ADVERTISEMENT

Best IU walk-on of all time?

Buckner started on a FB scholarship fro 2 years (not sure if he stayed on FB after dropping it after 2 years or not), but he would have technically been a walk on for hoops to start--assuming rules were the same then for multi sport athletes. If they were, the question needs to be, who was the 2nd best. My guess would be Jiminez followed closely by McBob

Reactions: 76-1
These are all good.

I'd also give a nod to Daniel Moore, Kyle Taber and Jeff Howard.

Probably Tapek, Erick S, Taber, Jimenez and McBob probably generated the most stats in my lifetime.
These would be on my list as well, but I would pick Suhr and McBob as the best with a nod towards Suhr for playing the point better than one would expect from a walk on.

I expect there were several players in the 60's and much earlier that might have played key roles, but didn't get noticed. Did people even know who was on scholarship back then?

I know Mc Roberts did some really good things this past season. But the fact that he would not or could not shoot the ball allowed defenders to double down in the low post on other players. If the Hoosiers improve as much as I hope they will I don’t think he’s going to get much playing time this year unless he develops a tremendous amount more confidence in his shot.

I wonder who the best college walk on ever would be. Other than the guys who's dad coached so they could walk on and not worry about money. The true walk on players. Jeff Hornacek maybe?

Reactions: Cutter1973
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT