ADVERTISEMENT

Best Pregame Breakdown Written So Far

Brutally honest when comes to our OL struggles and one of the few to recognize that Georgia Southern has some players on their Defense that could cause us some real problems...

See Link;

https://www.crimson quarry.com/2017/9/19/16332956/georgia-southern-at-indiana-game-preview-analysis-odds-tv-channel-kickoff-times-and-more

Oh, and by the way, their fan board is what one is actually supposed to look like: witty repartee, intermixed with some insightful commentary and very little interpersonal sniping (one guy does it-NoHopsPops- but he's so over the top he's almost humorous: Dakich is that you?). Please don't go over there and screw it up.:confused:;)

I recall a time several years ago when this board actually discussed Football and had a good time doing so (or maybe I was just dreaming). I guess I was just dreaming, interpersonal sniping is what I recall most about this board over the years...; where's My Team is the On the Floor and his pal "the Capper" when you need them...?;):D

Sadly, and despite the efforts of several of us to maintain some level of general decorum and topic context, the mods have decided in favor of clicks; to let a few trolls degrades this place into what it has become. Other forums are benefitting.

Reactions: turney333 and 76-1
Sadly, and despite the efforts of several of us to maintain some level of general decorum and topic context, the mods have decided in favor of clicks; to let a few trolls degrades this place into what it has become. Other forums are benefitting.

Sorry, I edited the portion you were responding to above (just figured it was a going nowhere fast kind of post), but thanks for the response

Brutally honest when comes to our OL struggles and one of the few to recognize that Georgia Southern has some players on their Defense that could cause us some real problems...

See Link;

https://www.crimson quarry.com/2017/9/19/16332956/georgia-southern-at-indiana-game-preview-analysis-odds-tv-channel-kickoff-times-and-more

Re: the linked article...while I am not generally a big CQ fan I think Swick does a nice job here of a brief statistical comparison. The one war GS has to win is their Dline vs our Oline. Absent that, this is a blowout.

We will be on site about noon. Oysters on the grill assuming they arrive Friday.

Reactions: 76-1
Sorry, I edited the portion you were responding to above (just figured it was a going nowhere fast kind of post), but thanks for the response

Prolly for the best, as it will just drag them here.

See Link;

It was probably wise to delete your original comments that were harshly critical of the board so as to avoid the inevitable "if it stinks so bad, why are you wasting your time here" replies.

Frankly, it's pretty remarkable that this place isn't a complete dumpster fire considering that there appears to be virtually no moderator involvement and/or regulation. And, from my perspective, the negativity is largely generated by just one guy who has been relegated to irrelevance by the majority of regular posters who have placed him on "ignore." If you eliminate his drivel, arrogance and condescending provocation, which I did about two months ago, most of what appears is readable.

I read your link. The gist of the piece is that GS has a decent DL and not much else. The author predicts a 34-6 IU victory. I think it will be closer than that but I will be shocked if we lose and such an outcome would be beyond embarrassing for IU. I'm not sure why you seem to be so wary of this opponent (yes, I know they run the option but they have a terrible offense and lost to an FCS team) but if it turns out you're prescient and/or clairvoyant I'll come back on Sunday and virtually shake your hand while I'm crying in my coffee.

Last edited:

See Link;

Several of us identified the likely struggles of the O line before the season began, even as the prevailing view among most here was that our concerns weren't valid.

It was probably wise to delete your original comments that were harshly critical of the board so as to avoid the inevitable "if it stinks so bad, why are you wasting your time here" replies.

Frankly, it's pretty remarkable that this place isn't a complete dumpster fire considering that there appears to be virtually no moderator involvement and/or regulation. And, from my perspective, the negativity is largely generated by just one guy who has been relegated to irrelevance by the majority of regular posters who have placed him on "ignore." If you eliminate his drivel, arrogance and condescending provocation, which I did about two months ago, most of what appears is readable.

I read your link. The gist of the piece is that GS has a decent DL and not much else. The author predicts a 34-6 IU victory. I think it will be closer than that but I will be shocked if we lose and such an outcome would be beyond embarrassing for IU. I'm not sure why you seem to be so wary of this opponent (yes, I know they run the option but they have a terrible offense and lost to an FCS team) but if it turns out you're prescient and/or clairvoyant I'll come back on Sunday and virtually shake your hand while I'm crying in my coffee.

JMHO.....if we had this year's defense the last time we faced the triple option (Navy) we actually figure out a way to not give up 400 yards of rushing.

JMHO.....if we had this year's defense the last time we faced the triple option (Navy) we actually figure out a way to not give up 400 yards of rushing.
You're right. We blew a 9 point fourth quarter lead when we lost to them in Annapolis in 2012. In a way, the game the following year in Bloomington was even worse. Keenan Reynolds, a gifted athlete, flawlessly executed the option. Navy never had to punt.

See Link;

OL play really needs to start improving. From everything I read about Hiller he runs schemes similar to Freys and with all his experience should be able to start getting some continuity going soon. When he was at Cinci he tried several different schemes before they got rolling but we have much more to work with here. One thing I have not yet seen is the cutback which is something we have been damn good at the past few years due to a great zone block scheme. Thats the one area IMO that we need to start improving (running game) and soon as psu, michi, and michi state are just around the corner. The play calling seems to be helping the OL out some but we have to get a running game going. Hopefully we see that this week!

OL play really needs to start improving. From everything I read about Hiller he runs schemes similar to Freys and with all his experience should be able to start getting some continuity going soon. When he was at Cinci he tried several different schemes before they got rolling but we have much more to work with here. One thing I have not yet seen is the cutback which is something we have been damn good at the past few years due to a great zone block scheme. Thats the one area IMO that we need to start improving (running game) and soon as psu, michi, and michi state are just around the corner. The play calling seems to be helping the OL out some but we have to get a running game going. Hopefully we see that this week!

Good recap. Brandon Knight is a must to get the running game going IMO.

You're right. We blew a 9 point fourth quarter lead when we lost to them in Annapolis in 2012. In a way, the game the following year in Bloomington was even worse. Keenan Reynolds, a gifted athlete, flawlessly executed the option. Navy never had to punt.
I remember the pain. I'm hoping for a respectable showing by all three phases Saturday. O line needs to get moving.
Respectfully,

Reactions: 76-1 and Bowlmania

Yeah..., I'm not buying that 23 point spread and while I hope everyone is completely correct about the game turning into a blowout (and on paper it should) several things make me nervous about it.

1. The fact that their coaching staff is literally coaching to keep their jobs another week pretty much assures us of their best coaching effort.
  2. The fact that they run a version of the Flexbone out of the shotgun should make them a difficult to contain, explosive offense (although there's little evidence to date to show that they've mastered their own scheme, I'm just afraid that two games in and with a bye week that they might have solved their problems just in time for us [would be just our luck]...).
  3. I could see us jumping out to a reasonable lead, relaxing, and letting these guys back in the game..., our even worse, our players having bought into this "all we have to do is step on the field and we'll beat them by 20+" mindset..., taking a big hit early and then struggling to get back in it...It would be a sickening thing to see but if we let Georgia Southern gain some confidence it could come back to bite us big time (in my opinion). If the Option is run properly it is really tough to beat (luckily, so far, these guys haven't shown more than flashes of running it properly, let's hope that continues to be the case this Saturday)...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT