literally or by proxy

“Unchallenged” border that is seeing record numbers of border apprehensions. Talk about 3D chess.

I agree with you. It looks like more of the same. The starters: Biden/Harris vs. Trump. Terrible. Then look at the bench. Desantis (Trump Lite) vs. A group of far left candidates. Terrible again. A repeat of 2020 literally or by proxy
I’m not fond of the R bench. But I have to admit the D bench is empty. I can’t think of a single one that really stands out broadly across the party.

The candidates just keep getting worse every cycle. By 2032 it will probably be Alex Jones vs Cori Bush.

37% figure is likely due to inflation

No. You can be qualified and still have a political bent. You can believe in lenient sentencing and bail reform or mandatory sentencing. Those beliefs define you politically/ideologically but they don't bear on qualifications. She's clearly qualified; and I personally agree with many of her political positions (drug charge sentencing for example), but she is again a far left choice as evidenced, again, by her rulings/work history/briefs etc. Read her history. Go to the source. It has zero to do with "talking points." No different than Barrett was qualified but ideologically conservative based on her history
I guess my point was not everything has to be some argument. She's qualified. Very qualified. By a majority of peoples opinions a very good pick. So... who cares. Vet her. Ask some questions. Confirm. Move on.

I guess my point was not everything has to be some argument. She's qualified. Very qualified. By a majority of peoples opinions a very good pick. So... who cares. Vet her. Ask some questions. Confirm. Move on.
I agree to an extent. But the larger point in the thread is Biden and his pandering to and movement toward the far left. His pick is congruent with same imo

Reactions: Sassy61
I agree with you. It looks like more of the same. The starters: Biden/Harris vs. Trump. Terrible. Then look at the bench. Desantis (Trump Lite) vs. A group of far left candidates. Terrible again.
What's your beef with Desantis? Florida man bad?

What's your beef with Desantis? Florida man bad?
I was a big fan of DeSantis prior to this year. He exhibits the same traits I despise in Dems. His involvement in telling businesses and local govs what they can and can't do is the same gov interference I hate in the Dems. The fact that I align with him politically is immaterial to that fact. It's unwanted gov involvement. What's more he does stuff for the sake of sticking it to the other side. Trolling bs. We don't need that as a country. We really do need someone capable of uniting us. He's not it. Don't get me wrong. I will vote for him over Biden or a far left choice - but he's not a good choice imo

Reactions: TommyCracker
The candidates just keep getting worse every cycle. By 2032 it will probably be Alex Jones vs Cori Bush.
I agree that the recent candidates keep getting worse, but we Americans tend to not recognize quality candidates, or bad ones, in real time. Every single presidential election since I’ve been old enough to care, I’ve heard the same thing-“Is this the best we can do? I’ll have to vote for the lessor of two evils.”

CSPAN commissioned 150 historians and scholars again last year to rank the presidents. Out of all 44 presidents (Cleveland was elected twice, non consecutive), 7 of the top 11 ranked presidents have served since World War 2-FDR (3), Eisenhower (5), Truman (6), JFK(8), Reagan (9), Obama (10), LBJ (11). I’m sure some of those giants of American history were lumped in with the “these candidates suck” narrative.

I don’t think it gets any better than an Eisenhower-Stevenson or Obama-Romney match up.

But I agree that you don’t need an historian’s eye to see we could be scraping from the bottom of the barrel these days.😂

I was a big fan of DeSantis prior to this year. He exhibits the same traits I despise in Dems. His involvement in telling businesses and local govs what they can and can't do is the same gov interference I hate in the Dems. The fact that I align with him politically is immaterial to that fact. It's unwanted gov involvement. What's more he does stuff for the sake of sticking it to the other side. Trolling bs. We don't need that as a country. We really do need someone capable of uniting us. He's not it. Don't get me wrong. I will vote for him over Biden or a far left choice - but he's not a good choice imo
McM, this is all that I ask and hope how people look at their candidates.

What stuff aligns with you, what stuff doesn't and acknowledge what stuff is dumb and annoying political theater hackery so we can at least have some good faith in our discussions (as I think it's the latter that turns the most people off/starts fights).

IE...it's okay to recognize and call out characteristics you don't like in a candidate that you support. This 100% defend or die mentality, failure to acknowledge the crazy extreme out of some sense of party loyalty is a huge reason why our discussions turn into dumpster fires because now the poster is considered crazy, extreme and zombie party soldiers.

The former gives credibility.

Anyway, appreciate the honest post.

One analyst on Fox News this morning complimented Biden on the sanctions he imposed. I about spit up my coffee.

Keep in mind: At his best, Putin is still far worse than Biden. It's OK to want a better President, though, if that's all you're saying.

Last I checked something like 15 or 17 of the most popular Governors were Republicans and some of them in purple or blue states. The GOP has a bench.

Last I checked something like 15 or 17 of the most popular Governors were Republicans and some of them in purple or blue states. The GOP has a bench.
There are R governors that a lot of Ds would vote for, but they’re also the ones called RINOs because they’re not in lockstep with the trollish/dickish side of the party.

There are R governors that a lot of Ds would vote for, but they’re also the ones called RINOs because they’re not in lockstep with the trollish/dickish side of the party.
Trump cult members might call them that, but they’re not. Once Trump is not part of the equation, even most of the former Trump cult members will end up voting for one of them too. I think.

The first year on the job just like Coach Woodson give the man a chance. The supreme court picks you would not be happy unless it is a righty-leaning white man. THE young lady is qualified. Righty or lefty . I feel the same way about trump. He did nothing for me.

These are good points. People comment/post/ vote today to tear someone down, not much else. You've hit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT